Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2020 Offseason Completed Trades

Postby ThunderTung » Sat May 23, 2020 1:17 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:59 am Gave 1.12
Got Damien Harris and 3.02
uhhhhh, really hop Harris steals Michels role this year for your sake lol
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:18 pm

I was going to say great deal but then realized you have the first lol

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:12 pm

Like pretty much any dynasty trade this *could* end up looking good for you down the line, but as of now...*woof*.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat May 23, 2020 3:28 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:17 pm
I loved Harris coming out and I think Michel makes zero sense on that team. Coming in last year i thought Harris had the skills to do Michel and Whites role. If Michel wasn't a first round pick he would probably be a non factor on that team already.

What encourages me about Harris is his 25 wonderlic score (I thought Harris was every bit the running back prospect that Jacobs was). That's good for a running back and shows he shouldn't be hampered by a lack of understanding the offense. On top of that I like Stidhams potential in that offense. I was pretty desperate for young running back help, and I wasn't too enthused by whats available at 1.12. Maybe value wise I didn't get every cent I could, but the Harris owner already turned down some other offers to aquire him.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:07 pm

You like Stidham's POTENTIAL in that offense? That team just lost the literal GOAT. You're desperate for running back help...so you paid a 1st for a backup running back on a team that has historically adopted a committee approach at the position because he has a high Wonderlic score? Seriously, it's not even obvious that this deal pays off for you in the event that Harris takes over as the starter. If you're desperate for help at the position then wouldn't it make more sense to use the pick to get an actual starting RB like Chris Carson, David Johnson, James Conner, David Montgomery, Todd Gurley or Le'Veon Bell? Heck some of those players you might even be able to get something added on top in exchange for 1.12.

1.12 for Harris + 3.02 isn't "failing to get every cent"...it's asking someone for change on a dollar and happily accepting two nickels. It's going to the car dealer and negotiating *UP* from the sticker price. MAYBE it'll work out, but it doesn't really make sense to overpay for you guy by *this* much because there's a scenario where his value goes up and you still lost. Harris has to absolutely kill it in order for this trade to be an actual win for you. I'm not even sure Harris is worth a 2021 3rd right now. I hope it works out for you but as of today this trade doesn't look good for you.

Sometimes you just need to walk away from a deal and shop for other players.
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat May 23, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat May 23, 2020 4:11 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:28 pm
I loved Harris coming out and I think Michel makes zero sense on that team. Coming in last year i thought Harris had the skills to do Michel and Whites role. If Michel wasn't a first round pick he would probably be a non factor on that team already.

What encourages me about Harris is his 25 wonderlic score (I thought Harris was every bit the running back prospect that Jacobs was). That's good for a running back and shows he shouldn't be hampered by a lack of understanding the offense. On top of that I like Stidhams potential in that offense. I was pretty desperate for young running back help, and I wasn't too enthused by whats available at 1.12. Maybe value wise I didn't get every cent I could, but the Harris owner already turned down some other offers to aquire him.
as a patriots fan i hope your right. Michel definitely had a bad year last year, i dont think it was all on him but he didnt make the best of his opportunities. I think the wonderlic score is about as much of a nonfactor as you can get, regardless though, i almost traded for Harris yesterday as a throw in just to make me feel better about the trade. I think you could've gotten way more value out of that pick than harris personally, he got drafted at the end of the 2nd in my league last year, and he definitely didnt do anything to justify his value going up after a red shirt season.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat May 23, 2020 5:00 pm

hoos89 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:07 pm You like Stidham's POTENTIAL in that offense? That team just lost the literal GOAT. You're desperate for running back help...so you paid a 1st for a backup running back on a team that has historically adopted a committee approach at the position because he has a high Wonderlic score? Seriously, it's not even obvious that this deal pays off for you in the event that Harris takes over as the starter. If you're desperate for help at the position then wouldn't it make more sense to use the pick to get an actual starting RB like Chris Carson, David Johnson, James Conner, David Montgomery, Todd Gurley or Le'Veon Bell? Heck some of those players you might even be able to get something added on top in exchange for 1.12.

1.12 for Harris + 3.02 isn't "failing to get every cent"...it's asking someone for change on a dollar and happily accepting two nickels. It's going to the car dealer and negotiating *UP* from the sticker price. MAYBE it'll work out, but it doesn't really make sense to overpay for you guy by *this* much because there's a scenario where his value goes up and you still lost. Harris has to absolutely kill it in order for this trade to be an actual win for you. I'm not even sure Harris is worth a 2021 3rd right now. I hope it works out for you but as of today this trade doesn't look good for you.

Sometimes you just need to walk away from a deal and shop for other players.
I mentioned the wonderlic score because I think it does play a part, especially as BB as the coach. I like his athletic profile a lot, which I said, but for extra encouragement I like that he has the brains to pick up the offense and help pick up the blitz. The top rookies will be gone by then. If BB wants to keep going with under achieving one dimensional Michel and some other backs who lack higher end athleticism, then so be it. I like the guy a lot and I like players I can get around 3.02 also.

David Montgomery? If you are using him as an example then I have to question how much you really look at a running back. I am a Bears fan and I have zero faith in him. I thought he was ridiculously overrated coming into the league, and I think Nagy's offense is horrible. It's not just Tribs, Nagy gets overwhelmed in bigger moments and calls plays with low probabilities of success way too often. The master of being too cute.

James Conner? Nah

Johnson is on my team

Gurley may be fine this year, but I don't just want a guy who is going to be fine.

