More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:02 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:47 am Who would you target at 2.08/2.10 in this draft? The top RB and WR will be gone by then. It'll be next tier RB/WR and probably the top 2-3 QB may be gone, probably all TE left, in a weak class. Thoughts?
You will most likely get two of: Laviska Shenault, Brandon Aiyuk, Bryan Edwards, Zach Moss, or AJ Dillon. Still some very high upside WR, and some decent RB options.
thanks
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri May 01, 2020 6:41 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:00 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:47 am Who would you target at 2.08/2.10 in this draft? The top RB and WR will be gone by then. It'll be next tier RB/WR and probably the top 2-3 QB may be gone, probably all TE left, in a weak class. Thoughts?
You will most likely get two of: Laviska Shenault, Brandon Aiyuk, Bryan Edwards, Zach Moss, or AJ Dillon. Still some very high upside WR, and some decent RB options.
thanks
Maybe you are in a 10 team superflex, in which case you may be able to get some of those players at picks 18-20 (although from the mocks and rankings I've been seeing Aiyuk and Shenault are very likely gone). However if you are 12 team, and especially if you are 12 team non-superflex, you'd be lucky to still see one of either Moss or Dillon left on the board there. They are mid to mid/late 2nd rounders current ADP non-SF. The rest of those guys should be gone.

Personal rankings tend to differ quite a bit the later drafts go, but if I were you, I'd be expecting to see players in the KJ Hamler/Chase Claypool/Tyler Johnson/Anthony McFarland/Eno Benjamin range. All to me players who are a tier below the ones mentioned by Kmani. Hopefully someone falls to you, but I'd also be preparing for worst case scenario heading into your draft so you aren't scrambling when you are on the clock.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:37 am

dustyroads wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:41 am

thanks
Maybe you are in a 10 team superflex, in which case you may be able to get some of those players at picks 18-20 (although from the mocks and rankings I've been seeing Aiyuk and Shenault are very likely gone). However if you are 12 team, and especially if you are 12 team non-superflex, you'd be lucky to still see one of either Moss or Dillon left on the board there. They are mid to mid/late 2nd rounders current ADP non-SF. The rest of those guys should be gone.

Personal rankings tend to differ quite a bit the later drafts go, but if I were you, I'd be expecting to see players in the KJ Hamler/Chase Claypool/Tyler Johnson/Anthony McFarland/Eno Benjamin range. All to me players who are a tier below the ones mentioned by Kmani. Hopefully someone falls to you, but I'd also be preparing for worst case scenario heading into your draft so you aren't scrambling when you are on the clock.
Yes, sorry, 12-man 1 qb league. I tend to agree. I hope one of those will fall, but it's probably more like what you said.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:32 pm

Just read an article talking about how Doug Marrone wants to use Leviska Shenault and I’m seriously intrigued. They want to use him at RB, wildcat QB, TE, and WR. This is what I advised he work out as at the combine (or at least WR, TE, RB) and I think this is one scenario in which he could be a top fantasy asset for a stretch if he’s utilized like this. Certainly an argument to be made he should be a 1st round pick with this game plan in mind
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 01, 2020 3:36 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:32 pm Just read an article talking about how Doug Marrone wants to use Leviska Shenault and I’m seriously intrigued. They want to use him at RB, wildcat QB, TE, and WR. This is what I advised he work out as at the combine (or at least WR, TE, RB) and I think this is one scenario in which he could be a top fantasy asset for a stretch if he’s utilized like this. Certainly an argument to be made he should be a 1st round pick with this game plan in mind
I want nothing to do with him, or that offense personally.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:38 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:32 pm Just read an article talking about how Doug Marrone wants to use Leviska Shenault and I’m seriously intrigued. They want to use him at RB, wildcat QB, TE, and WR. This is what I advised he work out as at the combine (or at least WR, TE, RB) and I think this is one scenario in which he could be a top fantasy asset for a stretch if he’s utilized like this. Certainly an argument to be made he should be a 1st round pick with this game plan in mind
Whoever drafted him was going to say that, as it's obviously how he should be used. We'll see if the Jags are actually willing and able to do it though.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri May 01, 2020 3:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:36 pm
JAX can't miss out on every QB prospect can they? What if Minshew is serviceable (Andy Dalton-esque), or they sign Cam Newton?

Dodging Shenault because of his current situation is a redraft outlook on a Dynasty prospect.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 01, 2020 3:52 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:40 pm
JAX can't miss out on every QB prospect can they? What if Minshew is serviceable (Andy Dalton-esque), or they sign Cam Newton?

Dodging Shenault because of his current situation is a redraft outlook on a Dynasty prospect.
I'm not. I don't like Shenault at all. Didn't like him pre draft, and like him even less with the landing spot.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:52 pm

I'm not. I don't like Shenault at all. Didn't like him pre draft, and like him even less with the landing spot.
Where about in your WR ranks do you have him? I'm not high on him but he's probably like WR10 or so for me so he's still a mid to late 2nd for me

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat May 02, 2020 6:45 am

Im always cautious of a coach wanting to use a player in an innovative way. It rarely materializes into anything useful. Someone like Jaylen Samuels has a lot of talents. Tomlin saw what he could do, and then after about a game of positive results, he decided to just go back to the non successful offense the have been running.

Coaches like Marrone have no vision.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 02, 2020 6:56 am

This is their best game plan for now and it's how he was used in college. Whoever drafted Shenault needed to embrace the playmaker aspect, and putting him in different spots on the field to get the ball fits.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat May 02, 2020 5:34 pm

The big question is not how he will be used, but how often. Gadget type plays work because they are unexpected. They are unexpected because they don't happen often. Can you trust that he'll see enough touches to put him into your starting lineup?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 02, 2020 6:33 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:23 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Where about in your WR ranks do you have him? I'm not high on him but he's probably like WR10 or so for me so he's still a mid to late 2nd for me
Honestly, he's not on board.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:23 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:37 am
dustyroads wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:41 am

thanks

Yes, sorry, 12-man 1 qb league. I tend to agree. I hope one of those will fall, but it's probably more like what you said.
I agree as well. I play so much 10 man I usually forget most are playing 12. For perspective in a 10 man today we’re OTC at pick 16 and Aiyuk just went. Mims, Shenault, Bryan Edwards, Pittman, and Burrow are all there so that’d be about 20 prospects. Dillon and Moss both went already bc of 0.2 PPC. I think that big fall off happens after the first 20 or so prospects.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sat May 02, 2020 7:28 pm

Jay Gruden is not capable of pulling this off. He has a system and will always attempt to put square pegs into his round holes (that's what she said). Seriously though, he hasn't operated this way before and its asking too much of him to do it successfully.