Bryan Edwards

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Bryan Edwards is your 1.01

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:14 am

mild wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:48 pm **Reads Title**

The idea went from not-that-funny to total-body-cringe in one day.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:28 am

Just wanted to point out Ruggs is bigger than A. Brown and Tyreek Hill. He is the same height as OBJ.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:55 am

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:28 am Just wanted to point out Ruggs is bigger than A. Brown and Tyreek Hill. He is the same height as OBJ.
He's also lighter than Brandin Cooks despite being taller.
I don't know if that means anything, but seems just as relevant as your info :lol:
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:30 am

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:55 am
Ice wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:28 am Just wanted to point out Ruggs is bigger than A. Brown and Tyreek Hill. He is the same height as OBJ.
He's also lighter than Brandin Cooks despite being taller.
I don't know if that means anything, but seems just as relevant as your info :lol:
I get your desperate attempt at being funny and all but their was an appropriate comment in this thread that "Fantasy football players hate small speed guys, and love their prototypes" when discussing Ruggs and players like M. Brown.

That quote in total is accurate on many levels and some do use the size argument against players like Ruggs when it isn't accurate and in fact pretty lazy.

The game Ruggs actually excels at to date is centered far more on short to intermediate routes with burst to run away from defenders after the catch.

Those that actually study Ruggs will see far more glimpses of his game similarities to Tyreek, A. Brown, or OBJ in run after the catch, his route acumen, or back shoulder body control and look past just his speed asset.

I get people want to focus on his gross stat lines but when you look at his effectiveness on his actual targets and success with those plays he is uber elite.

I am a big fan of M. Brown as well but Ruggs is a very different player. Brown is actually closer to Cooks who you mentioned. Oh and yes Cooks was 1 lb heavier at the combine even though he plays today at around 185.

Cooks is also a very good Player with 4 consecutive 1000 seasons prior to last year. He should get 1000 yards again this season with the Texans if he starts all 16 games.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:57 am

Ruggs also had the lowest BMI of these 4.

I'm not sure why OBJ is even mentioned. At 198 he's considerably bigger than the others. You might as well have mentioned that he's only one inch shorter and only 38 pounds lighter than A.J. Brown.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:59 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:30 am
The game Ruggs actually excels at to date is centered far more on short to intermediate routes with burst to run away from defenders after the catch.

Those that actually study Ruggs will see far more glimpses of his game similarities to Tyreek, A. Brown, or OBJ in run after the catch, his route acumen, or back shoulder body control and look past just his speed asset.

I get people want to focus on his gross stat lines but when you look at his effectiveness on his actual targets and success with those plays he is uber elite.

I am a big fan of M. Brown as well but Ruggs is a very different player. Brown is actually closer to Cooks who you mentioned. Oh and yes Cooks was 1 lb heavier at the combine even though he plays today at around 185.

Cooks is also a very good Player with 4 consecutive 1000 seasons prior to last year. He should get 1000 yards again this season with the Texans if he starts all 16 games.
This is the problem I have with the Ruggs = Tyreek Hill comp.... I don't see the same feistiness, and physicality that Hill plays with in Ruggs. He's fast, really, really fast. That's how he gets his YAC. Maybe that's enough.. but stylistically he looks like a faster Brandin Cooks when I watch him play.

And Cooks was a very good fantasy receiver. I don't see that as a knock on Ruggs; but Ruggs as a top 3 fantasy WR in this class is a little over the top for me; imo if you want an undersized speed demon with the potential to be a fully well rounded receiver I'd rather have Reagor-- who's just much more physical.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:16 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:59 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:30 am

This is the problem I have with the Ruggs = Tyreek Hill comp.... I don't see the same feistiness, and physicality that Hill plays with in Ruggs. He's fast, really, really fast. That's how he gets his YAC. Maybe that's enough.. but stylistically he looks like a faster Brandin Cooks when I watch him play.

