Which RB outside of the Top-5 will be the steal of rookie drafts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which RB?

Dillon
28%
Vaughn
33%
Moss
8%
Evans
3%
Kelley
2%
McFarland
10%
Perine
4%
Dallas
4%
Huntley
No votes
Benjamin
6%
Calais
1%
Some UDFA that isn't listed here.
1%

Total votes: 100

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Which RB outside of the Top-5 will be the steal of rookie drafts?

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:21 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:11 pm Vaughn for immediate value due to passing game work. Not sure why so many people are low on him. RoJo sucks, especially as a pass catcher.

In general though I like Moss. Seems like the most complete back to me
Are you sure he beats out Dare right away for that role? I'm not.
Not certain at all but I feel like Dare had his shot last year and didn’t show much. Considering the draft capital, I think this is his replacement.
Can’t be sure of course but I think over the course of the year Vaughn will be the top receiving back in Tampa.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:03 am

That Tampa backfield is going to come down to who shows best as a pass blocker in whatever pre-season activities actually happen.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:33 am

UnsafeAtAnySpd wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:03 am That Tampa backfield is going to come down to who shows best as a pass blocker in whatever pre-season activities actually happen.
That's my point about Dare. He's had at least a year in the system, and isn't a rookie. He may be more trusted on passing downs.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sfoster2625 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:37 am

Vaughn is in his own tier after Akers then McFarland. I think McFarland has the most upside of the later backs bc he has decent size and speed. Plus we all know James Conner is made of glass
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:50 am

I figure Vaughn will settle as close to consensus RB6 once most rookie drafts start going. So it's hard to call him a steal if you have to take him at RB6, but I think he's the best option in a tier of his own.

After him, I like Dillon and McFarland, although both are probably waiting on an injury to really make some noise.
I also am very intrigued by Kelly, who I think will take the RB2 job from Jackson pretty easily. I don't know that they will give Ekeler a whole lot more carries than he received last year.

Deep sleeper is JaMycal Hasty from Baylor, going to SF. Wouldn't it be just like a Shannahan backfield if Mostert, Mckinnon, and Coleman are dinged up in week 12 and Hasty is going nuts?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:56 am

I like Moss’ odds. I watch him run/catch and the guy I’m reminded of more than anyone else is Kareem Hunt’s college work product. A lot of the plus/minus reports on him are similar to Hunt’s 2017 pre-draft profile.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:10 am

Since I hate the Rams RBs so much, I wanna make a mention of Xavier Jones & James Gilbert. These are two undrafted RBs who are now on the Rams roster. Each of these guys is similar in physical makeup and how they execute plays. I wouldn't be shocked to see one of these guys become someone worth owning.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:24 pm

blemly wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:30 pm Gibson. I know I know, drafted as a WR, but that backfield is chock full of nobodies/twilight guys after an unproven Guice (Love, Barber, Peterson). I love Guice, but if he goes down again expect Gibson to take over RB duties and I’m here for it.
He was announced as an RB when he was drafted. Just sayin.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:26 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:24 pm
blemly wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:30 pm Gibson. I know I know, drafted as a WR, but that backfield is chock full of nobodies/twilight guys after an unproven Guice (Love, Barber, Peterson). I love Guice, but if he goes down again expect Gibson to take over RB duties and I’m here for it.
And a lot of sites have him at WR. I assume he will be used more as a RB as well though

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:26 pm
Bot101 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:24 pm
And a lot of sites have him at WR. I assume he will be used more as a RB as well though
He will be lined up everywhere. From all the nuggets I got during my pre NFL draft work, is that most teams viewed him as an RB. And then he was announced as one.