Trade help

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
bot
All Pro
All Pro

Trade help

Postby bot » Tue May 12, 2020 6:19 am

1 QB league that is moving to SF in 2023. IDP scoring isn't super heavy, Hunter had 195 as DL1 and Buckner had 153 as DL12 for a little context. Must start 3 DL, 3 LB and 3 DB. I am the defending champ with a strong roster overall to make another good run this year with guys like Barkley, Mixon, Miles Sanders, CEH, Godwin, ARob, Deebo, Kittle as a nucleus.

I currently have Hunter, J Bosa, Young, Chris Jones and Dunlap with guys like Sweat, Barnett, Winovich and Chiasson. I also have Watson as my QB1 with Daniel Jones and Herbert.

Guy offered me Kyler for D Jones, Herbert and Bosa/Young. I am really on the fence. I like the skill and youth I have for my starting DL and since we aren't switching to SF for 3 more years I would have Kyler sitting on my bench for half of that time as I play the matchups with him and Watson. Even when we switch to SF, I usually play that format as more of a streamer at my QB2 since I try and be deep at WR and RB so I can always flex a good play there if need be.

Would you do this deal or just keep my three pieces? And try and keep a competitive advantage over my leaguemates at DL?

umbrellaacademy2019
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Trade help

Postby umbrellaacademy2019 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:47 am

I would not make that trade- to me that is too much for Kyler. I'd rather have the depth then give up 2 potential long term starters and an elite talent at DL. Especially that its not a SF for 3 more years

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Tue May 12, 2020 9:03 am

umbrellaacademy2019 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:47 am I would not make that trade- to me that is too much for Kyler. I'd rather have the depth then give up 2 potential long term starters and an elite talent at DL. Especially that its not a SF for 3 more years
This is what my gut was kind of telling me, even though I know having both Watson and Kyler would be a luxury in a few years. I just really love being strong at DL and find it can give me a good weekly advantage especially those weeks where Bosa, Hunter and Young total 5-6 sacks.

umbrellaacademy2019
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby umbrellaacademy2019 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:49 am

A QB duo of Watson and Kyler would be absolutely nasty but in the short term I think that would hurt you more than it would help. Herbert has the weapons to be a solid fantasy producer and Jones should improve. Unless Watson goes down, you wont ever be playing them besides a bye week.