And Cooks was a very good fantasy receiver. I don't see that as a knock on Ruggs; but Ruggs as a top 3 fantasy WR in this class is a little over the top for me; imo if you want an undersized speed demon with the potential to be a fully well rounded receiver I'd rather have Reagor-- who's just much more physical.
Cooks wasn't really used (in the NFL) the same way that Ruggs was (in college) beyond a brief time in his rookie year, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:44 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:59 pm This is the problem I have with the Ruggs = Tyreek Hill comp.... I don't see the same feistiness, and physicality that Hill plays with in Ruggs. He's fast, really, really fast. That's how he gets his YAC. Maybe that's enough.. but stylistically he looks like a faster Brandin Cooks when I watch him play.

I think people forget that Tyreek Hill, in his lone college season, was a gadget player and a very raw receiver. Hill basically improved dramatically overnight into an elite WR while he was in the NFL. Hell, I don't even think Hill is that physical of a WR. He's just ridiculously fast and sudden, and learned how to vary the speeds of his routes and get good releases. It's damn near impossible to guard him if he gets a step on you.

That's why people are taking chances on players with elite speeds. If they can fine tune the technical aspects, you really don't stand a chance. Right now, Ruggs does not perform well through a lot of contact, but he's not afraid of it. I think he just needs to get stronger and fine tune.

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:26 pm

two drafts this weekend, Edwards went in the top 10 in both...

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:36 pm

lawilt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:26 pm two drafts this weekend, Edwards went in the top 10 in both...
Wow I really like him and will be disappointed if I don't get him, but no way I'll take him at 1.10. I'll take the talent that just fell to me with him going 6-8 slots too high (maybe a full round early?)
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:37 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:44 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:59 pm This is the problem I have with the Ruggs = Tyreek Hill comp.... I don't see the same feistiness, and physicality that Hill plays with in Ruggs. He's fast, really, really fast. That's how he gets his YAC. Maybe that's enough.. but stylistically he looks like a faster Brandin Cooks when I watch him play.

I think people forget that Tyreek Hill, in his lone college season, was a gadget player and a very raw receiver. Hill basically improved dramatically overnight into an elite WR while he was in the NFL. Hell, I don't even think Hill is that physical of a WR. He's just ridiculously fast and sudden, and learned how to vary the speeds of his routes and get good releases. It's damn near impossible to guard him if he gets a step on you.

That's why people are taking chances on players with elite speeds. If they can fine tune the technical aspects, you really don't stand a chance. Right now, Ruggs does not perform well through a lot of contact, but he's not afraid of it. I think he just needs to get stronger and fine tune.
Perhaps a name is slipping my mind, but I can't think of a single player who became a physical player after they entered the NFL? That has more to do with temperament and body type than something you develop (at least easily). I just don't have a lot of interest in soft receivers; one of the reasons that I can recognize Cooper's value and at the same time have no shares of him.

Especially with small receivers, you need that extra fight. Steve Smith/OBJ are a good examples of what I mean here.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:51 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:36 pm
lawilt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:26 pm two drafts this weekend, Edwards went in the top 10 in both...
Wow I really like him and will be disappointed if I don't get him, but no way I'll take him at 1.10. I'll take the talent that just fell to me with him going 6-8 slots too high (maybe a full round early?)
!!!!!, that's actually where I think he'll end up being valued at 3 years from now. :problem:

Was hoping to mine some value out of him.. but I've been burned way too many times picking the ADP player over my own rankings. I'll probably take him around there depending on who's on the board.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:57 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:51 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:36 pm
!!!!!, that's actually where I think he'll end up being valued at 3 years from now. :problem:

Was hoping to mine some value out of him.. but I've been burned way too many times picking the ADP player over my own rankings. I'll probably take him around there depending on who's on the board.
Things can change, and I've got enough picks I can make some luxury picks, but for now 2.03 is my earliest I'll take him
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:19 pm

so i was lucky to get him at 3.10
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Dynos wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:19 pm
so i was lucky to get him at 3.10
Blows my mind how receivers like Chris Godwin and Bryan Edwards can fall to the third round