New Heights of Rookie Fever

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: New Heights of Rookie Fever

Postby dynastyninja » Tue May 05, 2020 7:55 pm

playa_hata wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:23 pm I ended up trading most of my picks... I kept my 1.06 and took dobbins in team 1. But traded the 2.06 for Evan engram and then traded in another league 1.10 DK AND Sony for Chubb then traded my 2.10 and 3.10 to move up to 2.05 then gave up 2.05 and 21 2nd for Lockett and 21 3rd. Essentially received Chubb locket and early 21 3rd for a contending team for 1.10 dk Sony 2.10 and 3.10 and 21 2nd. Think I made out nicely ! Trading my picks where I have them bc value is too good to pass
Great moves

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue May 05, 2020 8:40 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:55 pm
playa_hata wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:23 pm I ended up trading most of my picks... I kept my 1.06 and took dobbins in team 1. But traded the 2.06 for Evan engram and then traded in another league 1.10 DK AND Sony for Chubb then traded my 2.10 and 3.10 to move up to 2.05 then gave up 2.05 and 21 2nd for Lockett and 21 3rd. Essentially received Chubb locket and early 21 3rd for a contending team for 1.10 dk Sony 2.10 and 3.10 and 21 2nd. Think I made out nicely ! Trading my picks where I have them bc value is too good to pass
Great moves
I love this rookie class, but thats crazy good value for a win now team.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Tue May 05, 2020 11:08 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:39 pm
Shankopotamus wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:52 pm Traded 2.06 for Tarek Cohen. Not sure how I feel about it, but rb options at 2.06 would probably be dogshit and Cohen gets targets galore.
I'm a humongous fan of Cohen. Turned down a late 2021 first for him in PPR. I love that trade for you.
And you'll be creating a Rookie Fever Bitchfest thread in 2021 when you're trying to buy back into the first round again.

And to think, you could have had one for a RB4.

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Tue May 05, 2020 11:22 pm

I dont know if its just rookie hysteria, but this does feel like the deepest draft I have ever seen. There are guys going mid to late second round who I think would have been firsts most years. I am kicking myself over not valuing second round picks more, the players falling to the mid 2nd are either very good or I have been drinking too much again.

I play mostly SF leagues, and players like Higgins, Aiyuk, Mims, Pittman and Shenault would arguably be first rounders most years, and these guys are going mid to late second sometimes. Lamb and Jeudy would have been top 4 picks any other year, Jeudy is dropping to 8 in SF leagues.

6 WR's went in the first round of the draft and then another 7 went in the second. 6 RB's on top of it in before the third, I dont think its just fantasy managers that are acting like recently divorced men in a whorehouse right now.

I also think that the league is in transition and there is a change of guard taking place. Last year produced some great players too after everyone was down on that class, but this league is going to look very different in two years time.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed May 06, 2020 4:46 am

Farley wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:08 pm
Shankopotamus wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:52 pm Traded 2.06 for Tarek Cohen. Not sure how I feel about it, but rb options at 2.06 would probably be dogshit and Cohen gets targets galore.
I'm a humongous fan of Cohen. Turned down a late 2021 first for him in PPR. I love that trade for you.
And you'll be creating a Rookie Fever Bitchfest thread in 2021 when you're trying to buy back into the first round again.

Incorrect, been doing this for 10 years and have never seen hype like this before.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed May 06, 2020 4:52 am

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Wed May 06, 2020 6:31 am

I started buying all the 2020 rookie picks last summer and have been waiting impatiently for these rookie drafts ever since.

For those of use who've been preparing for this rookie draft for a year now and stockpiling picks its pretty painful to move the picks.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed May 06, 2020 7:06 am

Mephistopheles wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:13 am
TimeWillTell wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:40 am So you're trying to buy the picks? Sounds like you're buying into the rookie hyper as well. Hard to know how bad rookie fever is in your league without examples of the trades you've offered to acquire picks.
I don't know about OP, but I offered Julio Jones for 2 1sts, 1.3 and 1.7, and was told to go bleep myself.
It's bad.
Probably because that's a bad offer. Julio is going later than the 3rd rookie (Dobbins) in 1QB startups, asking somebody to add the 1.07 on top of that is just way out of line with market value.

The time to trade Julio was last year. If you have him on a contender, might as well ride it out. Otherwise I'd be aiming for 2021/2022 picks, or hoping you can flip him for Lamb+ mid-season.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed May 06, 2020 8:19 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:46 am

Incorrect, been doing this for 10 years and have never seen hype like this before.
Hard to believe you've been doing this for 10 years and you didn't accept a 2021 1st round pick for the Cohen, with his current startup ADP of 124... Don't care how much I love a player, if the entire world is putting him outside the top 100 in ADP, I have the insight to adjust my personal beliefs a bit when a 1st round pick is being offered. Once again, brilliant example of how this isn't rookie class hype, it's your player valuations being WAYYYYY off.

