Why not D'Andre Swift?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Htowndds
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Is swifts game like Kamara

Postby Htowndds » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:14 am

Kamara entered a committee in new orleans his rookie year. We assume a committee situation in Detroit. Swift can play in the slot much like Kamara. Stafford throws alot to running backs in his history. Maybe this landing spot isn't as bad as the pundents think. Would like to hear the groups thought.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Is swifts game like Kamara

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:47 am

The landing spot hasn't changed my opinion of Swift, but I do think he has "dropped" in rankings because of it. To me, if I have an early-mid or mid-pick I'd be thrilled at the chance to draft him now.

I would take Taylor and CEH before him, but that doesn't mean I'm extremely confident they'll be more valuable than him. I think they will, but would not be surprised if it's the other way around.

As far as Kamara, I don't really know? We chase the next Kamara like we chase the next Mahomes like we chased the next Antonio Brown like we chased the next Adrian Peterson. Some guys are just unique. Not really worth comping people to them in most cases.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:00 pm

Seeing as it's the Lions and Fatricia is just trying to copy Bellicheck (without the skill)

Swift is gonna be a hyped up prime Theo Riddick I fear
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Patricia may not (likely won't?) be there past this season if I had to guess. So there's that... If he leaves could be a positive or negative for Swift. They did spend a lot of capital on him though so idk. I'll draft him at 1.04 if I don't get an offer that blows me away.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:22 pm

Kamara benefits greatly from Sean Payton and Drew Brees.

The better comp in this draft class to Kamara would be CEH due to situation and ability to run routes.

Htowndds
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Htowndds » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:07 pm

So would it be worth trading up in the draft from 1.5 to1.3 to have your choice of Taylor or dobbins. Is swift that much better in the groups opinion. I have 1.1 and will be taking CEH.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Kamara far exceeded all expectation. I expected him to be a ppr RB2 initially. There was evidence to point to it:

NO threw more to RBs than anyone else by a wide margin and Ingram (and especially AP) weren't major factors in the pass game.

I honestly have to do more digging on the Detroit landing spot, but I would take Swift at 1.05.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:10 pm

Htowndds wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:07 pm So would it be worth trading up in the draft from 1.5 to1.3 to have your choice of Taylor or dobbins. Is swift that much better in the groups opinion. I have 1.1 and will be taking CEH.
Depends what you would have to give up and your team build and who would be left at 1.5. if Swift is there, that seems like good value

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Htowndds wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:07 pm So would it be worth trading up in the draft from 1.5 to1.3 to have your choice of Taylor or dobbins. Is swift that much better in the groups opinion. I have 1.1 and will be taking CEH.
If you can trade up and get Taylor I would do that.

TBH - if you like Swift, you should just trade a 3rd rounder for Kerryon. His value has fallen thru the floor and Swift/Kerryon comp very closely to one another

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:24 pm

The Lions have said that they plan on Swift being a part of their RB committee. However, I do think that Swift will prove to be the most productive one of that group and take over the "lions share" of the work load.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:37 am

Swift is one of the top running backs in the 2020 draft class with his excellent combination of traits. He has extensive experience
as an I back and predominantly ran zone concepts at Georgia (both inside and outside). Swift has an outstanding feel for the
tempo and pace of the zone run game with his patience, vision, and his understanding of defensive fronts both before the snap
and their fluidity after the snap. He has high-level lateral quickness, short-area burst, and acceleration with the ability to make
sharp decisive cuts at the second and third levels without losing velocity or speed momentum. My sense is Swift can be highly
effective as a receiver both out of the backfield and detached from the formation. Dalvin Cook and Alvin Kamara came to mind
when I projected Swift to the NFL. I think Swift has traits and attributes that will allow him to be used in a similar way:
Outside-zone run game as the foundation with the ability to be effective as a receiver in multiple ways.

Cossell on him ..
@PlankMelody

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:44 am

I don't think you'll have "your choice" of Taylor or Dobbins at 1.03 unless it's SF/2QB, you'll likely be picking between Dobbins/Swift/Akers/WRs in most leagues. CEH and JT are going top 2 in the majority of leagues.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:24 pm

I'd be surprised if Swift isn't the top option in that RBBC before game 6.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Why not D'Andre Swift?

Postby ArrylT » Thu May 07, 2020 6:59 am

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/5-thi ... ndre-swift

Fun fluff piece - but nice to know Swift is a huge Barry Sanders fan. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Why not D'Andre Swift 1.01?

Postby ericanadian » Thu May 07, 2020 9:02 am

stoneghost28 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:49 pm
JungleCatz wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:03 am So if I have 1.02 And need a RB then I take either Swift or Taylor whichever isn’t taken?
Read their athletic profiles, watch them play, consider where they landed, and make your judgment. And I'll add, there's reason to consider Dobbins there too, and reason even for Akers, for now.

For me, I have them:
1.Swift
2. taylor
3. Dobbins
4. Akers

But I honestly would be ecstatic to land any of them, especially the big 3 if they go where I suspect they will (between around slot 15-64), which is one of the reasons I've been trying and failing repeatedly to trade down from the 1.01's and 1.02's I own for the 1.03. I would not be shocked at all if we're left wondering why we we left Dalvin Cook Version 2.0 but w/o the health concerns drop to 1.03 (in Dobbins), or if Akers turns into a top 6 RB in the league by 2021.

There's a very good reason why the big 3 in this class are already considered top 35ish start up picks. They are the cleanest top 3/4 cream of a class I've seen in decades alongside '17's McCaffrey, Fournette, Mixon, and Cook (which didn't include Hunt, and Kamara in the same tier, making '17's cream, probably the best RB class i've seen maybe ever and I've been paying attention for decades. can anyone else think of another that compares, people thought '05's class with Caddy, Ronnie, Benson etc was going to be a monster, but they all ended up disappointing).
2008 and its not close. Jonathan Stewart, CJ2K, Jamal Charles, Darren McFadden, Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall, Felix Jones, Justin Forsett, Tim Hightower, Steve Slaton and Ryan Torain all had fantasy relevance at one time or another and most of them were very relevant at points. Kevin Smith was the only real bust in that year too.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker