Juju or DJ Moore

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Juju or DJ Moore

Postby never_punts » Sun May 10, 2020 7:15 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:05 am Man, I wonder if I would make the swap if I had the chance from Juju to DJM, but only due to the risk involved with Juju. Everyone really is forgetting the season that Hopkins had with Oz. He lost value, etc, and there was a buy low window and then he was untouchable again.

((Extrapolation coming(cringe)) In the first 2 games with Ben last year Juju was on track for 88 receptions for 1296 yards. (Still cringing as I await the anti extrapolation committee) Yes I know that's not a great gauge, but he has had 2 seasons before that one as well. So maybe there is enough work behind those two games to feel a bit more comfortable.

Do I think he is the next Jerry Rice? No. But it's really close between he and DJM and I still very slightly lean Juju.

Juju's new risk is that Ben IS washed up, they don't have a plan for the future(Cam this season if Ben is injured) and Juju has a couple squandered years coming up.
I'm all in on the JuJu ride. I'd never be able to get the upside he has in a trade in my league so he's a hold for me for now. Obviously, as you said, there are a lot of variables impacting his value that are out of control, but I'm all about talent over situation and there aren't 15 more talented wrs in the NFL right now. For 2020, if Ben comes back in any capacity the floor is legitimately 60+/1000+ and I don't know of another wildcard that has that floor.
Team #1: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 4pt Pass - IDP
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX | DL, LB, DB
The Moore the Murray-er (2022 Champ 8-) )
QB: Burrow - Lamar - Kyler
RB: Ekeler - Saquon - Gainwell
WR: Amon Ra - Hopkins - Godwin - K.Allen- QJ - Hollywood - Diontae - Shaheed- Wandale - Woods
TE: Kelce - Engram - Ferg - Chig
DL: Hunter | LB: Okereke | DB: Bynum
'24 Picks: Late 1st, Early 2nd, Late 2nd

Team #2: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 6pt Pass - TE Prem
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX
Team #2 (0-0)
QB: Murray - Allen - Winston
RB: Cook - Saquon - Mattison - Hull
WR: Diontae - Tyreek - Lockett - Higgins - Chark - TMJ - Kirk - Dell
TE: Ertz - Engram - Mayer
'24 Picks: My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

Vick2Crumpler87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Vick2Crumpler87 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:50 pm

JuJu for me. Feel like Moore is being massively overrated right now and I am not a Teddy believer
12 Team SF PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SFLEX-1K-1DB-1DL-1LB (TE 1.5 ppr)
2018 Runner up, 2019 champion 2020 champion

QB - Matty Ice, K. Cousins, G. Minshew, J. Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, J. Robinson, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. White
WR - Julio, Nuk, JuJu, C. Ridley, Tyrell, KJ Hamler, K. Cole, J. Meyers, C. Johnson, V. Jefferson
TE - Z Ertz, T. Higbee, B. Jarwin, L. Thomas
K - T. Bass
DB - J. Chinn
DL - Chandler Jones, H. Reddick
LB - D. Leonard

10 Team PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-2RB/WR/TE-1K-1DST
2018 Runner up, 2019 3rd place, 2020 Runner up

QB - Matty Ice, Big Ben, Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, M. Gordon, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. Williams
WR - Julio, Nuk, C. Ridley, AJ Brown, A. Cooper, JuJu, TY Hilton, N. Harry, KJ Hamler, S. Miller, D. Peoples-Jones, V. Jefferson
TE - D. Waller, Z. Ertz, B. Jarwin
K - R. Blankenship
DST - Bucs

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri May 15, 2020 10:44 am

CGW wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:10 am
grandmabetty wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:58 am DJ MOORE is the GOAT
Hopefully there's a bit of sarcasm here. He wasn't even the GOLY (greatest of last year).
My sarcasm is more of a comment on how oemverrated and overhyped this guy is right now. Yes I am bitter because I traded him last year in a deal for Elliot before he was considered untouchable. And I get the hype - young player, great metrics, all the intangibles, awesome season last year, skies the limit blah blah blah but I can't remember the last time there was unanimous slobbering over a player like this. I think the last time may have been juju now that I think of it..... :lol:

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:51 am

Lot of excuses being made for JuJu. The JuJu people realize that DJM's QBs last year were the Kyle Allen, Will Grier and the corpse of Cam Newton right? And yet he still put up 1,200 scrimmage yards as a 22 year old sophomore and as the team's WR1. JuJu's big season came with Roethlisberger at QB and one of the best WRs of all time drawing double coverage. And JuJu's season last year was actually awful...he wasn't even a WR5 (42/552/3). The comparison to Nuk's 2016 is kind of terrible considering that Nuk at least still had a WR3 season (78/954/4). Even if it's true that JuJu's QB play was significantly worse than DJM's also bad QB play, I really don't think that overcomes the *massive* gap in their 2019 production.

