Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CurtisMyFavMartin
Starter
Starter

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby CurtisMyFavMartin » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:20 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:55 pm I already have Taylor in two leagues(DLF SF Startups) and I definitely love the landing spot. With that o-line and at least a slight upgrade at QB with Rivers, this was about as good as anyone could’ve hoped for, I was getting worried that he might be on the board for the Rams and didn’t want to see him end up there.
Curious why you didn't want to see him land in LA? I feel like that he would thrive in a strong offense with a solid coach. Is it more of a scheme thing??
Controlled Chaos 12 Team PPR SFLEX~EST. 2015
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX 1SFLEX

2018+2019 CHAMPION
QB Murray/Stafford
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Zeke
WR DJ Moore, Pittman, JSN, Flowers, Addison, Downs, Lazard
TE Hockenson, Schultz, Knox, Irv Smith

4 2024 1sts
3 2024 2nds
2 2025 1sts

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:59 am

It’s gonna be a real pain to decide between JT and CEH at 1.01 for me. I keep going back and forth on it.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:56 pm

MattDeezy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:59 am It’s gonna be a real pain to decide between JT and CEH at 1.01 for me. I keep going back and forth on it.
I have the 1.02 and I'm stoked, now just looking if I can move up to 1.03 from 1.05 to get my predraft crush Dobbins.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:58 pm

Something we're not talking about is that Rivers loves to check down to RB. Even if Hines gets a lot of third downs, Taylor should get targeted plenty on early downs.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:15 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:58 pm Something we're not talking about is that Rivers loves to check down to RB. Even if Hines gets a lot of third downs, Taylor should get targeted plenty on early downs.
Yes. This is what leads me to believe he will be a three down workhorse. Everyone knows Rivers will check it down on any down, so I don’t see why the Colts would select JT if the didn’t think he at least had some receiving ability.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:10 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:15 pm
Lord_Varys wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:58 pm Something we're not talking about is that Rivers loves to check down to RB. Even if Hines gets a lot of third downs, Taylor should get targeted plenty on early downs.
Yes. This is what leads me to believe he will be a three down workhorse. Everyone knows Rivers will check it down on any down, so I don’t see why the Colts would select JT if the didn’t think he at least had some receiving ability.
The Melvin Gordon effect.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:22 pm

That had as much to do with protection as anything. Rivers doesn't check down for no reason. He goes through reads and feels pressure, when he's pressured, he checks down. A bad line provides more opportunity for that. I love JT, all about taking him, but with a much better OL, he will have less reasons to check down.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:22 pm
That had as much to do with protection as anything. Rivers doesn't check down for no reason. He goes through reads and feels pressure, when he's pressured, he checks down. A bad line provides more opportunity for that. I love JT, all about taking him, but with a much better OL, he will have less reasons to check down.
Rivers has had very good O-lines in his career.

He always checks down. Wouldn't surprise me if he audibles to RB flats/flares etc when he reads defensive pressure.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Rivers is too immobile to do anything except checkdown when there's pressure and the primary read hasn't developed.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:40 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:22 pm
Rivers has had very good O-lines in his career.

He always checks down. Wouldn't surprise me if he audibles to RB flats/flares etc when he reads defensive pressure.
Lot like Brady and Brees in this regard. These guys get older, they get smarter with the reads, and a little less ballsy about checking it deep.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:54 pm

People keep talking about Mack (who will be a slight hiccup to get past. Especially with OTAs being limited/nil) but what about Hines. I see him taking more away than Mack at times. Anything long yardage Hines will be in for pass protection/pass catching. Like said above it's a three headed monster the first year. Even if JT is the superior he's going to be bogged down by other role players while he learns.

Can the same be said for CEH? I don't think Williams puts up that resistance that JT will see.

Dobbins... sees one year of Ingram and then it's off to the races. Hill will be a mosquito flying around bothering every now and then, but absolutely nothing to worry about.

All that being said I own 1.2. And even with my own reasoning I'm not sure who to take. I still love JTs prototypical stature. I enjoy the upside of CEH on KC and Dobbins on BAL, but don't love their build size wise, but both situations are better. Luckily someone in front of me gets the b tougher choice out of the 3 and then I get a coin flip. More over analyzing to be done!
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:04 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:54 pm People keep talking about Mack (who will be a slight hiccup to get past. Especially with OTAs being limited/nil) but what about Hines. I see him taking more away than Mack at times. Anything long yardage Hines will be in for pass protection/pass catching. Like said above it's a three headed monster the first year. Even if JT is the superior he's going to be bogged down by other role players while he learns.

Can the same be said for CEH? I don't think Williams puts up that resistance that JT will see.

Dobbins... sees one year of Ingram and then it's off to the races. Hill will be a mosquito flying around bothering every now and then, but absolutely nothing to worry about.

All that being said I own 1.2. And even with my own reasoning I'm not sure who to take. I still love JTs prototypical stature. I enjoy the upside of CEH on KC and Dobbins on BAL, but don't love their build size wise, but both situations are better. Luckily someone in front of me gets the b tougher choice out of the 3 and then I get a coin flip. More over analyzing to be done!
I doubt it. JT should get fed. I don't think they like Hines that much, either. I also don't think CEH is a pure featured back. 3 headed committee is exactly the term Matt Waldman just used for KC this year, and he was sure to reference CEH's terrible pass pro. I think both players will get plenty of touches, it's a pick your poison.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:40 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:54 pm People keep talking about Mack (who will be a slight hiccup to get past. Especially with OTAs being limited/nil) but what about Hines. I see him taking more away than Mack at times. Anything long yardage Hines will be in for pass protection/pass catching. Like said above it's a three headed monster the first year. Even if JT is the superior he's going to be bogged down by other role players while he learns.

1.02 and 1.04 in one league. I see the decision as being made for me:
1.02 I'll take Taylor or CEH, whoever gets passed on
1.04 I'll take Dobbins or Swift, whoever gets passed on

Ideally I'll get Taylor and Dobbins... but if you told me a week ago there was a very strong possibility I'd land Taylor and Swift with those 2 picks I'd be ecstatic. So no complaints from me... these are all 4 fantastic landing spots. Almost as good as they possibly could have been

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:40 pm

So far in 3 Rookie Drafts JT has been the 1.01 - even a SF draft - doesnt mean he will be the 1.01 in all drafts - just that it seems the norm early going.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:06 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:40 pm So far in 3 Rookie Drafts JT has been the 1.01 - even a SF draft - doesnt mean he will be the 1.01 in all drafts - just that it seems the norm early going.
Is he really worth it in a SF to pass over Burrow? lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh