Singletary v Pittman

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Team 1

Singletary
47%
Pittman
53%

Total votes: 17

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Singletary v Pittman

Postby Adam_172 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:13 pm

Team 1. Ive been offered Singletary for my Pittman.

Couple of unknowns this year at RB for me with Bell and KJ. Is it worth taking a punt on Singletary or hold Pittman here?
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Singletary v Pittman

Postby Adam_172 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:16 pm

The offer is actually Singletary for my Pittman + Ogunbowale (if his inclusion makes any difference)
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue May 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Singletary for me.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Thu May 21, 2020 4:57 pm

Singletary for me. I think people are expecting Moss to have a bigger role than he will.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:57 pm Singletary for me. I think people are expecting Moss to have a bigger role than he will.
Same draft capital and analytically graded out as a better prospect.
If anything people are downplaying Moss’s role

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm
jjleurquin wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:57 pm Singletary for me. I think people are expecting Moss to have a bigger role than he will.
I don't know I just don't see someone who's 5'9 and a power back being that effective at the NFL level. We can agree to disagree though. in rookie drafts you're seeing him being picked at the same time as Dillon, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me considering Dillon is better in every aspect. I'm interested in what you might think justifies him being selected over Dillon or even in the same area as Dillon.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 22, 2020 5:15 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm
I don't know I just don't see someone who's 5'9 and a power back being that effective at the NFL level. We can agree to disagree though. in rookie drafts you're seeing him being picked at the same time as Dillon, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me considering Dillon is better in every aspect. I'm interested in what you might think justifies him being selected over Dillon or even in the same area as Dillon.
Would probably lean Dillon over him, but I see it being close because of pass catching potential. In standard yes Dillon should be going ahead of him by 5 picks or so, but otherwise I won’t dispute someone putting Moss ahead. Packers direction is hard to tell. If they want to become an old school ground and pound team like the Titans post Rodgers then yes Dillon is a great value; but otherwise he is just a good value because he will always have a third down back complementing him.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:15 pm

Would probably lean Dillon over him, but I see it being close because of pass catching potential. In standard yes Dillon should be going ahead of him by 5 picks or so, but otherwise I won’t dispute someone putting Moss ahead. Packers direction is hard to tell. If they want to become an old school ground and pound team like the Titans post Rodgers then yes Dillon is a great value; but otherwise he is just a good value because he will always have a third down back complementing him.
I didn't know Moss was a good pass catching back. that gives him more value, I still don't see him being more than a situational guy but I could be wrong. I just think if Singletary gets hurt Yeldon will take over his role, and in the future someone else will always be in sharing the backfield with Moss.

I think Dillon has a chance to be the main guy in the offense next season if they don't resign Jones. I'm a Packers fan so I can tell you he will more than likely pass Williams up by opening day this year. Williams is a good person, but he just hasn't shown more than a spark here or there that he belongs at this level.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 22, 2020 8:53 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm

I didn't know Moss was a good pass catching back. that gives him more value, I still don't see him being more than a situational guy but I could be wrong. I just think if Singletary gets hurt Yeldon will take over his role, and in the future someone else will always be in sharing the backfield with Moss.

I think Dillon has a chance to be the main guy in the offense next season if they don't resign Jones. I'm a Packers fan so I can tell you he will more than likely pass Williams up by opening day this year. Williams is a good person, but he just hasn't shown more than a spark here or there that he belongs at this level.
On Moss: I agree he is unlikely to be a workhorse back but I doubt Yeldon would step in for Singletary in case of injury. With Singletary out I see Moss as a solid RB2, though I doubt he will ever dominate his own backfield besides injury. He was drafted as a complement IMO and he will be good in that role I think.

With Dillon: Like I said, I think it depends on the direction the Packers go. I don't have anything against them (Brett Favre is actually my favorite non-Chief of all time and they were my 2nd favorite team when he played) but their record actually irritated me last year when I watched them play and saw a slightly above average team. I honestly think Lafleur and Gutekunst recognized that and want a more run heavy offense in the future--almost like the Niners (already said the Titans earlier). If so, I agree Dillon could have massive, Derrick Henry-like potential. If not and this is just planning a similar offense post Rodgers, then I still see Dillon as a good value in rookie drafts, but he will likely have a pass catching back join him in the backfield next year with Jones gone

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Fri May 22, 2020 10:15 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:53 pm

On Moss: I agree he is unlikely to be a workhorse back but I doubt Yeldon would step in for Singletary in case of injury. With Singletary out I see Moss as a solid RB2, though I doubt he will ever dominate his own backfield besides injury. He was drafted as a complement IMO and he will be good in that role I think.

