Did Sleeper make any changes for 2020

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Did Sleeper make any changes for 2020

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:27 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:24 pm Worth the couple of extra dollars on league dues
Yup.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:48 pm

There was an update today I think but I haven't had a chance to look into it, Sleeper is the best mobile app I've used for fantasy, like anything it took me a few weeks to get used to some differences but once I did it became second nature. Easy to log in and do anything I need to play around with my fantasy team, its also still fairly new and expect many more changes over the next few years.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:22 am

AussieMate wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:48 pm There was an update today I think but I haven't had a chance to look into it, Sleeper is the best mobile app I've used for fantasy, like anything it took me a few weeks to get used to some differences but once I did it became second nature. Easy to log in and do anything I need to play around with my fantasy team, its also still fairly new and expect many more changes over the next few years.
I agree for phones I don't get how it doesn't get any better than sleeper. AND ITS FREE. I don't know what mfl platinum could have that could possibly cost money.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:00 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:22 am
AussieMate wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:48 pm There was an update today I think but I haven't had a chance to look into it, Sleeper is the best mobile app I've used for fantasy, like anything it took me a few weeks to get used to some differences but once I did it became second nature. Easy to log in and do anything I need to play around with my fantasy team, its also still fairly new and expect many more changes over the next few years.
I agree for phones I don't get how it doesn't get any better than sleeper. AND ITS FREE. I don't know what mfl platinum could have that could possibly cost money.
MFL Platinum doesn't cost any money, it's a completely free app. It's MFL that charges league fees to host the league.

khaos337
Role Player
Role Player

Postby khaos337 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:24 pm

The fact that sleeper still doesn't have support for adding unlisted players (for devy leagues) drives me crazy because it should be so easy to implement.
T1

10 Team, .5 PPR, 2QB

'19 Champs

QB: Jackson, Kyler, Ben, Winston, McCoy
RB: Fournette, Gurley, Conner, Davis, Michel, Roundtree, Ty'Son, Tony Jones, Freeman. Wilson, Bolden, Sanders, Sermon
WR: Hill, Ridley, M. Williams, Gallup, Parker, Mims, Cephus, B. Edwards, Q. Watkins, Sharpe, C. Wilson, P. Williams
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Everette
K: Bass
Def/ST: NE ARI

T2

10 Team, .5 PPR, Devy, IDP, SF

QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Allen, Bridgewater, Rudolph, Rosen, Haskins, Mariota
RB: Jacobs, Sanders, J. Taylor, Singletary, Guice, Hines, Samuels, Gaskin, Perine, Scott
WR: M. Thomas, AJ Brown, Dionte, C. Samuel, Sutton, D. Samuel, Boykin, Campbell, P. Williams
TE: Hockenson, Herndon, Goedert, Hurst, Fant, Dissly, Thomas
K: Bailey
DL: Hunter, Garrett, Young, A Smith, Golden
LB: Bush, D. Jones, R. Smith, Alexander, Bush, Landry
DB: Peppers, Savage, Thornhill, Simmons, Fuller
TAXI: Stidham, Grier, Hurd, Irv Smith, Sternberger, Isabella, Cephus, J. Chase, Hubbard, Bateman

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:28 pm

Just finished our rookie draft in one league on Sleeper, and there is no way of going through or sorting the list of undrafted rookies on waivers..... just have to dig through the pile of useless and long retired players by position. A 2 minute process on MFL is gonna turn into an hour on Sleeper.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:34 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:28 pm Just finished our rookie draft in one league on Sleeper, and there is no way of going through or sorting the list of undrafted rookies on waivers..... just have to dig through the pile of useless and long retired players by position. A 2 minute process on MFL is gonna turn into an hour on Sleeper.
Have you tried their phone app?
Click rookies and it only shows rookies and sorted by adp. Then you can also click positions to further filter by position and adp ranking is by default. Not sure how it can be any easier during rookie draft.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:17 am

Straycatz2 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:34 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:28 pm Just finished our rookie draft in one league on Sleeper, and there is no way of going through or sorting the list of undrafted rookies on waivers..... just have to dig through the pile of useless and long retired players by position. A 2 minute process on MFL is gonna turn into an hour on Sleeper.
Click rookies and it only shows rookies and sorted by adp. Then you can also click positions to further filter by position and adp ranking is by default. Not sure how it can be any easier during rookie draft.
I'm on the phine app...And this isn't the draft, the draft is over, I'm trying to go through the undrafted rookies on waivers.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:20 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:17 am
Straycatz2 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:34 pm
I'm on the phine app...And this isn't the draft, the draft is over, I'm trying to go through the undrafted rookies on waivers.
When you go to "available players" using the jersey at the top right you can swipe the options at the top. It will say "all" then "QB" then "RB" etc and if you swipe over there is "rookies". It is hidden all the way on the right side initially, you have to swipe or scroll over
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:27 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:24 pm Worth the couple of extra dollars on league dues
Yup.
Nooope

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:26 am

Sleeper is awesome.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:17 am

I'm not sure who Sleeper is trying to compete with. It's not nearly customizable enough to compete with MFL- the only people I could see using it are folks in very vanilla dynasty leagues who only use MFL for the year-round usage.

I could see it competing with Yahoo, whose selling point is a stronger UI than ESPN/CBS/Fleaflicker, by giving a similar quality UI with year-round functionality. I just can't use it, because my Yahoo leagues are both salary cap leagues and Sleeper still lacks auction capacity.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:16 pm

ghetto pimp wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:26 am Sleeper is awesome.
You're awesome

BrentMayFF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BrentMayFF » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:39 am

If Sleeper works for your league, then that is great. Use it, I can see how a league doesn't want to pay for hosting fees. But for most of me Dynasty leagues I either commish or an in, it just isn't powerful enough to use. For example, a bunch of my leagues I'm in assign an extra pick to the loser of the consolation round an extra pick at the end round 1. Currently, there is no way to do this, besides manually, having to stop the draft at that point and configure it to give that extra pick to the assigned team.

In my experience, the owners that like Sleeper are newer, and love the App. And hate how confusing the MFL site seems. MFL is far from perfect, but part of the issue lies in how customizable it is. The downside to making it so customizable is that it is much harder to configure and setup. I get that turns off many new commissioners but without that many features, you wind up with a platform like ESPN or sleeper.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:25 pm

BrentMayFF wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:39 am If Sleeper works for your league, then that is great. Use it, I can see how a league doesn't want to pay for hosting fees. But for most of me Dynasty leagues I either commish or an in, it just isn't powerful enough to use. For example, a bunch of my leagues I'm in assign an extra pick to the loser of the consolation round an extra pick at the end round 1. Currently, there is no way to do this, besides manually, having to stop the draft at that point and configure it to give that extra pick to the assigned team.

In my experience, the owners that like Sleeper are newer, and love the App. And hate how confusing the MFL site seems. MFL is far from perfect, but part of the issue lies in how customizable it is. The downside to making it so customizable is that it is much harder to configure and setup. I get that turns off many new commissioners but without that many features, you wind up with a platform like ESPN or sleeper.
Agree with this. If you're running a dynasty or keeper league on ESPN or Yahoo, it might make a ton of sense to switch to Sleeper. If you're already on MFL, you're probably going to have to lose a feature or two to make the switch to Sleeper.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF