Rank these rooking WRs (draft help)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
adamzaff
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Rank these rooking WRs (draft help)

Postby adamzaff » Sat May 23, 2020 1:02 pm

I wanted to see everyones opinion on these WR's listed below for long term value on a rebuilding team as I value everyone's opinion here

If you can rank them 1 through 7 with a quick one line synopsis as well as add tiers if possible. I have some picks in late 1st/early 2nd

My Current Rankings of this group of WR's
1) Higgins (1st tier)
2) Pittman (1st tier)
3) Mims (2nd tier)
4) Ruggs (2nd tier)
5) Aiyuk (3rd tier)
6) Edwards (4th tier)
7) Shenault (4th tier)
Trying to go from worst to first, who wants to help!

12 team with IDP .5 ppr,: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4 Flex (WR/RB/TE).
Also includes IDP (2each) for DL, LB, DB and 1 kicker
Starts 15/ Bench is 25 deep with 3 practice squad spots for players yet to meet min criteria for career
Free agency has been locked since Superbowl and will start after the draft concludes

QB: Drew Lock, Brissett, Driskel, Allen, Blough, Finley
RB: Eckler, Gordon, Justin Jackson, Darrell Williams, McKissic, Brian Hill
WR: Hopkins, Deebo Samuel, Boykins, Valdez-Scantling, Allison, Snead, Sanu, Goodwin, Coutee, Agholor, Isabella, St. Brown, Ward, Chester Rodgers, Paul Richard
TE: Ian Thomas, Irv Smith, Ryan Griffin
DL: Trey Flowers, Justin Houston, Jonathon Allen
LB: Fred Warner, Matt Milano, Anthony Walker
DB: Budda Baker, Adrian Amos, Jessie Bates
K: Jake Elliott

2020- Dobbins, Jeudy, Reagor, Higgins, 3.03, 4.01, 5.01 (traded for Drew Lock also)
2021 1st, 1st, 2nd 4th, 5th

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Rank these rooking WRs (draft help)

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat May 23, 2020 2:15 pm

Tier 1
Mims—incredible athletic traits and an open depth chart with a gunslinger-type QB; fall in the draft reminded me of DK last year slipping to the end of the 2nd

Pittman—polished routes, reliable hands with elite jump ball/contested catch ability; only negative for me is breakout age which, while not totally awful, makes him more of a Tier 1.5 for me, even if the USC WR room was crowded until his senior year

Tier 2
Higgins—like the landing spot and great analytic profile; my bigger issue is film and lack of separation reminding me of Mike Williams more than AJ Green. He will have a hard time with top CB coverage but a QB specialized in accuracy like Burrow is the best outcome for him

Ruggs—I’ll admit he has grown on me. I want nothing to do with speedsters for fantasy purposes generally, especially when they are number 3 on their college team and have dink and dunk Carr throwing to them, but from film he actually does a lot of him damage underneath and draft capital is something that has to be considered here

Edwards—he was my must have going into the draft with an elite analytic profile, strong hands and good contested catch ability; injuries are a concern as is lack of an elite trait that leads to profiling as a WR2 for many, but to me he passes the analytic and tape tests and is the best value at WR in this class

Tier 3
Shenault—I am willing to overlook injuries to some degree; but when combined with a limited route tree the Cordarelle Patterson comparisons loom large for me. Still has nice upside even if he is unlikely to ever reach it which puts him ahead of Aiyuk for me

Aiyuk—breakout age, breakout age, breakout age...even worse than Pittman’s and basically irrelevant until last season without even limited production. Yes—first round draft capital but remember that this matters a lot less on bust rates for WRs than RBs, especialy the Niners who, beyond not having much passing volume, have a piss poor record of drafting WRs in recent years. He has incredible YAC ability but an awful breakout age makes him DND for me, even if he will get opportunity soon enough

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:43 pm

Really great writeup stripes.
Mine is the same tier except tier 1 and 2 are all one tier for me. And then it's the tier 3.

