General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:53 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter ... 7723123712

Lamar the next Madden cover.

Gonna be another reason everyone is telling you to sell, but would still be a mistake unless you're getting Mahomes out of it.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:09 am

I'm scared

But perhaps Mahomes winning the Superbowl while on the cover of Madden broke the curse for good?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:10 am

Maybe people can argue he's the best QB in Madden still, at least. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:10 am Maybe people can argue he's the best QB in Madden still, at least. :lol:
He's most definitely still that. Absolutely unstoppable and infuriating to play against in that game.

I still think he's the best bet to score the most fantasy points at the position this season, next season, and probably the next one after.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:37 pm

Feels like the top QB in points changes every year. I'd bet against Lamar leading again. Ravens schedule looks harder than last year.

Is the Madden Curse still a thing? Feels like few people already broke it.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:37 pm Feels like the top QB in points changes every year. I'd bet against Lamar leading again. Ravens schedule looks harder than last year.

Yeah it seems to change every damn year, if I had to guess it'll be one of Mahomes, Lamar, Dak, Wentz, I know not exactly any brave calls there, my fav would be Mahomes with Wentz being my dark horse depending on his wrs actually surviving a season.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:51 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:48 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:37 pm Feels like the top QB in points changes every year. I'd bet against Lamar leading again. Ravens schedule looks harder than last year.

Yeah it seems to change every damn year, if I had to guess it'll be one of Mahomes, Lamar, Dak, Wentz, I know not exactly any brave calls there, my fav would be Mahomes with Wentz being my dark horse depending on his wrs actually surviving a season.
Kyler Murray continues the tradition of year 2 QBs going off

2019 Lamar
2018 Mahomes
2017 Wentz

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:39 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:51 pm

2019 Lamar
2018 Mahomes
2017 Wentz
I knew someone would bring up Kyler, I'm still not a huge fan of Kyler that's why I don't have him there. I think he's more likely to go the Baker way than the Mahomes/Lamar way.
Just to be clear I don't think he will bust, just that I'd bet on that before out scoring those 2.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon May 04, 2020 7:43 am

I honestly just have a hard time seeing Jackson outside of the top spot unless he's hurt.

Major TD regression, let's say 10 fewer passing TDs, and knock 200 yards off of his rushing total. He loses 60 fantasy points... and is still QB1.

I get there's more to it than that and I expect smaller numbers than last year but damn... he's putting up low end RB1 numbers and middle of the pack QB numbers as long as he's healthy.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon May 04, 2020 8:44 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:43 am I honestly just have a hard time seeing Jackson outside of the top spot unless he's hurt.

Major TD regression, let's say 10 fewer passing TDs, and knock 200 yards off of his rushing total. He loses 60 fantasy points... and is still QB1.

I get there's more to it than that and I expect smaller numbers than last year but damn... he's putting up low end RB1 numbers and middle of the pack QB numbers as long as he's healthy.
I mean, keep in mind Mahomes missed time. It’s eminently possible that even if Lamar only regresses by sixty points, that someone else has a huge season.

Put another way, I think Lamar is the favorite to be QB1, but I think it’s less than a 50% chance that he will.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon May 04, 2020 8:55 am

I'd take Mahomes over Jackson every single time. Mahomes abilities as a passer make him this decade's Aaron Rodgers.

Jackson can do some incredible things, but it seems like most running QBs struggle eventually. Whether or not that actually happens to LJax doesn't matter to me when my other option is Mahomes. Give me Pat and the true long-term stability.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon May 04, 2020 12:30 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:55 am I'd take Mahomes over Jackson every single time. Mahomes abilities as a passer make him this decade's Aaron Rodgers.

Jackson can do some incredible things, but it seems like most running QBs struggle eventually. Whether or not that actually happens to LJax doesn't matter to me when my other option is Mahomes. Give me Pat and the true long-term stability.
Agreed there. If I own Mahomes I feel safe at QB for a decade.

But as long as Lamar has his legs I think he's the favorite for QB1 in a given year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 04, 2020 12:45 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:55 am I'd take Mahomes over Jackson every single time. Mahomes abilities as a passer make him this decade's Aaron Rodgers.

Mahomes is going to play a lot longer IMO. The debate of who the best QB in the NFL isn't really a debate, it's Mahomes. In Fantasy, it's really down to short vs long term IMO. I think it's Mahomes quite easily in Fantasy, still.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 04, 2020 12:46 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:39 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:51 pm

2019 Lamar
2018 Mahomes
2017 Wentz
I knew someone would bring up Kyler, I'm still not a huge fan of Kyler that's why I don't have him there. I think he's more likely to go the Baker way than the Mahomes/Lamar way.
Just to be clear I don't think he will bust, just that I'd bet on that before out scoring those 2.
I think he will improve, but not to MVP conversation.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue May 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Mahomes scored 403 points in 2018 to Lamar's 409 in 2019, but in my league.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mahomes outscores Lamar in 2020 (if they actually play). Lamar had a Cinderella season with a bunch of fluky plays. I think his INT # will go up in 2020 and I also anticipate that NFL defenses will figure out how to contain him better. Not saying they will shut him down, but I wouldn't be surprised if they make his rushing yards regress.

Mahomes could easily throw 50+ TDs and 5000 yards. In fact, that's what I'm expecting.