Let’s settle it: CEH or JT

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which player would you rather own in dynasty?

Poll ended at Sat May 02, 2020 6:35 am

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
47%
Jonathan Taylor
53%

Total votes: 146

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Let’s settle it: CEH or JT

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 am

Reid has a MVP QB and chose CEH...... Just sayin. Pass Pro wasn't a concern at all. The last thing I would be worrying about with an excellent pass catching back with power is his pass Pro as a reason to discount him. He is just a rookie coming in with a great track record who's QB just went 1.1 overall. Now he is going to a team with the best QB in the land.

He will get coached up for sure and should be a consistent and dominate asset for years to come.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 am

DynastyDabbler wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:46 am I haven't seen anyone talking about Taylor's fumbling issue. 18 fumbles throughout his college career, losing 15 of them. We all know that's the quickest way to lose touches in the NFL. Is this not a concern? I've also heard people knocking CEH for his lack of pass pro. Which of the issues is the bigger problem?

I grabbed CEH with the 1.01.
It's been brought up a ton, and isn't a massive issue, it can be fixed.

Sanders had fumbling issues, AP had fumbling issues, multiple RBs fumbled in college and it didn't affect their value in the NFL.

You can teach JT better ball security, you can't teach CEH to be 5'10 225lbs, run a 4.39 and have Quenton Nelson and the best OL in the league blocking for him.

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:12 am

Ice wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 am Reid has a MVP QB and chose CEH...... Just sayin. Pass Pro wasn't a concern at all. The last thing I would be worrying about with an excellent pass catching back with power is his pass Pro as a reason to discount him. He is just a rookie coming in with a great track record who's QB just went 1.1 overall. Now he is going to a team with the best QB in the land.

He will get coached up for sure and should be a consistent and dominate asset for years to come.
Right, because he has a committee. CEH fits in a specific role, and it's not to pass protect or be a work horse

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:13 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 am
DynastyDabbler wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:46 am I haven't seen anyone talking about Taylor's fumbling issue. 18 fumbles throughout his college career, losing 15 of them. We all know that's the quickest way to lose touches in the NFL. Is this not a concern? I've also heard people knocking CEH for his lack of pass pro. Which of the issues is the bigger problem?

I grabbed CEH with the 1.01.
It's been brought up a ton, and isn't a massive issue, it can be fixed.

Sanders had fumbling issues, AP had fumbling issues, multiple RBs fumbled in college and it didn't affect their value in the NFL.

You can teach JT better ball security, you can't teach CEH to be 5'10 225lbs, run a 4.39 and have Quenton Nelson and the best OL in the league blocking for him.
This

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:32 am

Forgot to mention, Indy will be leaning heavily on the run game especially post Rivers. I expect Taylor to get the type of volume that Cook gets. For me the only concern is fumbles, but people have said it doesn't necessarily translate between college and the NFL so who cares? I think Taylor has 2000 rushing upside every year. All he needs is a crease to take it to the house.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 am

The more info I consume the more I lean toward JT with my 1.01.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:02 am

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:12 am
Ice wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 am Reid has a MVP QB and chose CEH...... Just sayin. Pass Pro wasn't a concern at all. The last thing I would be worrying about with an excellent pass catching back with power is his pass Pro as a reason to discount him. He is just a rookie coming in with a great track record who's QB just went 1.1 overall. Now he is going to a team with the best QB in the land.

Right, because he has a committee. CEH fits in a specific role, and it's not to pass protect or be a work horse
CEH had 270 touches in by far the toughest conference in college lasst season. I would expect similar touches in the pros. 215 rushes 55 receptions in 15 games.

Looking at it logically for a moment. The Chiefs ran the ball 375 times last year. They will probably run it at least that many times. Mahomes had 43 rushes and T Hill had 8.

So lets assume RB's will get 320 rushing attempts. RB's caught 87 passes.

KC just selected him top RB. Easy to say he is a committee back but project his numbers and I think many will see he has stud potential as a rookie. If he just averages what he did at LSU his last year he will get 288 total touches or 18 touches a game.

Kid is built like a tank with movement instincts like a gazelle. He is a legit 3 down back.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:06 am

Ice wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:02 am

CEH had 270 touches in by far the toughest conference in college lasst season. I would expect similar touches in the pros. 215 rushes 55 receptions in 15 games.

Looking at it logically for a moment. The Chiefs ran the ball 375 times last year. They will probably run it at least that many times. Mahomes had 43 rushes and T Hill had 8.

KC just selected him top RB. Easy to say he is a committee back but project his numbers and I think many will see he has stud potential as a rookie. If he just averages what he did at LSU his last year he will get 288 total touches or 18 touches a game.

Kid is built like a tank with movement instincts like a gazelle. He is a legit 3 down back.
Absolutely! JT is a close 2nd but this is an amazing scenario for this kid.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:09 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 am
Somebody won the internet today
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:15 am

This breakdown is worth a watch. I do love JT, if he falls to the Chiefs its hands down. But CEH in KC is good as it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO9KlH09PC4

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:33 am

The more I read the more I think people who were already on the CEH train will clearly have him at 1.01 vs JT. For me Swift and JT were in their own tier followed by CEH. Both went to essentially their best case scenarios so in light of this evidence 1.01 for me right now is JT with CEH right behind because I viewed him as the better talent. For what it’s worth, I think CEH and Swift were more comparable so it’s more eye opening to me that KC went CEH. Taylor fits Indys scheme to a t whereas he was never who I expected in KC.

I view JTs athleticism as the difference maker in addition to his prototypical build typically bringing something I'm more comfortable betting on. Neither of their backups scare me but I think there’s a higher chance of KC not using CEH as a workhorse (doesn’t mean he can’t be absolutely filthy, just something I want to avoid if possible at 1.01).

Let’s also not forget Indy traded up for JT, this indicates to me he was a tier ahead of the other rbs available to them and they wanted to get their guy, I think he gets as much work as he can handle.

Dobbins is interesting, I expected him to go above Akers, but he fits the ravens option scheme really well. I expect more caution will be necessary with him, he might need a year to break out (I don’t doubt it will happen just when is the question).
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:40 am

“ During the draft, it was said that when the Chiefs selected CEH, other coaches were throwing tantrums and "ripping up" their draft lists. While we won't know if this is an exaggeration, it's clear that Andy Reid, and general manager Brett Veach, love what CEH brings to the team. Specifically: "You get a guy like Clyde Edwards-Helaire and second-and-8s now become second-and-2 and second-and-3s," said Veach. "When you're faced with second-and-2s and second-and-3s, I really don't know how you can defend that. When you can just take shots on second-and-2 or second-and-1 just because you know if you don't get it, you still have third down. This guy has the ability to win the first down." With eight backs on the roster, some form of a committee is likely to take shape, but CEH currently seems to hold the coach's favor.”
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:56 am

Taylor is better. :D CEH may be a 3 down back, but it doesn't mean he's getting 270 touches. Nobody has any idea. It's a guessing game. Saying that, I'd still take him as my 2nd or 3rd back.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:56 am

Taylor is better. :D CEH may be a 3 down back, but it doesn't mean he's getting 270 touches. Nobody has any idea. It's a guessing game. Saying that, I'd still take him as my 2nd or 3rd back.
Hahaha true but consider this!

Ekeler was the 4th best back in Fantasy last year on only 132 carries. Amazing what 92 receptions can do for RB fantasy numbers.

Derrick Henry finished finished 5th best back with 171 more rushing attempts.

:crazy:

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:56 pm

If Leonard Fournette can have 76 receptions in a season, Taylor absolutely can do that in the future.