Harris doesn't have to kill it. That's acting like every first round pick ends up a slam dunk.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat May 23, 2020 5:03 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:11 pm
TheNuts wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:28 pm

as a patriots fan i hope your right. Michel definitely had a bad year last year, i dont think it was all on him but he didnt make the best of his opportunities. I think the wonderlic score is about as much of a nonfactor as you can get, regardless though, i almost traded for Harris yesterday as a throw in just to make me feel better about the trade. I think you could've gotten way more value out of that pick than harris personally, he got drafted at the end of the 2nd in my league last year, and he definitely didnt do anything to justify his value going up after a red shirt season.
The wonderlic score doesn't play a huge part, but a running back's ability to understand the offense and pick up a blitz matters quite a bit to a coach like Belichik. Combine Harris' athletic profile and it creates a good player to thrive in NE at rb.

Last year I had Harris as first round talent. I will take a shot on first round guys who didn't pop the second they took the field over the rookie hysteria.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:07 pm

David Montgomery is actually a *starting* NFL running back. He's not a player I'm targeting, but he's a player I'd much, much, MUCH rather have than Damien Harris if they cost the same. Same with Conner and Gurley...you're not getting a young NFL RB with few to 0 question marks with 1.12, but all of the guys I named are better options than Harris. I'm not acting like every first round pick is a slam dunk, but by your logic we might as well just trade firsts for thirds because the firsts aren't guaranteed to hit. I'd rather trade them for guys who actually have a defined role in their respective offenses right now, not a guy whom I HOPE will become the guy sometime in the future because he has a high Wonderlic score...particularly when he's on a team where being "the guy" has somewhat questionable value.

Also, taking a chance on guys who didn't pop the second they hit the field usually means getting them for a good value, not paying *peak* value for them. That makes zero sense. It's super weird to claim that you're above rookie hysteria as logic for trading a pick that would probably turn into a WR taken in the first 45 picks of the NFL draft for a running back taken 87th overall who did pretty much nothing last season. That almost feels like rookie hysteria that you've held onto for over a year.

Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat May 23, 2020 5:43 pm

hoos89 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:07 pm David Montgomery is actually a *starting* NFL running back. He's not a player I'm targeting, but he's a player I'd much, much, MUCH rather have than Damien Harris if they cost the same. Same with Conner and Gurley...you're not getting a young NFL RB with few to 0 question marks with 1.12, but all of the guys I named are better options than Harris. I'm not acting like every first round pick is a slam dunk, but by your logic we might as well just trade firsts for thirds because the firsts aren't guaranteed to hit. I'd rather trade them for guys who actually have a defined role in their respective offenses right now, not a guy whom I HOPE will become the guy sometime in the future because he has a high Wonderlic score...particularly when he's on a team where being "the guy" has somewhat questionable value.

Also, taking a chance on guys who didn't pop the second they hit the field usually means getting them for a good value, not paying *peak* value for them. That makes zero sense. It's super weird to claim that you're above rookie hysteria as logic for trading a pick that would probably turn into a WR taken in the first 45 picks of the NFL draft for a running back taken 87th overall who did pretty much nothing last season. That almost feels like rookie hysteria that you've held onto for over a year.
i dont even care who went 1-11, i'd rather have the prospects being taken through like middle of the 3rd than Harris. I would just about guarantee he couldve gotten harris for at least a 2nd.

Im honestly surprised that this didnt raise a stink in this league. Depending on the circumstances the value is bad enough to be suspicious of collusion
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:49 pm

It takes significantly more value than a late 1st for me to suspect collusion...would have to be a repeated thing to even really be suspicious to me.

Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat May 23, 2020 6:16 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:43 pm
hoos89 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:07 pm David Montgomery is actually a *starting* NFL running back. He's not a player I'm targeting, but he's a player I'd much, much, MUCH rather have than Damien Harris if they cost the same. Same with Conner and Gurley...you're not getting a young NFL RB with few to 0 question marks with 1.12, but all of the guys I named are better options than Harris. I'm not acting like every first round pick is a slam dunk, but by your logic we might as well just trade firsts for thirds because the firsts aren't guaranteed to hit. I'd rather trade them for guys who actually have a defined role in their respective offenses right now, not a guy whom I HOPE will become the guy sometime in the future because he has a high Wonderlic score...particularly when he's on a team where being "the guy" has somewhat questionable value.

i dont even care who went 1-11, i'd rather have the prospects being taken through like middle of the 3rd than Harris. I would just about guarantee he couldve gotten harris for at least a 2nd.

Im honestly surprised that this didnt raise a stink in this league. Depending on the circumstances the value is bad enough to be suspicious of collusion
I wouldn't have done this trade... but is there really such a massive difference between Jefferson (the 1.12 in a lot of my SF leagues) and whatever tier 2 WR falls to the 3.2 Aiyuk? Shenault? Edwards? If the guy believes in Harris that much it could still work out for him.

Again, not a smart trade by any means. But it's far from collusion worthy.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat May 23, 2020 6:19 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:16 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:43 pm

I wouldn't have done this trade... but is there really such a massive difference between Jefferson (the 1.12 in a lot of my SF leagues) and whatever tier 2 WR falls to the 3.2 Aiyuk? Shenault? Edwards? If the guy believes in Harris that much it could still work out for him.

a 3rd round rb that comes off a redshirt year in a not so favorable organization goin for a first? again like i said it depends on the circumstances but it'd definitely raise my eyebrows
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:06 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Aiyuk and Shenault aren't hitting 3.2. Heck Edwards has more like mid-late 2nd ADP. More like Lynn Bowden or Anthony McFarland. As opposed to a wide receiver taken in the FIRST ROUND of the NFL draft. That said, I agree there's no way this trade sniffs of collusion unless the owners have been involved in several other trades that seemed to funnel value in one direction.

Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Kelce, Dissly, Hooper