Cam Akers Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Cam Akers is your 1.07 now

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:35 pm

I’ll be interested to see how all of this plays out, the next couple of seasons. It will take that long before we really know anyway. Personally, I’m sure I will end up with shares of most of all these top players because I play in so many leagues. I’ll just have more/less of certain players. These rookie drafts are so loaded that I can’t wait to get to mine this year.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:55 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:29 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:28 pm I'm taking the top 5 RB's before any WR, BTW. Not a difficult decision, either.
Ditto. I've got pick 1 thru 4 and all will be RB. My only real decision is Akers vs Swift.
I find it hard to believe this is not a smash for Swift.

- is linked to a proper QB in Stafford who made something called "Theo Riddick" relevant as a receiving back
- Lions line is better than the Rams line, theoretically
- is far more advanced than Akers as a runner with the production to match
- Jared Goff

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:58 pm

mild wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:55 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:28 pm I'm taking the top 5 RB's before any WR, BTW. Not a difficult decision, either.
Ditto. I've got pick 1 thru 4 and all will be RB. My only real decision is Akers vs Swift.

- is linked to a proper QB in Stafford who made something called "Theo Riddick" relevant as a receiving back
- Jared Goff
Sean McVay vs Matt Patricia
Jared Goff (healthy) vs Stafford (oft injured as of late)
Darrell Henderson vs Kerryon Johnson

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:59 pm

- Jared Goff
I wouldn't jump the gun here. The Lions can cut Stafford next offseason and save $20M. It's probably something worth considering since their team sucks and he's expensive and in his mid 30's.

But, even without situation I'm taking Swft over Akers.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:59 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:58 pm

- Jared Goff
Sean McVay vs Matt Patricia
Jared Goff (healthy) vs Stafford (oft injured as of late)
Darrell Henderson vs Kerryon Johnson
Zig points out the reasons it's a debate for me.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:08 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:24 pm
Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:26 pm I am not a big fan, but FFers are treating Jeudy/Lamb like they are much better NFL prospects than they are. The NFL is collectively "meh" on them. Good players, but much more in that range of NFL prospects that has had an absolutely absymal hit rate over the last 10 or so years than the really elite top 5 type guys.
Seriously? They were both top 20 picks, the NFL is most certainly not “meh” on them. The NFL collectively places very high value on all first round picks and tends to view them as franchise defining. Nobody is pretending they are Calvin or Andre Johnson.
There were quite a few people leading up to the draft talking about them being like the Julio/AJG combo of this class. They're not even Corey Davis/Amari Cooper caliber prospects.

The reality is these are Michael Floyd/Davante Parker caliber prospects (that's not to say they won't end up as better players) that happen to be the best guys in a deep but not-at-all top heavy class this year. And those kind of guys, 1st round WRs drafted outside the top 5, have an abysmal hit rate over the last 8 or 9 years.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:08 pm There were quite a few people leading up to the draft talking about them being like the Julio/AJG combo of this class. They're not even Corey Davis/Amari Cooper caliber prospects.

The reality is these are Michael Floyd/Davante Parker caliber prospects (that's not to say they won't end up as better players) that happen to be the best guys in a deep but not-at-all top heavy class this year. And those kind of guys, 1st round WRs drafted outside the top 5, have an abysmal hit rate over the last 8 or 9 years.
If we do WR hits outside the Top 10 in the 1st round the last 10 years:

Dez Bryant
DeMaryius Thomas
DeAndre Hopkins
Brandin Cooks
Odell Beckham
D.J. Moore
Calvin Ridley
Will Fuller
DeVante Parker

Granted, that's 9 out of 24 possible, but not terrible odds.

If we do WRs drafted inside the Top 10 the last 10 years:

Amari Cooper
Mike Evans
AJ Green
Julio Jones

4 out of a possible 10.