With Dillon: Like I said, I think it depends on the direction the Packers go. I don't have anything against them (Brett Favre is actually my favorite non-Chief of all time and they were my 2nd favorite team when he played) but their record actually irritated me last year when I watched them play and saw a slightly above average team. I honestly think Lafleur and Gutekunst recognized that and want a more run heavy offense in the future--almost like the Niners (already said the Titans earlier). If so, I agree Dillon could have massive, Derrick Henry-like potential. If not and this is just planning a similar offense post Rodgers, then I still see Dillon as a good value in rookie drafts, but he will likely have a pass catching back join him in the backfield next year with Jones gone
Oh the Packers were definitely not as good as their record. they've had plenty of 10-6 teams that would've beat last years team. they got a lot of close W's. I'd have them at 9 or 10 wins normally with the squad they had last year, sometimes things just go your way. The 15-1 Panthers that made it to the superbowl would be in that same category. The Chiefs should be interesting to watch them defend the title this year though. Hardman entering second year add CEH, that offense was scary enough already.

I like your take on Moss though, I didn't know he was a pass catcher. That's why i like talking on forums like these. Sometimes someone has a different viewpoint that can help you see the full range of possibilities. :D

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 22, 2020 10:54 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:15 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Oh the Packers were definitely not as good as their record. they've had plenty of 10-6 teams that would've beat last years team. they got a lot of close W's. I'd have them at 9 or 10 wins normally with the squad they had last year, sometimes things just go your way. The 15-1 Panthers that made it to the superbowl would be in that same category. The Chiefs should be interesting to watch them defend the title this year though. Hardman entering second year add CEH, that offense was scary enough already.

I like your take on Moss though, I didn't know he was a pass catcher. That's why i like talking on forums like these. Sometimes someone has a different viewpoint that can help you see the full range of possibilities. :D
He isn't exactly a pass catcher though, but capable. David Montgomery like. Good at dump offs/screens but not fast/elusive enough to run routes out of the backfield like CEH

The 15-1 Panthers team you are talking about--I was sure they were paper tigers...until they annihilated Arizona in the NFCCG. At that point I was convinced they were unstoppable. Was so pissed they let old man Peyton and the Donkeys beat them. I really do believe they were a great team--just picked the wrong game to come in complacent and had an opponent capable of exploiting their weaknesses

It's interesting because last year the only team I was confident the Chiefs would beat was the Texans (happened but not without fear)
I couldn't imagine Bill O Brien beating post bye week Andy and Mahomes in Arrowhead.
Besides that, I went to the Arrowhead for the AFCCG fully expecting to head home disappointed after seeing the Titans win. Years of watching playoff ineptitude had taught me to expect that. Fully expected to lose the Super Bowl and bracing for a diet version of a 43-8 style beatdown
This year I am actually really confident and believe we will repeat--as difficult as that is.

As for the Packers, I think people will regret mocking Love in a few years. I think our GM Veach said that the phones were busy with teams calling to trade up into the first until the Packers took Love. His senior season numbers don't include that he lost his entire supporting cast. I had him solidly at QB3 way over Herbert. Just think the selection may have come a year before it was due; but in the end, if he is what I and many others think he can be, no one will care. And personally, I've never liked Rodgers. Maybe just because he isn't Favre or something else.

Back to the question, for the aforementioned reasons I see a near split with Singletary and Moss; enough for both to be FLEX and maybe low end RB2 plays due to how much the Bills run and (I assume) getting Josh Allen to preserve himself more long term, but Pittman fits the prototype of a target Rivers loves with his polished routes, reliable hands and contested catch ability, and plays with a competent enough organization for me to not fear what comes at QB post Rivers. Real shot to seize the mantle of WR1 from TY in a year or two with how much Hilton gets hurt and the possibility of a speed WR not aging well with that damage.
Even with positional scarcity: Pittman over Singletary for me

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Sat May 23, 2020 3:59 am

I like Pittman and I think WRs are always better longterm than RBs, just based on how long their careers last. That being said Singletary is clearly the choice for a team winning now. Last year was an odd year for rookie WRs. Usually it takes a year or two for receivers to adjust to the NFL.

Personally I find it hard to believe that a guy who averaged over 5 yards per carry is going to be in a 50/50 split. Moss was a 3rd round pick, but the Bills didn't really have a lot of holes and RBs do get hurt a lot. I'd expect something like 70/30.