General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby Shankopotamus » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:03 pm

mild wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:42 am
ascherb wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:22 pm I love these threads with everyone now saying “I personally didn’t have Harry 1.01 last year... I liked AJB, Deebo and Sanders.”

Lol!

I distinctly remember that many many people had Harry 1.01.

I did.
He was definitely my 1st ranked WR also
I went back and checked my posts for the receipts... and I felt bad :lol:

I had DK above N'Keal pre-combine and post, but that's it. I was pretty high on N'Keal pre-draft for sure. I feel like the bust narratives only really took hold after that "N'Keal Harry will bust" thread got started, at least, that's when I really took notice of the seperation factor for the first time...

I also had Hakeem "the dream" Butler at #3 :lol:

Funny reading that back again and seeing how hyped we all were on the man - and I definitely contributed more than my share to that. A good reminder that the man is not dead, and is still going to get the chance to earn the trust of Kyler Murray - one of the best young passing QB's in the league. Can't lie... I got excited again watching the tape... :lol:
Agree on Harry and Butler as prospects. Those big dudes with elite contested catch highlights get me every time. They're all the next Hopkins in my mind lol. Has me second guessing Lamb. Even though he gets separation, it's Big 12 defenses.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:19 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:03 pm
mild wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:42 am

He was definitely my 1st ranked WR also
I went back and checked my posts for the receipts... and I felt bad :lol:

I had DK above N'Keal pre-combine and post, but that's it. I was pretty high on N'Keal pre-draft for sure. I feel like the bust narratives only really took hold after that "N'Keal Harry will bust" thread got started, at least, that's when I really took notice of the seperation factor for the first time...

I also had Hakeem "the dream" Butler at #3 :lol:

Funny reading that back again and seeing how hyped we all were on the man - and I definitely contributed more than my share to that. A good reminder that the man is not dead, and is still going to get the chance to earn the trust of Kyler Murray - one of the best young passing QB's in the league. Can't lie... I got excited again watching the tape... :lol:
Agree on Harry and Butler as prospects. Those big dudes with elite contested catch highlights get me every time. They're all the next Hopkins in my mind lol. Has me second guessing Lamb. Even though he gets separation, it's Big 12 defenses.
Harry did flash in limited playing time last year, and not sure how predictive this algorithm will be, but he came in 4th in 2019’s breakout finder. The top 5 in 2019? DK, AJB, McLaurin, Nkeal, Darrius Slayton.

So while he was probably ocerdrafted last season, he likely is still a decent but low

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:51 am

IZigUZag wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:09 pm N'keal is a great buy low, along with Parris Campbell
Agree on Campbell big time. He could be the K. Allen type in Indy.

N'Keal has separation issues. He had that issue in college as well. His release is awful, struggles against press,. Pretty easy to get away with those issues in college but the talent in the pros is way better.

Not saying don't buy him because there is some hope he can improve but Great and this player in the same sentence gives me pause in any capacity. :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:13 pm

I'm neutral on Harry. Obviously this was a disappointing rookie season, because he was injured most of the time and it's difficult to work your way back in a very disciplined structure like New England's.

But, there is a lot of opportunity right now:

- Pats defense is going to be worse, so probably more negative game script
- Dorsett, Gordon gone
- Edelman is still solid, but turns 34 next season
- Sanu is competent, but more of a complimentary WR
- Still nobody at TE

I'm sure New England will be looking to bring in some offensive players, but right now, it's not a bad time to buy low on Harry if you believe in the talent.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:38 pm

He stinks. Didnt like him last January, didnt like him last May, dont like him now.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:04 pm

Holding. And praying. LOL
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:39 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:04 pm Holding. And praying. LOL
You should feel a lot better about him after NE wizzed right past WR in the draft.

For the few JJAW truthers out there. RIP

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:58 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:39 pm
You should feel a lot better about him after NE wizzed right past WR in the draft.

I would have otherwise agreed with you, but JJAW and Reagor skillsets are more complimentary then conflicting. I think they’ll use Reagor like they used Desean Jackson when he was healthy last year. Not saying this is JJAW’s breakout year because I’m not so sure he becomes anything at this point, but I think he still has some chance in 2020.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:59 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:58 pm

I would have otherwise agreed with you, but JJAW and Reagor skillsets are more complimentary then conflicting. I think they’ll use Reagor like they used Desean Jackson when he was healthy last year. Not saying this is JJAW’s breakout year because I’m not so sure he becomes anything at this point, but I think he still has some chance in 2020.
I think it was the fact they drafted multiple WR's and traded for another he was referring to.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon May 04, 2020 10:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:59 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:58 pm

I think it was the fact they drafted multiple WR's and traded for another he was referring to.
True but it was speed they brought in. The draftees speak both to the importance of DJax and his injury. If I were considering JJAW's value/prospects, I'd keep an eye on Jeffrey.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Tue May 05, 2020 12:56 pm

Saw a video of Harry working on his feet, and release. Also appears to have trimmed down some.

Can't hurt, but he still looked slower compared to the other guys doing the footwork drills.

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
K-Tyler Bass

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue May 05, 2020 1:31 pm

Stidham could very easily be a train wreck, but Hoyer (even though he stinks) can still sling it decently.

Nevertheless, NEP not taking another WR with old Edelman and Sanu, has to be taken as a positive. Marqise Lee gives them a decent player if healthy but I'd think this offseason has gone Harry's way so far.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue May 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Didn't watch a ton of Harry last season, but he's got a decent highlight film. Seems like a decent buy low candidate. Don't think it's time to give up on him yet.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue May 05, 2020 8:27 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:56 pm Saw a video of Harry working on his feet, and release. Also appears to have trimmed down some.
I thought he needed to slim down so that’s good.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri May 08, 2020 3:27 pm

K-Tyler Bass