Collusion?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PTW32
Captain
Captain

Collusion?

Postby PTW32 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:42 am

Hey guys a need help.

In a league a co commish but i didnt create, this trade just went down.

Team A gets:
Aaron Jones
Michael Gallup
Phillip Lindsay
Parris Campbell
Terry McLauren

Team B gets:
Zeke Elliot
Davante Adams
Tyreek Hill
Matt Brieda
Preston Williams

Alittle backround into. Team A and B are friends.

Team A has a history of complaining about bad trade and pushing for vetos.

Right before this trade went through team A brought up wanted to trade year round with no trade deadline. We had a back and forth on why i believe we should have a trading deadline before the playoffs and reopen trading after the champtionship. He then threatened to quit.

Now hes basicly saying its his team and he can do whatever he wants and pointing to previous bad trades.

Help me... I think its collusion but am i to emotional about it?

Whats the next step? I what to reverse the trade and boot team A. Is that rational?
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Re: Collusion?

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri May 29, 2020 8:47 am

Pretty obvious collusion and a big FU to the league and commish. League dies if you don't overturn the trade and likely boot the guy.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri May 29, 2020 8:48 am

Something fishy is definitely going on because that's a horrible trade for team "A".
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:00 am

Seems like he's trying to prove a point, I'd have a hard time letting that go through if I was comish
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:16 am

Sounds like team A is in the wrong, however I'm not sure Team B is. Is Team B not supposed to accept an awesome trade that comes his way? There's know way to tell if they both planned it out unless one of them admits it. I think Team A is sticking it to you as well, and would be surprised if they even stuck around in the league. That trade is so incredibly lopsided that Team B would be getting double the value. I say Never Veto a legit trade. I don't think this trade is legit.
Last edited by Never Veto1 on Fri May 29, 2020 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 am

Team A needs to go. He's sabotaging the league. Reverse the trade, refund his money for the year, and seek a new owner.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:19 am

It is his team and he can do what he want's with it, unless it gets to a point where he is being detrimental to the league, at that point I feel it is the commish's obligation to step in and uphold the integrity of the league.
12 Team 1QB PPR

RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:27 am

They have now offered to trade Zeke back the other way for Dak to "even it out and make y'all happy"

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri May 29, 2020 9:30 am

I mean he thinks trade deadlines are stupid lol. If thats a deal breaker to him then let him leave. but yes based on the previous interactions you've had id say its collusion
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri May 29, 2020 9:31 am

I've had similar problem owners before. They threaten to quit (please do!) when they don't get their way. They vocalize too much, they exaggerate often, every trade is unfair, etc. It's a pain in the rear.

The background you give makes it look like he's trying to make a point. He is literally daring you to veto this trade. If you do, he'll complain. If the trade goes through, other owners will be upset that it went through. He sees it as a win-win on his end and he's right.

UNLESS.....

You kick him out of the league. His friend too. This is collusion for the obvious purpose of getting what he wants OR just to be a jerk if he doesn't get what he wants. He's toying with the league and making a joke out of it. He needs to go. Here's the process I suggest you take:

1) Generate an email consisting of the rest of the league. Do not include the owners of teams A and B.
2) Explain the situation. Be brief but cover all points. Include how much of a pain it's been to deal with the problem owner.
3) Suggest kicking them out and replacing them. Give them their refund if they paid (it's only fair). Send Email
4) Make sure you get the APPROVAL from the rest of the league. This is very important. Other suggestions may also be brought up. It's important you hear from all the other owners first and hear their suggestions, if any.
5) Pick the best suggestion and put it to a vote. Hopefully kicking is the suggestion & the vote.
6) Get the vote to pass, majority rule. KICK THEM OUT. Refund them (this will sever all ties and give them 0 legs to stand on).
7) Replace them.

ASAP. Don't sit on this or it'll get worse.

EDIT: Put a time limit on replies too. Make it within a few hours if possible. If you have league phone numbers, use them. The faster you resolve this the better off you'll be.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:35 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:31 am I've had similar problem owners before. They threaten to quit (please do!) when they don't get their way. They vocalize too much, they exaggerate often, every trade is unfair, etc. It's a pain in the rear.

The background you give makes it look like he's trying to make a point. He is literally daring you to veto this trade. If you do, he'll complain. If the trade goes through, other owners will be upset that it went through. He sees it as a win-win on his end and he's right.

UNLESS.....

You kick him out of the league. His friend too. This is collusion for the obvious purpose of getting what he wants OR just to be a jerk if he doesn't get what he wants. He's toying with the league and making a joke out of it. He needs to go. Here's the process I suggest you take:

1) Generate an email consisting of the rest of the league. Do not include the owners of teams A and B.
2) Explain the situation. Be brief but cover all points. Include how much of a pain it's been to deal with the problem owner.
3) Suggest kicking them out and replacing them. Give them their refund if they paid (it's only fair). Send Email
4) Make sure you get the APPROVAL from the rest of the league. This is very important. Other suggestions may also be brought up. It's important you hear from all the other owners first and hear their suggestions, if any.
5) Pick the best suggestion and put it to a vote. Hopefully kicking is the suggestion & the vote.
6) Get the vote to pass, majority rule. KICK THEM OUT. Refund them (this will sever all ties and give them 0 legs to stand on).
7) Replace them.

EDIT: Put a time limit on replies too. Make it within a few hours if possible. If you have league phone numbers, use them. The faster you resolve this the better off you'll be.
^^^^Do this immediately!
12 Team 1QB PPR

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:36 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:31 am I've had similar problem owners before. They threaten to quit (please do!) when they don't get their way. They vocalize too much, they exaggerate often, every trade is unfair, etc. It's a pain in the rear.

UNLESS.....

7) Replace them.

Thank you so much for this.

If it we my league I'd have already kicked him out bc hes a prick but I'm just the co-commish. The other one who started the league has been MIA today. (I'm nxot blaming him, he has a job). I'm waiting to discuss it with him but all these suggestion are a huge help.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri May 29, 2020 9:38 am

Never Veto wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:35 am

UNLESS.....

7) Replace them.

^^^^Do this immediately!
Yup, only other thing i would suggest, is to convene with the actual commissioner first about this, you said you were the co commish so go to him first privately and have this discussion between the two of you
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri May 29, 2020 9:38 am

Never Veto wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:35 am

UNLESS.....

7) Replace them.

^^^^Do this immediately!
X3 - this is the right move for sure

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:50 am

FML, the commish says he doesnt know what to do bc there is no provision in the rules that say a trade will be over turned for collusion. (It just says no vetos)

Meanwhile team A continues to say that its his team and hes allowed to tank if he wants

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex