The Deepest Sleepers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Aldonall
Rookie
Rookie

The Deepest Sleepers

Postby Aldonall » Tue May 12, 2020 10:00 pm

Let’s talk about some of those guys you take in the 5th round if your rookie draft. 30th of your startup. The one in a million diamonds in the rough.

A couple on my list:

Salvon Ahmed
James Robinson
Quez Watkins
10 Team League: 2 QB 2 RB 3 WR 2 Flex, 0.5 PPR:

QB: Mahomes, Allen, Minshew
RB: Barkley, Kamara, Akers, Jones
WR: AJB, Chase, Evans, Cooks Juju, Mooney, Davis, Rondale, Marshall Jr.
TE: Pitts, Engram

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: The Deepest Sleepers

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue May 12, 2020 10:09 pm

One of San Francisco's rookie RBs: either Salvon Ahmed or JaMychal Hasty. If a UDFA is taking over any backfield, it's that one

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Wed May 13, 2020 5:54 am

Eno Benjamin (AZ)
St. Brown (GB)
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed May 13, 2020 10:39 am

I took James Robinson at 4.07 in my rookie draft (in sig) I talked about his measurable's and such on the "Names we're not talking about" thread, then had to take him in he 4th. I think he's got a ways to go to be relevant, but he should see the field a little bit this season.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 13, 2020 12:24 pm

I picked up James Morgan in the 7th round. I’m not a Darnold fan and don’t think he ever is more than a 3400 yds/22 TDs/15 INTs type guy. However, I think he’s still got quite a bit of leash to work with, meaning if Morgan can refine his game that he could surprise, because NY isn’t going to invest more than the Fales/White type of backups while they suffer through Darnold. That could springboard Morgan into some opportunity, because I think he’s got superior skills and “it” to Darnold. If he can learn to start putting some touch on passes and feather some balls in, watch out for this kid. He’s the kind of player that his teammates will run through a brick wall for - he has some Favre and some Roethlisberger in him.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:55 pm

J.J. Taylor. I’m 95% sure he’s too little to succeed at the NFL level. But...as an end of the bench long shot I’ll take the 5% chance he’s not. If anyone can figure out how to make him relevant it would be Belichick, so the spot is not bad.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed May 13, 2020 1:16 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:09 pm One of San Francisco's rookie RBs: either Salvon Ahmed or JaMychal Hasty. If a UDFA is taking over any backfield, it's that one
Bit of a homer but im really excited to see what Ahmed can do in the league. dude is very explosive

sugbear65 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:55 pm J.J. Taylor. I’m 95% sure he’s too little to succeed at the NFL level. But...as an end of the bench long shot I’ll take the 5% chance he’s not. If anyone can figure out how to make him relevant it would be Belichick, so the spot is not bad.
unfortunately i think NE RB room is a little crowded rn and he'll probably be a practice squad guy. Michel and White are the obvious starters and they still have Harris, who was a 3rd round pick. but def a deep stash, i just dont see him finding success in NE
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed May 13, 2020 3:15 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:16 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:09 pm One of San Francisco's rookie RBs: either Salvon Ahmed or JaMychal Hasty. If a UDFA is taking over any backfield, it's that one
Bit of a homer but im really excited to see what Ahmed can do in the league. dude is very explosive

sugbear65 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:55 pm J.J. Taylor. I’m 95% sure he’s too little to succeed at the NFL level. But...as an end of the bench long shot I’ll take the 5% chance he’s not. If anyone can figure out how to make him relevant it would be Belichick, so the spot is not bad.
unfortunately i think NE RB room is a little crowded rn and he'll probably be a practice squad guy. Michel and White are the obvious starters and they still have Harris, who was a 3rd round pick. but def a deep stash, i just dont see him finding success in NE
Still got Burkhead and Bolden (who has established himself on special teams.) as well.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 am

I think that a lot of the deepest sleepers could come from the 2020 TE class. Maybe not in 2020 - but in 2021 there are several names, and not "known" ones like Thaddeus Moss, that could easily be solid contributors and thus bargain selections today.

A couple of names I have seen the hype rise on are:

Josiah Deguara
Colby Parkinson
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat May 23, 2020 2:40 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 am I think that a lot of the deepest sleepers could come from the 2020 TE class. Maybe not in 2020 - but in 2021 there are several names, and not "known" ones like Thaddeus Moss, that could easily be solid contributors and thus bargain selections today.

Josiah Deguara
Colby Parkinson
Parkinson is possible. I don't see it for Deguara though. I thought they drafted him to be a fullback.
My favorite sleeper from this class is Dalton Keene. Incredible athletic profile and being pigeonholed as a blocker without much production strikes shades of Kittle.
I prefer him over Asiasi

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sat May 23, 2020 4:05 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 am I think that a lot of the deepest sleepers could come from the 2020 TE class. Maybe not in 2020 - but in 2021 there are several names, and not "known" ones like Thaddeus Moss, that could easily be solid contributors and thus bargain selections today.

Josiah Deguara
Colby Parkinson
i kind of agree, i actually really like alot of the TE's in this class, i think the position is being well overlooked
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Josiah Deguara
Colby Parkinson
i kind of agree, i actually really like alot of the TE's in this class, i think the position is being well overlooked
What do you guys think about Brycen Hopkins? Think he’s got a chance at fantasy relevance if Everett walks next year?
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert
RB- Antonio Gibson Ty Johnson, David Johnson Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Cordarelle Patterson,
TE- Hockeson, , Jonnu Smith, Firkser, Logan Thomas

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat May 23, 2020 4:49 pm

Easy Breesy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Josiah Deguara
Colby Parkinson
What do you guys think about Brycen Hopkins? Think he’s got a chance at fantasy relevance if Everett walks next year?
His blocking was not great. He could become decent, but he’ll take some time. I like him more than Parkinson & Deguara though.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun May 24, 2020 9:51 am

Yeah I prefer Hopkins to Deguara for sure. I think the Rams may have gotten Hopkins to replace Higbee (easy out after 2020 and very highly paid for for a TE with limited experience) more than Everett but that is possibly my personal preference talking.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:01 pm

Jeff Thomas - NE. Sounds like he’s doing well so far and he has a huge amount of talent. He’s prioritized other parts of his life over football in the past and got booted off Miami for just disappearing, but was brought back after Richt was fired. He’s arguably the most agile receiver in this class, is surprisingly strong for his small stature and has the hands to make highlight reel catches.

K - Just a stupid kicker