Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 am

the_lung wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pmI’m still shaking my head at all the people with Clyde-Edwards-Helaire as your 1.01 pick, based almost entirely on landing spot alone. I think that many of these folks are new to dynasty fantasy football or have a poor memory.
The list is fun and I appreciate the time you took to do it. However it seems you're cherry picking data to prove your point. Could I create a list of RBs drafted in that same range who performed well? Or is the data your providing a full list of all RBs chosen from around pick 20-40? I'm genuinely curious.

I put CEH in my top tier well before the draft. Landing spots made him my 1.01. For comparison, I have several dozen posts on these forums that show I think Penny was a bad prospect. When he became a 1st rounder in Seattle, I didn't change my mind.

CEH has great quickness, instincts, and skills. He's on the smaller side and lacks top speed. On running alone, I'd rank him below the top tier because of those two pieces of information. His pass-catching is what pushes him into the top tier for me. Situation vs other RBs nudges him from the top tier into the 1.01.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:01 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 am
the_lung wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pmI’m still shaking my head at all the people with Clyde-Edwards-Helaire as your 1.01 pick, based almost entirely on landing spot alone. I think that many of these folks are new to dynasty fantasy football or have a poor memory.
The list is fun and I appreciate the time you took to do it. However it seems you're cherry picking data to prove your point. Could I create a list of RBs drafted in that same range who performed well? Or is the data your providing a full list of all RBs chosen from around pick 20-40? I'm genuinely curious.

I put CEH in my top tier well before the draft. Landing spots made him my 1.01. For comparison, I have several dozen posts on these forums that show I think Penny was a bad prospect. When he became a 1st rounder in Seattle, I didn't change my mind.

CEH has great quickness, instincts, and skills. He's on the smaller side and lacks top speed. On running alone, I'd rank him below the top tier because of those two pieces of information. His pass-catching is what pushes him into the top tier for me. Situation vs other RBs nudges him from the top tier into the 1.01.
I as well had him in my top tier. I think in full PPR, the argument is strong for him. In half PPR, or standard, I'm not as high on the idea.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:01 am

I as well had him in my top tier. I think in full PPR, the argument is strong for him. In half PPR, or standard, I'm not as high on the idea.
Agree with ppr vs less than take.

I had him 3rd in a strong class. I was surprised he went 1st in the class but my top 4 were all close. He is my 1.1 now in full ppr as location for RB's matter to me.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:09 am

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:54 am

Agree with ppr vs less than take.

I had him 3rd in a strong class. I was surprised he went 1st in the class but my top 4 were all close. He is my 1.1 now in full ppr as location for RB's matter to me.
In 0.5PPR, I assume people will favor JT and maybe Dobbins, but how are you guys ranking the top 4 in that scoring system?
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:40 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:09 am In 0.5PPR, I assume people will favor JT and maybe Dobbins, but how are you guys ranking the top 4 in that scoring system?
In .5 PPR I'd have it JT, Dobbins, CEH and Swift.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:11 am

Zacsby wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:40 am
TimeWillTell wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:09 am In 0.5PPR, I assume people will favor JT and maybe Dobbins, but how are you guys ranking the top 4 in that scoring system?
In .5 PPR I'd have it JT, Dobbins, CEH and Swift.
I equate receptions to TD's. If CEH gets 60 that is 10 TD's. Obviously at .5 PPR its 5.

When I rank players I project where I think they will be on this stat first then project where i think they will be in rushing and and receiving yards.

I had JT 4th prior to the draft. I would move him up to 1.1 in a non PPr league due to opportunity but thankfully I only play in 1 non ppr redraft. Very concerned with his ball security personally. I hate the way he carries the ball. He flails his arms when he runs. Defenses will target the football in a big way against him. That has to get cleaned up. Imagine the Colts believe he is coach-able

In .5 I would probably still roll with CEH but it Swift would be right there. I rated Swift as the best overall back followed by Dobbins, CEH, Taylor.

Like all 4 of these backs.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:51 am

Nope!

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:07 am

CEH
JT
Dobbins
Swift
Lamb
Jeudy