LPN
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LPN » Wed May 06, 2020 8:23 am

My two recent conversations (one trade) are closely connected to your Topic.
1) I traded 1.07 for OBJ, my team is good and my WRs (start 3-4) are M.Thomas, JuJu, D.Moore and OBJ now...(plus Boyd and some young prospect on my bench), I think trade make me better for next 3 years OBJ should outscore Lamb (he was picked at 1.07 and will be my pick as well).
2) I rejected Julio for 2.07 and my 2nd in 2021- I drafted Brandon Aiyuk at 2.07. I don't think this is unreasonable price for Julio (perhaps it was a better value than I did for OBJ) but I don't want to be near Julio who is 31 year old already. If I trade for Julio I must move OBJ or JuJu on my bench and create headaches every week. Next year Ill be lucky to sell Julio for something ?? I own Julio in few leagues and I am running him until the end, but no way I am trading for Julio at this moment.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed May 06, 2020 8:34 am

LPN wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:23 am My two recent conversations (one trade) are closely connected to your Topic.
1) I traded 1.07 for OBJ, my team is good and my WRs (start 3-4) are M.Thomas, JuJu, D.Moore and OBJ now...(plus Boyd and some young prospect on my bench), I think trade make me better for next 3 years OBJ should outscore Lamb (he was picked at 1.07 and will be my pick as well).
2) I rejected Julio for 2.07 and my 2nd in 2021- I drafted Brandon Aiyuk at 2.07. I don't think this is unreasonable price for Julio (perhaps it was a better value than I did for OBJ) but I don't want to be near Julio who is 31 year old already. If I trade for Julio I must move OBJ or JuJu on my bench and create headaches every week. Next year Ill be lucky to sell Julio for something ?? I own Julio in few leagues and I am running him until the end, but no way I am trading for Julio at this moment.
I would take Julio for a mid and what is hopefully a late second in a heartbeat. 31 or not, he still has 2-3 potentially elite years of production and likely a couple more of decent production after that. I think Calvin Johnson broke a lot of people.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

LPN
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LPN » Wed May 06, 2020 9:20 am

[/quote]

I would take Julio for a mid and what is hopefully a late second in a heartbeat. 31 or not, he still has 2-3 potentially elite years of production and likely a couple more of decent production after that. I think Calvin Johnson broke a lot of people.
[/quote]

I will trade for Julio if that offer comes first, before I traded 1.07 for OBJ, after that trade I don't think move for Julio was necessary, it was more a Luxury move in my view. Brandon Aiyuk is promising WR, next year draft should be good , I decided to stay put but understand different opinion.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 06, 2020 9:23 am

LPN wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:23 am 2) I rejected Julio for 2.07 and my 2nd in 2021- I drafted Brandon Aiyuk at 2.07. I don't think this is unreasonable price for Julio (perhaps it was a better value than I did for OBJ) but I don't want to be near Julio who is 31 year old already. If I trade for Julio I must move OBJ or JuJu on my bench and create headaches every week. Next year Ill be lucky to sell Julio for something ?? I own Julio in few leagues and I am running him until the end, but no way I am trading for Julio at this moment.
Yeah, can't get on board with this. Julio is far more valuable then 2 dart throws
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed May 06, 2020 9:24 am

LPN wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:23 am My two recent conversations (one trade) are closely connected to your Topic.
...I think you botched this. You don't have to scroll up very far to see that I'm not a fan of Julio's current value, but getting him for two seconds is stealing and you should have snap accepted that. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a 2021 or 2022 first for him mid-season- you might even be able to get CeeDee Lamb for him mid-season if somebody gets impatient. That's a much better deal than the first trade, which I still like, but is closer to even. Passing up a steal because you already made an even trade seems crazy. Even if you'd rather keep future picks with all of those guys, then flip OBJ again for a future 1st plus and you still come out ahead.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

LPN
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LPN » Wed May 06, 2020 9:36 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:24 am
...I think you botched this. You don't have to scroll up very far to see that I'm not a fan of Julio's current value, but getting him for two seconds is stealing and you should have snap accepted that. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a 2021 or 2022 first for him mid-season- you might even be able to get CeeDee Lamb for him mid-season if somebody gets impatient. That's a much better deal than the first trade, which I still like, but is closer to even. Passing up a steal because you already made an even trade seems crazy. Even if you'd rather keep future picks with all of those guys, then flip OBJ again for a future 1st plus and you still come out ahead.
I appreciated feedback , don't want to take any attention from original topic but keep in mind: every league are different, owner tried to trade Julio for two seconds until my 2.07 (at least what he said) without any luck, I am playing in this league for 7 years, many owners think that trade 1.07 for OBJ was lopsided and I GET FLEECED. So to take Julio with "plan" to trade later OBJ was not an option.