How make a serious offer for CMC?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: How make a serious offer for CMC?

Postby MFundercover » Wed May 20, 2020 12:56 am

jmajewski wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:59 pm I honestly can't believe how tolerant everyone has been of OP's BS. Credit to the community.

And I'm not entirely sure that OP isn't a troll, but, if so, you got me OP.

OP, all of the answers you need are already in this thread, but I'll hit some highlights:

Get over yourself;

Sell high, and buy low;

You have to overpay to get the uberstuds, and, since you are starting from the position of being completely unwilling to overpay, don't bother making an offer;

How you value players is totally irrelevant to the question of whether your offer is serious or legitimate. What IS relevant to that question is how other people value the players in the deal, which leads to the next point;

The community is giving you their subjective opinions, which you've asked for, and which are supremely valuable in crafting a trade, so stop telling people their opinions are "dumb." Plus, if any opinion in this thread is "dumb," it's your opinion that Jones is in the elite tier of RBs, and that's coming from a Jones owner;

Just because you disagree with it does not mean that Chark > Jones is a hot take. You act like they are separated by 100 spots in all rankings. It's more like 10 spots from what I've seen;

Be consistent with your valuations. You've alternatively valued Chark as easily replaceable and a total deal breaker. And, going back to the overpay point, if you aren't willing to overpay by one easily replaceable, low-ceiling Minshew (note the "s" in the name) possession receiver to get CMC, you're not going to get CMC, and it's absurd that you think that you could.
But Chark isn't a buy low. His potential ceiling is capped for reasons already mentioned in this thread. Literally nobody on the internet ranks Chark higher than Jones. There isnt 1 ranking, and no other forum has said that. It's not just my opinion, nobody agrees with you. Stop it.

Just because I said Chark is easily replaceable doesnt mean he is viable for fantasy. There are a lot of players who can put up around the same numbers that he will. By the time Aaron Jones career is finished he will be a late 20 something wr 2 which are always a dime a dozen. Hell be worth a 2nd round d pick by then, so I would prefer taking Jones upside for now. I just wouldn't make the deal without getting a startable receiver in return, but I understand CMC probably requires an overpay. I never argued that so stop it.
Last edited by MFundercover on Wed May 20, 2020 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed May 20, 2020 1:01 am

dirkey wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 am
jmajewski wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:59 pm I honestly can't believe how tolerant everyone has been of OP's BS. Credit to the community.

OP, all of the answers you need are already in this thread, but I'll hit some highlights:

Get over yourself;

Sell high, and buy low;

You have to overpay to get the uberstuds, and, since you are starting from the position of being completely unwilling to overpay, don't bother making an offer;

How you value players is totally irrelevant to the question of whether your offer is serious or legitimate. What IS relevant to that question is how other people value the players in the deal, which leads to the next point;

The community is giving you their subjective opinions, which you've asked for, and which are supremely valuable in crafting a trade, so stop telling people their opinions are "dumb." Plus, if any opinion in this thread is "dumb," it's your opinion that Jones is in the elite tier of RBs, and that's coming from a Jones owner;

Just because you disagree with it does not mean that Chark > Jones is a hot take. You act like they are separated by 100 spots in all rankings. It's more like 10 spots from what I've seen;

Be consistent with your valuations. You've alternatively valued Chark as easily replaceable and a total deal breaker. And, going back to the overpay point, if you aren't willing to overpay by one easily replaceable, low-ceiling Minshew (note the "s" in the name) possession receiver to get CMC, you're not going to get CMC, and it's absurd that you think that you could.
Nailed it. Fabulous post.
Dumbest thing I ever heard. Not one argument has been made for Chark > Jones, because no serious person thinks that.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 20, 2020 5:48 am

MFundercover wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:01 am

Get over yourself;

Sell high, and buy low;

Dumbest thing I ever heard. Not one argument hasw been made for Chark > Jones, because no serious person thinks that.
And next year, Chark could be Lawrences’s WR1 for the extended future while Jones is stuck in a RBBC. What would your position be on their relative value in dynasty leagues then, because that’s a reasonable scenario.

That’s beside the point though. You’ve created this Jones vs Chark strawman because you simply don’t want to listen to people who are giving you advice that you don’t want to hear, which is that you are putting forth an offer for CMC that is not reasonable, and if you really want to make the deal happen that you’re going to have to make a better offer - which in quite a few cases means removing Chark from the initial offer. CMC is the most valuable asset in FF right now, and you’re going to have to overpay if you want to acquire him, which you have no intention of doing. Instead, you expect - seriously expect - the other owner to give you more value in the exchange than what you are offering, which is underpaying.

Then to deflect from this when people here consistently tell you this over and over, you instead veer off into the Jones vs Chark strawman, or thump your chest about how great you are at FF, or tell people how stupid they are. If you value people’s advice, this is not the way to get people to help you. If you don’t value their advice, then what are you doing posting here in the first place? To troll people or feed your own ego?

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed May 20, 2020 6:00 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:48 am
Dumbest thing I ever heard. Not one argument hasw been made for Chark > Jones, because no serious person thinks that.
And next year, Chark could be Lawrences’s WR1 for the extended future while Jones is stuck in a RBBC. What would your position be on their relative value in dynasty leagues then, because that’s a reasonable scenario.

That’s beside the point though. You’ve created this Jones vs Chark strawman because you simply don’t want to listen to people who are giving you advice that you don’t want to hear, which is that you are putting forth an offer for CMC that is not reasonable, and if you really want to make the deal happen that you’re going to have to make a better offer - which in quite a few cases means removing Chark from the initial offer. CMC is the most valuable asset in FF right now, and you’re going to have to overpay if you want to acquire him, which you have no intention of doing. Instead, you expect - seriously expect - the other owner to give you more value in the exchange than what you are offering, which is underpaying.

Then to deflect from this when people here consistently tell you this over and over, you instead veer off into the Jones vs Chark strawman, or thump your chest about how great you are at FF, or tell people how stupid they are. If you value people’s advice, this is not the way to get people to help you. If you don’t value their advice, then what are you doing posting here in the first place? To troll people or feed your own ego?
Dude shut up. It has nothing to do with that. I was on the fence on whether or not it was enough for CMC. Seriously, stop with the Dr. Phil routine.

Chark being Trevor Lawrence's 1 and Jones being buried by GMs and coaches is a looooong shot. I'd make a straight up bet that doesn't happen.

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Wed May 20, 2020 6:56 am

MFundercover wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:00 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:48 am

Dude shut up. It has nothing to do with that. I was on the fence on whether or not it was enough for CMC. Seriously, stop with the Dr. Phil routine.

Chark being Trevor Lawrence's 1 and Jones being buried by GMs and coaches is a looooong shot. I'd make a straight up bet that doesn't happen.
Please show other posters some respect. Telling people to shut up, calling us idiots and morons just because people don't agree with you is not on. It demonstrates immature petulance rather than intelligent reasoned debate.

I think you are on a wind up but if not I suggest you calm down and accept your opinion is not the only one that carries weight.

This is a terrific helpful community but we need show each other a level of respect.

Thanks.

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Wed May 20, 2020 10:27 am

Well said @megager :thumbup:
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.