We've never seen JuJu perform as the WR1 or with bad QB play. We've seen DJM do both at the same time.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 15, 2020 11:02 am

hoos89 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:51 am Lot of excuses being made for JuJu. The JuJu people realize that DJM's QBs last year were the Kyle Allen, Will Grier and the corpse of Cam Newton right? And yet he still put up 1,200 scrimmage yards as a 22 year old sophomore and as the team's WR1. JuJu's big season came with Roethlisberger at QB and one of the best WRs of all time drawing double coverage. And JuJu's season last year was actually awful (42/552/3). The comparison to Nuk's 2016 is kind of terrible considering that Nuk at least still had an okay season (78/954/4). Even if it's true that JuJu's QB play was significantly worse than DJM's also bad QB play, I really don't think that overcomes the *massive* gap in their 2019 production.

We've never seen JuJu perform as the WR1 or with bad QB play. We've seen DJM do both at the same time.
So much this. It's ridiculous to me, especially considering a third round rookie on Juju's own team outperformed him and how many youngish WR1/2s at least performed respectably last year with bad QB play (Sutton, Allen Robinson, Moore, Golladay) while Juju was finishing in the 60s among WRs

This is Moore easily to me, and I don't own either

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri May 15, 2020 12:24 pm

maybe one day DJ Moore can have as good of a season as juju

2018 - 111 catches, 1426 yards, 8 TDs (one rushing)

Moore for his 2 years in the league has a whopping 6 total tds.

To the original poster I think its a coin flip as to which one I'd want if I plan to keep. Since I trade a lot ill take DJ right now cause as mentioned the hype is out of control and you can get a lot in return for him

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:27 pm

Last I checked, JuJu isn't going to be operating in AB's shadow again anytime soon and you don't get credit for past production.

maybe one day JuJu can have as good of a season operating as his team's WR1 as DJ Moore
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 15, 2020 1:28 pm

People saying not close are making it seem like this is a debate between Michael Thomas and N'Keal Harry...

The Showstopper
Role Player
Role Player

Postby The Showstopper » Sun May 17, 2020 9:12 am

I’m gonna go Thomas over Harry...

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:06 pm

:whistle:

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:35 pm

NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! That's just crazy talk. EVEN but I like JuJu more still.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Vick2Crumpler87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Vick2Crumpler87 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:39 pm

It was JuJu then and it's still JuJu now
12 Team SF PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SFLEX-1K-1DB-1DL-1LB (TE 1.5 ppr)
2018 Runner up, 2019 champion 2020 champion

QB - Matty Ice, K. Cousins, G. Minshew, J. Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, J. Robinson, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. White
WR - Julio, Nuk, JuJu, C. Ridley, Tyrell, KJ Hamler, K. Cole, J. Meyers, C. Johnson, V. Jefferson
TE - Z Ertz, T. Higbee, B. Jarwin, L. Thomas
K - T. Bass
DB - J. Chinn
DL - Chandler Jones, H. Reddick
LB - D. Leonard

10 Team PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-2RB/WR/TE-1K-1DST
2018 Runner up, 2019 3rd place, 2020 Runner up

QB - Matty Ice, Big Ben, Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, M. Gordon, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. Williams
WR - Julio, Nuk, C. Ridley, AJ Brown, A. Cooper, JuJu, TY Hilton, N. Harry, KJ Hamler, S. Miller, D. Peoples-Jones, V. Jefferson
TE - D. Waller, Z. Ertz, B. Jarwin
K - R. Blankenship
DST - Bucs

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:44 pm

DJM then and DJM still

MichaelScarn
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MichaelScarn » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:25 pm

I was offered DJ Moore for JuJu before the game tonight straight up, standard scoring. I couldn't pull the trigger..
10 Team SuperFlex PPR
QB: Herbert/Cousins/Fitz/Z Wilson
RB: Barkley/Dobbins/Gibson/Dillon/Etienne/Edmonds/Michel/Lindsay/Kelley/T Jones/Evans/Hyde
WR: Robinson/Moore/Sutton/Boyd/Gallup/Slayton/Harry//R Moore/Eskridge/A St. Brown/Collins
TE: Goedert/Thomas/Njoku/Pitts

10 Team Standard
QB: Herbert/Hurts
RB: A Jones/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette/McKissic/Snell
WR: Hill/Hopkins/Evans/JuJu/Thielen/Parker/Shenault/Hamler/Edwards/D Smith/E Moore
TE: Fant/Goedert/Ertz/Howard

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:26 am

1 game doesnt change it for me. Still Moore over JuJu
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06