Official/Final 2020 Rookie RB Ranks

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Official/Final 2020 Rookie RB Ranks

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu May 07, 2020 6:55 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:47 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:44 pm Mike has confirmed that some of his bolder takes and chest thumping were meant to gather attention.

The reality is that a lot of celebrities nowadays gain their positions through flash, not substance. And to a certain extent, that is what's happened with Mike. He got noticed and has benefitted from his approach. However, this approach is a double-edged sword, especially when dealing with discerning dynasty managers. And I fear that in the long run he may have done himself more harm than good, as many of us seek honest/objective analysis, and do not tolerate grandstanding or personal agendas, especially from "media" types who some of us hold to a higher standard.

If Mike was just a DLF poster, he can say and do whatever the heck he wants, based on any motivation or agenda. Look at me, I spout all types of crap and sometimes for entirely selfish reasons. I am also just a private poster.

Once you become a mod or writer for an established website that purports to be a reliable and quality source for dynasty news and analysis, then I think a person has to comport themselves with that higher standard.
:clap:
100%. DLF is absolutely the industry standard. This mix of hollow chest thumping and craven changes with each criticism doesn’t fit with the rest of a fantastic brand.

Can you imagine Ryan McDowell immediately recanting his ranking of a player based on a negative reaction? Or Matt Price claiming a near 100% hit rate?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Thu May 07, 2020 7:37 pm

^Man you are one annoying heckler. Don’t you have something else to do other than having a hard on for this guy. It gets old, we got your point months ago

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu May 07, 2020 7:44 pm

spotxc wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:37 pm ^Man you are one annoying heckler. Don’t you have something else to do other than having a hard on for this guy. It gets old, we got your point months ago
lol always nice to meet a fan :thumbup:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu May 07, 2020 7:46 pm

Let's focus more on the topic, and less about DLF_Mikeh. Thanks :thumbup:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu May 07, 2020 7:51 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:46 pm Let's focus more on the topic, and less about DLF_Mikeh. Thanks :thumbup:
Serious question- is the topic not his RB ranking?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:10 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:46 pm Let's focus more on the topic, and less about DLF_Mikeh. Thanks :thumbup:
DLF_Mikeh and his RB Rankings IS the topic.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu May 07, 2020 8:56 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:10 pm
DLF_Mikeh and his RB Rankings IS the topic.
Yes, his rankings; but this thread is veering towards character critique and career advice.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:52 pm

I was all for the round rankings, but now these guys are all 3-10 year players? Sounds like a massive hedge...

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu May 07, 2020 10:09 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:52 pm I was all for the round rankings, but now these guys are all 3-10 year players? Sounds like a massive hedge...
Three OR ten is how I wanted that to read. Maybe I should edit that.

It's pretty much on par with what I've always done, I'm just trying to be more expressive this time around. Someone with bust potential would have a bigger range of outcomes. If they are a bust, they will be out of the league quickly. But if they are not busts, then I have to measure their upside.

FWIW, I'm not taking a solid stance on either guy. On JT I'm leaning towards success, and on Akers I'm leaning towards failure. But much like the way I had Monty rated last year, I consider them risky players and I'm going to be avoiding them at their respective ADPs.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:41 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:09 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:52 pm I was all for the round rankings, but now these guys are all 3-10 year players? Sounds like a massive hedge...
Three OR ten is how I wanted that to read. Maybe I should edit that.

It's pretty much on par with what I've always done, I'm just trying to be more expressive this time around. Someone with bust potential would have a bigger range of outcomes. If they are a bust, they will be out of the league quickly. But if they are not busts, then I have to measure their upside.

