Then and Now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Then and Now.

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:14 am

What is your longest standing league and how did you get to where you are today? I couldn't even possibly list all the trades made with this team. This is the 1st ever orphan I took over, which is now the team in my Sig, which would be much better if Luck never retired. Keep in mind guys I took this over way back in March of 2011. In both 2011 and 2012 I had top 2 picks, plus with the help of the folks around here I was able to trade a lot of players for picks and so on. I took over this team shortly after I joined the forum. I use to have a list of all the transactions and could probably still get them from 2013 on, but doubt that would interest everybody.

2011 - 20th
2012 - 19th
2013 - 2nd
2014 - 2nd
2015 - 2nd
2016 - 1st
2017 - 1st
2018 - 1st round exit
2019 - 2nd

QB - Matt Hasselbeck, Tim Tebow, Tarvaris Jackson
RB - Joseph Addai, John Kuhn, Ryan Matthews, Brian Westbook, Jason Snelling
WR - Reggie Wayne, Greg Jennings, Jordan Shipley, Devin Aromashodu, Bryant Johnson
TE - Daniel Graham, Ben Patrick, Alge Crumpler

thought this might be fun
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Then and Now.

Postby Hottoddies » Thu May 28, 2020 2:25 am

2004 Championship Team( drafted as a redraft team and the league decided to turn the league into a dynasty league after the season with the rosters as is. I happen to draft the perfect storm team of old guys in their last glory season. As the champ I had the last pick the following year, came in last place, and started "my way too long" rebuild. It took me 8 years to win another championship.

QB Brett Farve, Jake Plummer, Drew Bledsoe
RB Ahman Green, Brian Westbrook, Micheal Bennett, Tatum Bell, Robert Droughns
WR Torry Holt, Rod Smith, Donte Stallworth, Ashley Lelie, Drew Bennett

My first trade was Brian Westbrook for some rookie WR named Larry Fitzgerald

My current team: 10 team non-PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FX DEF K

QB Carson Wentz, Kirk Cousins
RB Ezekiel Elliott, Nick Chubb, Leonard Fournette, Mark Ingram, Derrius Guice, Gus Edwards, Justice Hill
WR Julio Jones, Allen Robinson, DeVante Parker, Sammy Watkins, N'Keal Harry, James Washington, Mohamed Sanu, TreQuan Smith
TE Evan Engram, Darren Waller, Dallas Goedart
2020 draft picks: 1.05 1.09 3.09 4.09 5.09 6.09 7.09
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Thu May 28, 2020 7:29 am

My very first league was a startup draft in 2012, after the inaugural draft my team was:

QB - Eli Manning, Jake Locker, Brock Osweiler
RB - Jonathan Stewart, Beanie Wells, David Wilson, BJGE, Robert Turbin, Evan Royster, Bilal Powell, Cyrus Gray
WR - AJ Green, Percy harvin, Stevie Johnson, Leonard Hankerson, Emmanual Sanders, Ryan Broyles, Nate Washington, Lestear Jean, Earl Bennett
TE - Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett, Lance Kendricks

2012 - 5th
2013 - 4th
2014 - 11th
2015 - 7th
2016 - 1st
2017 - 6th
2018 - 1st
2019 - 2nd

Current team:

QB - Russell Wilson, Garnder Minshew, Jordan Love
RB - James Conner, Chris Carson, David Johnson, AJ Dillon, Michael Warren, Damien Williams
WR - Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, DJ Moore, JUJU Smith-Schuster, Aj Green, Deebo Samuel, Darius Slayton, Justin Jefferson, Jalen Reagor
TW - Evan Engram, Noah Fant, Chris Herndon, Will dissley, Jacob Hollister, Kaden Smith, Ian Thomas, Adam Trautman.

Still have AJG from the original team! That is it.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:12 am

grooner wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:29 am Still have AJG from the original team! That is it.
I drafted AJG as a rookie in 2011, kept him all the way till last year, and once he was injured again I decided to move on. He was the longest player I ever kept. Traded for Penny and a pick. That trade hasn't worked out very well so far.
12 Team 1QB PPR

RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Thu May 28, 2020 10:00 am

Never Veto wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:12 am
grooner wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:29 am Still have AJG from the original team! That is it.
I drafted AJG as a rookie in 2011, kept him all the way till last year, and once he was injured again I decided to move on. He was the longest player I ever kept. Traded for Penny and a pick. That trade hasn't worked out very well so far.
Yeah I was tempted to move him last year but when I tried his value was like a 3rd, just didn't seem worth it. I would rather let him rot on my roster lol. He was my favourite player, and probably still would be if he actually played!

