Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:36 am

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:41 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:04 pm Trubisky has been pretty bad, very inconsistent. If Foles is better, maybe he breaks out.
You expect Nick Foles to support 2 WRs?
I don't see why not. If Trubisky was more accurate, he could have.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby whodunnit » Sat May 02, 2020 9:21 am

MattDeezy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:43 am Ted Ginn went to Chicago - RIP Miller.
Ginn is there to replace Gabriel, not Miller. Ginn is probably depth at this point.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:29 pm

whodunnit wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:21 am
MattDeezy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:43 am Ted Ginn went to Chicago - RIP Miller.
Ginn is there to replace Gabriel, not Miller. Ginn is probably depth at this point.
Yeah, and on top of that, I'm actually more optimistic about Miller again now that the "open QB competition" is on.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 03, 2020 12:45 pm

I heard they were converting him to TE.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Mon May 04, 2020 7:11 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:45 pm
I heard they were converting him to TE.
Hahaha, I'd believe it
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:04 am

IS it still to late to get this guy for cheap?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon May 04, 2020 5:10 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:04 am IS it still to late to get this guy for cheap?
Can't imagine you'd have to pay anything more than a 2nd.

But, most owners are probably holding.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:48 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:47 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:17 am
In that case, are you open to critical feedback like myself? ;)

You said this not even a year ago about Miller:

And obviously there were a ton of great WRs in last years draft while Miller went on to disappoint. So my question is: What changed between then and now? What is this spreadsheet you speak of? How did you create it? What does it say about current rookies in this draft class?
Yeah, WRs are his thing like closing out Super Bowl leads is Kyle Shanahans. Last year this dolt was hyping Harry, JJAW, and Isabella as his favorite WRs. If I was that bad at scouting WRs, I'd probably come up with a purely analytical system too. Unfortunately, you cant trust the cook of this data and it doesnt actually say what he claims it does. He was the loudest and wrong-est last year and now hes just vomiting up a bowl of numbers and claiming they reveal something significant.

Mike, you actually know some things about the RB position and make compelling arguements based on them. But I swear to god, if the two of you start a back and forth your egos are going to rip a hole in the fabric of time and space. In the interest of all humanity please dont go down that road.

On second thought, it would be pretty entertaining and theres nothing else to do....
Can you provide reference?
What I find amusing here, six+ weeks later, is that there's some issue with this, or that it was bad scouting to like N'Keal Harry, or Andy Isabella? JAWS, ehhh, there were justifiable concerns with him that were based on innumerable factors, so I can see that, but Harry had a totally clean bill of health in terms of scouting. His athleticism was right within the window, and we already know that the combine is largely irrelevant when it comes to finding connections w/future success rate other than in how it connects to draft capital (if your combine is good, you will have a better chance at having solid or better draft capital which is what actually matters as opposed to the athleticism that is pushing the capital up), he had the production markers, he had the early breakout age, and he played in a big 5 conference. Isabella's knock was exclusively in terms of his competition, which was essentially garbage, but we also had potentially exculpatory evidence there w/his consistently impressive performances against big 5 squads in out of conference games (of course Corey Davis had that too, but too a much lesser extent).

This is just the kind of thing that I view as revisionist garbage that ignores process. If you miss with good process, and you will, I'm not gonna hate you for it. McLaurin hit, and proved to be a major outlier, but if I or my team consistently made picks of McLaurin's I would lose my ----. It was a bad process pick that hit, so hurrah for that, but far more often than not, if you draft a guy w/a non-existent breakout age, and no foot print of production to speak of, you'll be drafting a bust, like 85-90% of the time. That's not good process w/a third rounder in the real NFL or in Dynasty.

Still, you'll see some strut back and forth over their McLaurin pick, while I'll just shake my head. Great lucky pick, but try that again 20 times, and you'll miss on 17-18 of them while I'm collecting all the Chris Godwin and Juju shares instead which had good process behind them as post-round 1 steals in a lot of drafts and will hit far more often than just 1-3 times out of 20 that guys with McLaurin's profile will hit. The one less to take there in a McLaurin is what one should be looking at, instead of ripping on Harry or Isabella. What were his selling points? Captain, leader, whatever? Nice, but I've seen innumerable guys with character who sucked. What else? Guy hidden by a giant pile of talent in front of him? Well, now that's actually interesting because we've got Ruggs coming through w/a similar issue but not as dramatic in scale (what do we make of his lack of production?, is the third best WR on Alabama in 2019 really the best WR in the '20 NFL Draft as the Raiders seemed to imply? Seems unlikely), and you've also got the importance of draft capital. The Redskins used a top 80 pick on him, not a dead zone pick like with Harmon (where the hit rate is even worse than the hit rate of guys with McLaurin's profile), the redskins had the need and playing time to give as well, so while the situation wasn't good, the opportunity was 50% good (plenty of snaps available, if not talent at QB). So file away the hidden little positives for McLaurin, draft capital, still the most valuable part of a profile, and opportunity, and a situation in college that would bury most receivers anyway, not hard to show out at ASU or at UMASS as compared to Ohio State or heck, even Ole Miss.

This is simply my long winded way of saying a few things, the most important of which are, good process misses aren't a problem, they're a reminder to be humble, and to dig into why you missed, and to not render a fundamental verdict on guys after 1 season, and to use good process in your evaluations, and always be open and flexible in your thinking.

I got AJ Brown everywhere last year, but I also had a lot of Harry. I got McCaffrey, Cook, and Mixon all over in '17 in round 1, but I also tried to buy up Davis on the cheap in '18 and stupidly sold all McCaffrey within a year or so of getting him.

I Nailed Chubb, and DJ Moore all over in '18, but I also ended up with a half dozen shares of Michel, and had to dump shares all over the place before the '19 season started while he still carried a reasonable return (successful with all but one share which I sold in February at a huge loss).

This is a complicated game, get some good process, always be open and flexible when it comes to learning and improving on what you do, be humble if you can or at least funny if you can't, and try to own your foibles and your mistakes as you also celebrate your successes. As I say these things I know I can fail at them across the board (especially with my loathing of tape grinding/scouting, appeals to NFL Authority after they've proven totally inept at drafting for decades etc) so humility is definitely a work in progress in some ways lol.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 12, 2020 11:59 am

Let's just pretend the Bears are the NY Jets of the NFC North Division and let them and 30 or so TE's rest in peace. Miller is an afterthought.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 12, 2020 12:15 pm

Ice wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:59 am Let's just pretend the Bears are the NY Jets of the NFC North Division and let them and 30 or so TE's rest in peace. Miller is an afterthought.
Ice wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Many love ARob; Personally, I would rather own Miller. Just never been a big fan of ARob's route running ability or separation from better DB's. Not saying he is bad but his production is 12 points per game this season which isn't 1st round worthy. Robinson has had 1 1000 yard season and he is not on track to get there this his 5th season. He has also only had one 80 catch season and he won't get there either.

Won't laugh but I think your value of Arob is pretty far off. The Bears won't just throw it up to him like Blake did. A 53% career pass reception to to target ratio is not real good. It shows Separation concerns. His targets will drop IMO which will help his completion percentage some but if he is not open he won't get near the targets. Thinking he is 60-70 reception guy which is JAG these days.

By next year Miller will be the #1 WR on this team. More talent and a better route runner IMO.

Taking the L on this one, then, eh? :lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 12, 2020 4:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:15 pm
Ice wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:59 am Let's just pretend the Bears are the NY Jets of the NFC North Division and let them and 30 or so TE's rest in peace. Miller is an afterthought.
Ice wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Many love ARob; Personally, I would rather own Miller. Just never been a big fan of ARob's route running ability or separation from better DB's. Not saying he is bad but his production is 12 points per game this season which isn't 1st round worthy. Robinson has had 1 1000 yard season and he is not on track to get there this his 5th season. He has also only had one 80 catch season and he won't get there either.

Won't laugh but I think your value of Arob is pretty far off. The Bears won't just throw it up to him like Blake did. A 53% career pass reception to to target ratio is not real good. It shows Separation concerns. His targets will drop IMO which will help his completion percentage some but if he is not open he won't get near the targets. Thinking he is 60-70 reception guy which is JAG these days.

By next year Miller will be the #1 WR on this team. More talent and a better route runner IMO.

Taking the L on this one, then, eh? :lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Yes I am. Really hate missing on players but his route running just wasn’t good enough to offset his lack of speed burst.

Okay player in red zone but sold my shares long ago. He looks like a decent player to own for an occasional flex start but he is not great in that system.

Even I miss on Wr’s occasionally 😜
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Sat May 16, 2020 8:54 am

Still holding out hope Miller can be a wr 3 or 2. Think the talent is there, just been a mix of injuries & poor qb play.

That said, I'd sell in a second for a chance to snag one of these 2020 rookie wrs
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:41 am

He seems pretty excited about this year. Fingers crossed. I just need him to be my WR4 behind Tyreek, Golladay, and Allen. So if he outperforms that, as Alshon fades (my other option there), I'd be happy. We can start up to FIVE wrs.

Anthony Miller (shoulder) believes 2020 is going to be "my best year yet."

Miller is still smack-dab in the middle of rehab from yet another shoulder surgery after getting injured while returning a meaningless Week 17 kickoff in the finale last season. Admittedly frustrated by having to endure a seven-month rehab for the second straight year, Miller is passing the time by studying tape of WRs like Stefon Diggs, Hall of Famer Isaac Bruce, and Steve Smith. "I’ve matured a lot on the field and I’ve gained a lot of knowledge, especially this offseason," Miller said. "I’ve been studying up a lot on other players and seeing what they do so I can enhance my game." Miller is slotted in pretty firmly as the Bears' No. 2 wideout behind Allen Robinson and was on a tear the final six weeks of 2019 when he averaged 5.7 catches and 72 yards per game in that span. With better QB play, Miller could settle in as a reliable WR3 in fantasy.

SOURCE: Chicago Tribune
May 13, 2020, 10:39 AM ET
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:53 am

How many players ever say they think the coming year will be their worst year? Obviously he is going to say all of those things. He is what he is, he might be a decent lowend fantasy starter, but that's all he is.
Last edited by bjd5211 on Sat May 16, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 16, 2020 10:53 am

An athlete thinks it's going to be his best year? I'm sold!