Would devaluing RBs make for a better league?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Would devaluing RBs make for a better league?

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:40 am

I'm still waiting to see start 4WR leagues. Even if the shelf life of stud RBs is short, the title still goes to whomever has the next stud RB

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:23 am

Krypto_King wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:40 am I'm still waiting to see start 4WR leagues. Even if the shelf life of stud RBs is short, the title still goes to whomever has the next stud RB
I'm in one! It's fun. I'm also in two that start 3WRs and 1 TE but have an extra WR/TE flex on top of the standard flex positions, and those are effectively 4 WR leagues in most cases.

As for balancing the positions, remember that you're doing that on a seasonal/redraft scale. If every position has the same value-over-baseline on a season to season basis, then RBs quickly become the least valuable position because of the shorter career.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:14 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:23 am
Krypto_King wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:40 am I'm still waiting to see start 4WR leagues. Even if the shelf life of stud RBs is short, the title still goes to whomever has the next stud RB
I'm in one! It's fun. I'm also in two that start 3WRs and 1 TE but have an extra WR/TE flex on top of the standard flex positions, and those are effectively 4 WR leagues in most cases.

As for balancing the positions, remember that you're doing that on a seasonal/redraft scale. If every position has the same value-over-baseline on a season to season basis, then RBs quickly become the least valuable position because of the shorter career.
Indeed. In a draft right now with position scaling points per rec (.5 RB, 1.3 WR, 2TE) and I still haven't drafted a RB in the 8th round. What's the point of drafting the more volatile position when it's going to score less points and likely have a shorter career?

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:39 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:14 pm Indeed. In a draft right now with position scaling points per rec (.5 RB, 1.3 WR, 2TE) and I still haven't drafted a RB in the 8th round. What's the point of drafting the more volatile position when it's going to score less points and likely have a shorter career?
Yeah, it might still be a while before positional PPR variation catches on - if it ever does.

More recent interest in half-ppr is basically a lazy but way to fix PPR, but it still doesn't fix what positional PPR variation would fix.

I mean, look how long it took NFL.com to switch to PPR - literally happened only a few years ago, which is hilariously behind the times.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

TUDL
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TUDL » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:27 am

Our league accomplishes this by starting 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex(RB,WR,TE), 1PK, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB.
The need for one less RB makes all the difference.