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu May 28, 2020 11:13 am

If we're talking Dynasty then 2014. I was dynasty before that but the leagues folded or I left as the rules changed or something similar.

If we're talking redraft then my 2003 league is tops.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Thu May 28, 2020 12:51 pm

2016 was when I first started dynasty and the only dynasty league that I play in.

Team after startup draft:
QB- Winston, Paxton Lynch, Jimmy G
RB- Hyde, D. Murray, Abdullah, Booker, DeAndre Washington, Perkins,
WR- OBJ, Cooper, Cobb, Kevin White, Coleman, Boyd
TE- Eifert, ASJ, Higbee
K- Aguayo
D/ST- Jags

2016- Somehow finished 2nd in regular season (lost in semis)
2017- 9th in regular season (lead to winning consolation bracket and getting Barkley)
2018- 1st in regular season (lost in semis)
2019- 1st in regular season (won ship)

As you can tell, my team has came a long way. After the 1st year, I traded Hyde and 2 3rd’s for 1.06, which ended up being Mixon. Also drafted Mahomes and Kamara in the 2nd that year. I sucked the next year, but was still able to win the consolation bracket and get Barkley. I was also able to trade D Murray after the first year (right before his value tanked) with M Bryant for M. Thomas. I’ve made some other big trades and minor trades, along with some great drafting to get me where I am today. Trying to repeat again this year. You can see my current team in my signature. Boy it is a day and night difference from whenI started. Only Cooper, OBJ, and Winston are still on my team from the beginning. Would be happy to list actual trades for some of my players, but I don’t want to bog down this thread with every trade I did.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu May 28, 2020 3:49 pm

Took over this team towards the end of the 2014 startup (after the 30th round)-
14 team PPR, starting 1Q, 2R, 3W, T, R/W/T, several IDP
Peyton, Eli, Vick
Z Stacy, MJD, Fred Jackson, Antonio Andrews
Welker, Andre Johnson, Boldin, Danario Alexander, Steve Smith, DHB, Meacham, Tavarres King
Julius Thomas, Joseph Fauria, Jermichael Finley, Ryan Griffin

Sold every piece, went hard core rebuild. Lucked into the pick that turned into Zeke. Have very little depth after a series of trades.

Wilson, Brees, Luck
Zeke, Kamara, Guice, L Murray
Hopkins, OBJ, Marvin Jones, Robby Anderson, Conley
Kittle
-------------------------
Another team has been going the opposite way since the 2012 startup-
12 team PPR starting 1Q, 1R, 3 W, 1T, R/W, R/W/T
Vick, Big Ben
Charles, McFadden, P Thomas, Shonn Greene, James Starks, Lamar Miller
Fitzgerald, VJax, Titus Young, Leonard Hankerson, Kendall Wright, Jeremy Kerley, Nate Burleson
Vernon Davis, Kellen Davis

I approached the startup intending to get two stud elite WR pillars and draft/trade for their replacements. That never happened- the WR trade market was tight and I approached each draft with reinforcing my contending roster. When Jamaal Charles tailed off hard, I went from perennial playoff team to just trying to get the 6th seed. Went full reboot a year ago.

Ryan, Taysom Hill, Brissett, Dalton
Carson, T Cohen, Hunt, Peterson, Antonio Gibson
Hopkins, Lockett, McLaurin, Slayton, Fitzgerald, Stills, AGG and 10 thousand rookie WRs
OJH, Rudolph, Sprinkle, Thad Moss

Hoping this isn't the wrong year to go hardcore rebuild.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Sat May 30, 2020 6:10 pm

My longest running league I joined in 1986 and is still running with 7/10 original owners. We started the keeper format in 1990 and is still a keeper format 30 years later. We all grew up together and it’s now a means to still see the guys all this time later. It’s been fantastic. My first pick ever was Bernie kosar who was a lousy fantasy qb but being new to the hobby I thought he was gonna help me win but didn’t. Over the years I’ve owned Brett farve, Emmitt, Calvin, Herman Moore, Chris Warren, Ricky waters, Jerry rice, Henry ellard, Andre risen, Carl Pickens, Carson Palmer, daunte culpepper, Randy Moss, Kurt Warner, Randall Cunningham, Chris carter, Neal Anderson, Isaac Bruce, flipper Anderson, edgerrin james, Marshall Faulk, Sterling sharpe, etc etc as well as all the recent stars like gronk, Mike Evans, Ezekiel, Lamar, Tyreek, Saquon, and many others. Our initial weekly standings and stat sheets were all on xerox copy paper and picked up at the local sports card shop on a weekly basis and it was your responsibility To buy Monday’s USA Today and check the stats from the paper vs the scoring for that week to make sure the commissioner tabulated your score correctly. Those were great times as today’s are and it’s been a great ride and I wouldn’t trade it for anything!!!
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Finfansteve wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:10 pm My longest running league I joined in 1986 and is still running with 7/10 original owners. We started the keeper format in 1990 and is still a keeper format 30 years later. We all grew up together and it’s now a means to still see the guys all this time later. It’s been fantastic. My first pick ever was Bernie kosar who was a lousy fantasy qb but being new to the hobby I thought he was gonna help me win but didn’t. Over the years I’ve owned Brett farve, Emmitt, Calvin, Herman Moore, Chris Warren, Ricky waters, Jerry rice, Henry ellard, Andre risen, Carl Pickens, Carson Palmer, daunte culpepper, Randy Moss, Kurt Warner, Randall Cunningham, Chris carter, Neal Anderson, Isaac Bruce, flipper Anderson, edgerrin james, Marshall Faulk, Sterling sharpe, etc etc as well as all the recent stars like gronk, Mike Evans, Ezekiel, Lamar, Tyreek, Saquon, and many others. Our initial weekly standings and stat sheets were all on xerox copy paper and picked up at the local sports card shop on a weekly basis and it was your responsibility To buy Monday’s USA Today and check the stats from the paper vs the scoring for that week to make sure the commissioner tabulated your score correctly. Those were great times as today’s are and it’s been a great ride and I wouldn’t trade it for anything!!!
Wow that’s awesome to here about. I’m in a similar league however it’s a redraft and in its infancy compared to yours. We’re only in our 13th year. But it’s all a bunch of buddies. I’m hoping it’s last as long as yours.
12 Team 1QB PPR

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Sun May 31, 2020 12:13 pm

Never Veto wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:48 pm
Finfansteve wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:10 pm My longest running league I joined in 1986 and is still running with 7/10 original owners. We started the keeper format in 1990 and is still a keeper format 30 years later. We all grew up together and it’s now a means to still see the guys all this time later. It’s been fantastic. My first pick ever was Bernie kosar who was a lousy fantasy qb but being new to the hobby I thought he was gonna help me win but didn’t. Over the years I’ve owned Brett farve, Emmitt, Calvin, Herman Moore, Chris Warren, Ricky waters, Jerry rice, Henry ellard, Andre risen, Carl Pickens, Carson Palmer, daunte culpepper, Randy Moss, Kurt Warner, Randall Cunningham, Chris carter, Neal Anderson, Isaac Bruce, flipper Anderson, edgerrin james, Marshall Faulk, Sterling sharpe, etc etc as well as all the recent stars like gronk, Mike Evans, Ezekiel, Lamar, Tyreek, Saquon, and many others. Our initial weekly standings and stat sheets were all on xerox copy paper and picked up at the local sports card shop on a weekly basis and it was your responsibility To buy Monday’s USA Today and check the stats from the paper vs the scoring for that week to make sure the commissioner tabulated your score correctly. Those were great times as today’s are and it’s been a great ride and I wouldn’t trade it for anything!!!
Wow that’s awesome to here about. I’m in a similar league however it’s a redraft and in its infancy compared to yours. We’re only in our 13th year. But it’s all a bunch of buddies. I’m hoping it’s last as long as yours.
It’s been a fun ride no doubt. And the league is still thriving. New rules are voted on every off season. Everyone comes back. We had one guy retire from the police force last year and we started this we we were late teens/early 20’s so there’s that aspect as well watching everyone’s life develop, marriages, divorces, children, now grandchildren. The league has been a very good tool keeping us all together in the days before social media could keep you in touch
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points