FWIW, I'm not taking a solid stance on either guy. On JT I'm leaning towards success, and on Akers I'm leaning towards failure. But much like the way I had Monty rated last year, I consider them risky players and I'm going to be avoiding them at their respective ADPs.
Yeah but 3 or 10 is still a major hedge. If they have a 8 or 9 year career you can say oh close enough to 10. Although for everyone's sake, I hope no one is digging this thread up 10 years from now lol

I liked it more when you took a solid stance, like last year with Sanders was the key one I remember.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu May 07, 2020 10:55 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:41 pm Yeah but 3 or 10 is still a major hedge. If they have a 8 or 9 year career you can say oh close enough to 10. Although for everyone's sake, I hope no one is digging this thread up 10 years from now lol

I liked it more when you took a solid stance, like last year with Sanders was the key one I remember.
Well I hope they are because it means we're still in existence. :D

The reason I took a hard stance on someone like Sanders was because I found what I consider to be concrete evidence in the form of college video to support my claim. I didn't find the same to prove or disprove anything on JT & Akers. I'm leaning success on JT, failure on Akers, but I'm not sold on those thoughts on way or another, and that's all I got.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:44 pm Now I’m more confused.
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:50 pm Jonathan Taylor - Floor of ~3 years, ceiling of ~10 year career. Bet on the latter. RB1, top 5 upside.
This is a guy that you’re “not drafting?”
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:50 pm Cam Akers - ~3 year floor, ceiling of ~10 year career. Close to a coin flip. RB1 ceiling.
And you thought this guy is a coin flip to be a RB1, and you had him in the second-third round of rookie drafts? How many first round rookie RBs do you think end up as RB1s?

Man, it was fun back when you said wild stuff, like calling Taylor the most overrated back in the class, or saying he wasn’t worth a top 6 pick. That was a bad take, but at least it was interesting. But this new thing, where you change your write-up every time somebody criticizes you, moving Akers from the 3rd round, to the 2nd round, to now he’s a coin flip to be a RB1? This is worse. Every post now reads like you’re just trying to hedge on every player so you don’t have to deal with the criticism if/when you’re wrong. It’s a bummer.
No wonder he may be hedging when posters like you can’t give it rest. We get it, you have an issue with his takes - just avoid his threads in the future and everyone’s a winner.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri May 08, 2020 4:37 am

there had to be a reason the rams liked akers more than dobbins.

they love him and view him as a 3 down back eventually. although i think he and henderson will share the load this season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 08, 2020 5:19 am

cantguardjake wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:50 pm Jonathan Taylor - Floor of ~3 years, ceiling of ~10 year career. Bet on the latter. RB1, top 5 upside.
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:50 pm Cam Akers - ~3 year floor, ceiling of ~10 year career. Close to a coin flip. RB1 ceiling.
And you thought this guy is a coin flip to be a RB1, and you had him in the second-third round of rookie drafts? How many first round rookie RBs do you think end up as RB1s?

Man, it was fun back when you said wild stuff, like calling Taylor the most overrated back in the class, or saying he wasn’t worth a top 6 pick. That was a bad take, but at least it was interesting. But this new thing, where you change your write-up every time somebody criticizes you, moving Akers from the 3rd round, to the 2nd round, to now he’s a coin flip to be a RB1? This is worse. Every post now reads like you’re just trying to hedge on every player so you don’t have to deal with the criticism if/when you’re wrong. It’s a bummer.
No wonder he may be hedging when posters like you can’t give it rest. We get it, you have an issue with his takes - just avoid his threads in the future and everyone’s a winner.
This has nothing to do with it. Nobody is putting a gun to Mike's head. OCR can post what he wants. Regardless whether I agree with him or not, we're not here to police what other people can post, as long as they aren't personal attacks that don't deal with the subject matter, which these aren't. He's not obligated to avoid these threads. You can simply choose not to read his takes, or respond to them.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Fri May 08, 2020 6:06 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:19 am
cantguardjake wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 am

This has nothing to do with it. Nobody is putting a gun to Mike's head. OCR can post what he wants. Regardless whether I agree with him or not, we're not here to police what other people can post, as long as they aren't personal attacks that don't deal with the subject matter, which these aren't. He's not obligated to avoid these threads. You can simply choose not to read his takes, or respond to them.
Policing my policing :wink: