Michael Gallup owners...wyd?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Michael Gallup owners...wyd?

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:03 am

Ice wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:57 am See Sutton Thread.

Gallup equal to or a slightly better version of Sutton IMO but he is going to have a difficult time maintaining his PPg average.

The difference is he now has two players with stronger pedigrees to deal with for targets as opposed to one like Sutton.

Still good player but will most likely cap in the 13 point per game range with marginally better upside.

I own in him in a few leagues. Pretty obvious hold for me as he is good and his value took a hit. I imagine the market is really soft for him today.
Your Cowboys homerism is showing. :lol: Sutton was going up against top corners while Gallup wasn't. Gallup also had by far the better QB play.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:03 am
Ice wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:57 am See Sutton Thread.

Gallup equal to or a slightly better version of Sutton IMO but he is going to have a difficult time maintaining his PPg average.

The difference is he now has two players with stronger pedigrees to deal with for targets as opposed to one like Sutton.

Still good player but will most likely cap in the 13 point per game range with marginally better upside.

I own in him in a few leagues. Pretty obvious hold for me as he is good and his value took a hit. I imagine the market is really soft for him today.
Your Cowboys homerism is showing. :lol: Sutton was going up against top corners while Gallup wasn't. Gallup also had by far the better QB play.
70 receptions on 132 targets
65 receptions on 125 targets

Gallup is the better on back shoulder fades and speed variables in routes. He does drop more passes. Gallup played two less games and averaged 1.3 points per game.

I rated Gallup higher coming out of college by a hair and it is working out that way so far. Both are solid WR2's. Neither are WR1's. DB quality is suspect as teams ran a lot of Tampa 2 zone schemes against both teams.

Neither of these players really scared defenses all that much. Dallas did have far better QB play.

If you are inferring Sutton is a way better player then I would disagree. No issue if you think he is a little better. :biggrin:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

kvothe34
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kvothe34 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:30 am

Yea saying he's better than Sutton is a pretty big jump. One was playing as the WR1 in a disjointed offense with Flacco for 1/2 the year and a rookie QB for the second half, the other was playing with a great QB and facing second level coverage. Not to imply Gallup isn't a good player, but I'm pretty sure if there roles were reversed this wouldn't even be a conversation.

I know a lot of people are asking this question because they're worried about Gallup, but there really isn't much to discuss. Public perception of him is way down compared to his production because of the recency of the draft, so he's an automatic hold unless you can sell for his previous value or better. He's very young, has no injury history, and is still in a productive offense. Lamb will likely take some time to adjust to the NFL and Gallup will still get a decent amount of targets even if he's the WR3 on the team by the end of they year, so his value is unlikely to drop much further for the time being.

If you feel like last year was a fluke in terms of his actual skill level, you missed your chance to sell and should wait until he has a big game or (hopefully) gets traded. If you think his skills were legit, you should be buying, not selling.
Team 1 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Rivers
RB: Mixon, Guice, Duke J, McCoy
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Allen, Hilton, AJ Brown, Crowder, Diontae, Johnson, Sanders
TE: Andrews, Davis

Team 2 .75 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Def)
QB: Garappolo, Flacco
RB: Kamara, Edwards, Pollard
WR: Ridley, Kirk, Pettis, Cambell, Whiteside
TE: Ertz, Davis

Team 3 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex)
QB: Wilson, Cousins
RB: Cook, Mack, Cohen, Ingram, David Johnson, Bernard, Hill, Smallwood
WR: Allen, Diggs, Hilton, Woods, Jeffrey, Crowder, Harry
TE: Ertz, Olsen, Davis

Team 4 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex)
QB: Ryan, Cousins, Flacco
RB: Cook, Cohen, Johnson, Ingram
WR: Evans, Cooper, Diggs, Woods, Jeffrey, Jones
TE: Ertz, Thomas

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:06 am

Not trying to derail thread. I do have Gallup rated slightly higher and did coming into the league well before he was drafted by the Cowboys but my actual quote was:
Gallup equal to or a slightly better version of Sutton IMO
So before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, I recommended that he is a hold type fantasy asset. The stats and career of these two will play out.

By The Way.... IMO = In my Opinion.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:10 am

Ice wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:06 am Not trying to derail thread. I do have Gallup rated slightly higher and did coming into the league well before he was drafted by the Cowboys but my actual quote was:
So before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, I recommended that he is a hold type fantasy asset. The stats and career of these two will play out.

This is good. We can talk about Sutton in the Gallup thread and get back to more pressing matters like Jeudys BMI in the Sutton thread lol

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:12 am

If you have Gallup theres nothing you can do except hold...... your cahones which just got kicked by Jerry Jones.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:25 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:12 am If you have Gallup theres nothing you can do except hold...... your cahones which just got kicked by Jerry Jones.
This ^

The good news is he is young and his contact is up in 2021. Ideal player for the Cowboys to trade next year if they so choose. He is outplaying his contract so his value NFL wise is pretty strong.

Fantasy, not so much but a bad time to hit the panic button.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:29 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:10 am
Ice wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:06 am Not trying to derail thread. I do have Gallup rated slightly higher and did coming into the league well before he was drafted by the Cowboys but my actual quote was:

This is good. We can talk about Sutton in the Gallup thread and get back to more pressing matters like Jeudys BMI in the Sutton thread lol
Wait a Minute......

Gallup has nothing to worry about. Lamb's BMI is probably real close to Jeudy's. WTF are we thinking?

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:49 am

Can't sell now, just crystallizing your loss. Have to hold.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:47 am

If you feel his value was torpedoed by the draft, what type of offer would you accept for him?

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:28 am

Hold 100%

TBH - we don't know what Lamb will or won't be. We have high hopes, but ultimately he's an unknown. What we do know is that Gallup just broke out, and actually put up better efficiency numbers than Cooper. We also know that Gallup will be a FA in two seasons, and that Cooper's contract is very flexible after this upcoming season for a trade or cut scenario.

So, in all likelihood Gallup is off to better situation in two yrs, or Coop is gone in one. Either way, you're only waiting two yrs max for his situation to improve...and what's the normal timeline for a rookie WR to pop - 3 yrs...so even timeline wise, Gallup is still better off than a rookie pick.

NTM - he's already shown he can play in the NFL, and he can put up 1000+ yards and 6+TDs in these two yrs with the three headed monster, making him a flex play at worst.

If there is someone panicked about Gallup, scoop him up, because he'll be better than ppl think even with Lamb there. This isn't totally the same, but it feels like when everyone got down about Carson, after the seahawks took Penny, then to everyones surprise Carson was still the man in that offense.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:18 am

Makes no sense to sell. Gallup was legitimately good last season and even if he's not in Dallas long-term, he could go somewhere else and maintain a significant role in two years.

Everyone in Dallas' offense is going to have some big blowup weeks.