Joe Burrow vs Jonathan Taylor SF 1.1

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.

Taylor or Burrow with SF 1.1

Taylor
7%
Burrow
93%

Total votes: 45

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Joe Burrow vs Jonathan Taylor SF 1.1

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:29 pm

MyTeam wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:14 pm I plan on taking Burrow with the 1.1 in my league. I was just wondering why I was seeing him go after JT in SF startups that include rookies. Is value at the start up different than in the rookie drafts?
I’ve already been in a couple of these early SF startups and I’ve found that people are loading up on RBs, so if you want Taylor, you almost have to take him early.
https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/wp-co ... .50-PM.png

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/wp-co ... .12-PM.png

This is the early ADP from the DLF 12 Team SF startups, but keep in mind that it depends on scoring settings, etc, in different leagues.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:33 pm

MyTeam wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:14 pm I plan on taking Burrow with the 1.1 in my league. I was just wondering why I was seeing him go after JT in SF startups that include rookies. Is value at the start up different than in the rookie drafts?
Where does Burrow rank out of all the QBs?

Now where does Taylor rank out of all the RBs?

I believe that shows you partly why in a startup Taylor is going ahead of Burrow. After most teams run though their first few rounds they take a chance on a top RB rather than potentially a 3rd QB. It's a gamble, but weighing options that's probably what's pushing Taylor above him.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:42 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:33 pm

I believe that shows you partly why in a startup Taylor is going ahead of Burrow. After most teams run though their first few rounds they take a chance on a top RB rather than potentially a 3rd QB. It's a gamble, but weighing options that's probably what's pushing Taylor above him.
Now why doesn't that logic hold true in the rookie draft?
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:44 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:33 pm

I would rate Burrow higher in the QB position value than any RB currently ranks among the RBs.

Value wise I honestly probably rank him QB7 after Mahomes, Lamar, Watson, Wilson, Kyler, Wentz. I wouldn't value any RB in this class as the RB7 or better overall right now.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:01 pm

MyTeam wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:43 pm So why does Jonathan Taylor seem to go higher in start up drafts?
In a SF startup? It would be crazy to not take burrow by pick 3.9
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:42 pm

MyTeam wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:42 pm Now why doesn't that logic hold true in the rookie draft?
To me, you're trying to compare two completely different things.

This is just my perspective but in a SF startup you either go for the Elite guys first thing or you wait until later on in the draft to find value guys (Stafford, etc) and hope/pray that your skill positions work out. This could lead to Taylor going over Burrow.

Nothing factual to back this up, but gut instinct leads me to believe that guys with elite to good QB corps are normally the ones who are making it into the playoffs in 2QB/SF leagues. On occasion you'll have a weak QB team make it in due to the rest of their roster performing or an elite QB team missing because the rest of their roster has too many holes. Most people would rather have a stocked up QB room.