I wouldn't mind trading down from anyone of those in tier 1&2 in stripes tier to land someone else in that tier (1&2 same for me) and pick up another pick.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat May 23, 2020 2:43 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:15 pm Tier 1
Mims—incredible athletic traits and an open depth chart with a gunslinger-type QB; fall in the draft reminded me of DK last year slipping to the end of the 2nd

Pittman—polished routes, reliable hands with elite jump ball/contested catch ability; only negative for me is breakout age which, while not totally awful, makes him more of a Tier 1.5 for me, even if the USC WR room was crowded until his senior year

Tier 2
Higgins—like the landing spot and great analytic profile; my bigger issue is film and lack of separation reminding me of Mike Williams more than AJ Green. He will have a hard time with top CB coverage but a QB specialized in accuracy like Burrow is the best outcome for him

Ruggs—I’ll admit he has grown on me. I want nothing to do with speedsters for fantasy purposes generally, especially when they are number 3 on their college team and have dink and dunk Carr throwing to them, but from film he actually does a lot of him damage underneath and draft capital is something that has to be considered here

Edwards—he was my must have going into the draft with an elite analytic profile, strong hands and good contested catch ability; injuries are a concern as is lack of an elite trait that leads to profiling as a WR2 for many, but to me he passes the analytic and tape tests and is the best value at WR in this class

Tier 3
Shenault—I am willing to overlook injuries to some degree; but when combined with a limited route tree the Cordarelle Patterson comparisons loom large for me. Still has nice upside even if he is unlikely to ever reach it which puts him ahead of Aiyuk for me

Aiyuk—breakout age, breakout age, breakout age...even worse than Pittman’s and basically irrelevant until last season without even limited production. Yes—first round draft capital but remember that this matters a lot less on bust rates for WRs than RBs, especialy the Niners who, beyond not having much passing volume, have a piss poor record of drafting WRs in recent years. He has incredible YAC ability but an awful breakout age makes him DND for me, even if he will get opportunity soon enough
Nice stuff man!!

adamzaff
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby adamzaff » Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm

Tier 2

Tier 3

Excellent insight!!!

I wondered about Edwards due to the landing spot and wondering how the Raiders will actually use them both (Ruggs & Edwards) alongside of Bowden's "joker" position. Thanks for the write up!

Starts 15/ Bench is 25 deep with 3 practice squad spots for players yet to meet min criteria for career
Free agency has been locked since Superbowl and will start after the draft concludes

WR: Hopkins, Deebo Samuel, Boykins, Valdez-Scantling, Allison, Snead, Sanu, Goodwin, Coutee, Agholor, Isabella, St. Brown, Ward, Chester Rodgers, Paul Richard

2020- Dobbins, Jeudy, Reagor, Higgins, 3.03, 4.01, 5.01 (traded for Drew Lock also)

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat May 23, 2020 2:54 pm

adamzaff wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm

Tier 2

Tier 3

Excellent insight!!!

I wondered about Edwards due to the landing spot and wondering how the Raiders will actually use them both (Ruggs & Edwards) alongside of Bowden's "joker" position. Thanks for the write up!
I do think Edwards might have a hard time shining with Carr at QB. Need a guy more comfortable throwing to tighter windows, but I think they get that guy in next year's draft unless the Raiders get to the playoffs.
Honestly I would say unless they get 10 wins. Would an 8-8 appearance as the 7 seed and blowout loss in the first round save Carr? I doubt it, especially with the need for excitement to build support in Vegas

adamzaff
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby adamzaff » Sat May 23, 2020 3:40 pm

Good points, I didn't think of post Carr era which could be coming soon.

J. Edgar
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby J. Edgar » Sat May 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Great write up, couldn't agree more on Aiyuk.
12 Team Dyno PPR IDP '14 '15 '17 '19 Champion '16 '18 Runner Up
QB Tannehill / Goff
RB Chubb / Kamara / Hunt / J. Rob/ Latavius /
WR Justin Jefferson/DJ Moore/M. Williams/Gallup/Boyd/Renfrow
TE Fant / Kmet / Albert O /
LB B. Wagner / Martinez / D. Leonard / Milano / Long
DB Poyer/ McKinney /
DL Day / Golden /
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX RB OR WR/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/S/S/FLEX

adamzaff
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby adamzaff » Sun May 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Thanks a bunch. I am working on a trade to move down from 1.08 to 1.10 and then have 2.01 (12team league) so this is great insight of who may be there for these 2 picks