I know you said Top 5, but just showing how easy it is to skew it since most of those busts have come from WRs towards the end of the Top 10 (White, Ross, Davis, Williams, Tavon)

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:38 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:08 pm
Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:26 pm I am not a big fan, but FFers are treating Jeudy/Lamb like they are much better NFL prospects than they are. The NFL is collectively "meh" on them. Good players, but much more in that range of NFL prospects that has had an absolutely absymal hit rate over the last 10 or so years than the really elite top 5 type guys.
Seriously? They were both top 20 picks, the NFL is most certainly not “meh” on them. The NFL collectively places very high value on all first round picks and tends to view them as franchise defining. Nobody is pretending they are Calvin or Andre Johnson.
There were quite a few people leading up to the draft talking about them being like the Julio/AJG combo of this class. They're not even Corey Davis/Amari Cooper caliber prospects.

I agree. The thing is, it’s the same deal with the RBs. Would you rather take your shot on a Floyd/Parker level WR prospect or a Ronald Jones/Yeldon level RB prospect? There are no elite RB prospects either.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:44 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:38 pm

I agree. The thing is, it’s the same deal with the RBs. Would you rather take your shot on a Floyd/Parker level WR prospect or a Ronald Jones/Yeldon level RB prospect? There are no elite RB prospects either.
Are we just going to ignore Jonathan Taylor?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:58 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:44 pm

Shhhh. CEH is 1.01... regardless of format and where JT landed. /s

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:00 pm

It's hard for me to get on board with him being an elite prospect when he was the third drafted RB in his class and a 2nd round pick. Teams will take a RB #2 overall if the player is deemed worthy, and teams don't really pass on elite prospects for someone else at the same position just because of scheme fit. They normally take the elite prospect and adjust the scheme.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:16 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:00 pm

It's hard for me to get on board with him being an elite prospect when he was the third drafted RB in his class and a 2nd round pick. Teams will take a RB #2 overall if the player is deemed worthy, and teams don't really pass on elite prospects for someone else at the same position just because of scheme fit. They normally take the elite prospect and adjust the scheme.
Teams? As in, plural? Last I checked, Dave Gettleman is only allowed to run one franchise into the ground at a time.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:22 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:16 pm

Teams? As in, plural? Last I checked, Dave Gettleman is only allowed to run one franchise into the ground at a time.
Cmon, many thought the Browns should have secured Barkley at #1 and their QB at #4. Top RB prospects get picked very early, and deep classes don't push everyone down (see: 2017). The NFL didn't suddenly wisen up on RB positional values this draft. If the right guy comes along, teams will throw the book out the window. JT may become that guy, but as a prospect he just isn't. There is more to prospect evaluation than 40 time, height/weight, and college stats.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:34 pm

I don't see how being picked 8 spots apart can be the determining factor in whether he's an elite prospect. But CEH is an elite prospect because he was picked justttt as the 1st round expired? No one can say for sure, but it's possible IND had JT at the top of their board and would've taken him at 32 if they were there. They felt good enough to trade into the early 2nd to get JT though. It's splitting hairs. Really the whole argument is.

Big edit: you are saying there are 0 elite guys though... I can't argue that lol

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:50 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:34 pm

I don't see how being picked 8 spots apart can be the determining factor in whether he's an elite prospect. But CEH is an elite prospect because he was picked justttt as the 1st round expired? No one can say for sure, but it's possible IND had JT at the top of their board and would've taken him at 32 if they were there. They felt good enough to trade into the early 2nd to get JT though. It's splitting hairs. Really the whole argument is.

Big edit: you are saying there are 0 elite guys though... I can't argue that lol
Yea, I don't think any RB prospect is elite in this class. I don't see any of these guys as on par talent wise with Barkley, CMC, AP, healthy Gurley, Bell, or any of the other league winning RBs of the past. I'll be taking CEH/JT at 1.02 (much prefer CEH), but I'm fully prepared for JT to not receive the pass catching work necessary to become a top asset, I'm not convinced Swift is good enough to command a workhorse role in Detroit (I am hoping to pick him at 1.05, however), and I won't take the 4th/5th drafted RBs at #2 out of principal.