Early Birds Special: Draft Results

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby vixen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:37 pm

as I stated above.. it was my first early bird draft and I learned a lot.. late round RBs were drafted earlier than I thought (though I did forget about Vaughn.. probably should have taken him over Aiyuk..
other trades I made:
gave 4.02 and got Perriman and 4.16
gave 4.16, 5.02 and got 4.06
1.14.. traded for Ridley (gave 2.16 and got 3.07 in that deal)
1.15.. Love.. I have a few QBs (Tannehill, Lock, Winston) but seemed like the most value in 16 team SF
2.04.. Z Moss...my RBs are not good (Hines, McKinnon, Henderson, Laird- that's it)
2.06..Aiyuk.. should have taken Vaughn.. made the pick at work and simply just didn't see him..
3.02.. AGG.. I was kind of happy he was still sitting there..
3.07.. Cephus.. as I stated earlier.. probably a bit early.. but if he can stay out of trouble.. he might be somebody
I traded a 2021 3rd to move into the draft and unfortunately my target, Davis was taken. so
3.13..Kmet.. my TEs aren't great, I know nothing about TEs, so I took the one that was highest on the list.. then

I got an offer for Kmet (from the original owner of the pick) and traded Kmet and 2021 4th for 3.15 and 3.16
3.15..Van Jefferson.. I decided to ignore TE and I chose what I thought was one of the last decent stab at WR
3.16..Hodgins.. and another stab
4.06.. ok, I guess I will take a TE.. some have him as TE1.. I know nothing.. but worth a shot...

overall, I didn't have a lot of regrets.. really, just the Aiyuk/Vaughn one .. but time will tell..
I hope at least 3 or 4 of these players pan out..
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:07 pm

vixen wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:18 pm
ToddFarthouse wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:36 pm

1.14(Ruggs)-I didn’t originally own this pick but Started trying to get back in the 1.11-1.14 range once I saw Raegor and Ruggs would be there. I was close to sending my first next year to get Raegor, but I quickly shook off the rookie fever because my team is pure trash and I’ll be a top 5 pick again next season. I ended up trading Calvin Ridley(ok maybe didn’t shake all the rookie fever off) for 1.14 and 2.16 to get Ruggs, I think he was the last guy left that could truly be a WR1. Ridley is a very nice player but I don’t see the same ceiling for him.

2.16(Joshua Kelly)-Ciuld he find his way into a starting role? A lot would have to fall the right way in the draft and then likely needs an injury to someone in front of him. But once he gets on the field he can be the type of guy that doesn’t give the ball back.

so he forgot to mention that he also gave pick 3.07 in the Ridley deal..
I used that to draft Cephus.. a little early perhaps.. but these guys kept sniping me.. it was my first early bird draft.. and every time I thought I had a sneaky pick.. he was taken before my pick.. anyway, I think Cephus can be good, if he stops being a turd off the field.. a big IF
My bad, definitely forgot. The weeks have been long lately!
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:17 pm

Todd had by far the best draft in year two of our league IMO due to his first round selections.

My team Draft:

I didn't have many draft assets going into this draft as most of my moves were building my team last year in our opening draft. My team finished 4th last season so is reasonably strong and should be a lock to make to the playoffs again.

My goal entering the draft was to improve on WR depth and net a WR1 or WR2. Tried really hard to trade for one using future picks but finally decided to trade Deshaun Watson. Not easy trading studs but I do believe the Texans will focus on more balance which may push his numbers down a bit. I also expect a bounce back from Odell this season. He will fit in nicely with Cooper, DK, M Brown, and Beasley when I go 5 wide.

Ice gave up McCarron, A.J. HOU QB; Rush, Cooper DAL QB; Watson, Deshaun HOU QB
Bot101 gave up Allen, Kyle WAS QB; Fitzpatrick, Ryan MIA QB; Beckham, Odell CLE WR; Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.06

Hard to tell who won this deal today but I netted Odell Beckham a couple of serviceable QB's including Allen who I like and 1.6.

1.6 Justin Herbert QB Originally targeted Dobbins here who I thought would fall but Herbert sitting there surprised me in a 16 team Superflex so I happily took him. I actually have him rated very highly and figure he will go to Fins or Chargers. Some are down on him but his upside is as good as any in this class. See him as a cross between a C. Wentz and J. Allen. High upside long term.

2.12 Eno Benjamin RB Traded my 2021 2nd round pick for this pick and was ecstatic to get him. Benjamin is highly underrated IMO. He has excellent vision and patience. He is a 3 down potential back with soft hands. I see a little L. Bell in how he will wait for the hole to develop. Time will tell if he can start at this level. I have him as the 7th best back in this draft with upside in a strong RB class on paper. Potential steel for me here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxLu3z_n-JU

4.13 LaVante Bellamy RB Western Michagan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA_M3RUfcRI
Really like his upside if he can stay healthy. Shows very good wiggle, patience, and burst on film. has a chance in the NFL.

Trade 2021 3rd pick for Gus Edwards, 5.4 & 5.8

As the owner of Ingrim I really wanted the young Gus Edwards who showed up big last year. He is a potential 1000 yard runner if Ingrim gets hurt.

5.4 Trishton Jackson WR Syracuse. This is a one of my sleeper WR's. Shows great route potential and plays silky smooth. Great gear changes on slants and vertical routes. Think he could be drafted in the 3rd round by an NFL team. Nice breakout season last year with 66 rec 1063 yards 11 TD's. Red shirt Junior.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-oCVJpzfdE

5.8 Reggie Corbin RB Illinois Love watching his film. He was a combine snub but one of the most fun RB's to watch play the game. One scout compared him to Sproles. Enjoy his tape!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_2ZUp6wznw

The only difficult decision I had was passing on Ruggs at 1.6 who I have as WR#1 in this class. I tried hard to get another 1st round pick but rookie fever was really strong in this league this year. Ruggs was the steal in round 1 easily IMO.
Last edited by Ice on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:07 pm

Mims was my only pick. Love his game. Just came out that he played his junior year with a broken hand, too, which would contribute to the drops and downtick in production that year, as well as his decision to stay for his senior year to increase his draft stock.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:24 pm

Awesome draft by farthouse imo. Interested to see how it ages in the next month or three being so early! (Aside from seei it age in a couple years obviously lol)
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:18 pm

Another fan of Todd Farthouse's draft here - his picks immediately stood out. Leaving this draft with Burrow, Lamb, and Ruggs in a Superflex league and on rebuild... that's some great stuff.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:20 am

Piling on the Farthouse train. Crushed that draft IMO for all the aforementioned reasons and the ability to do it through trades. Would have liked to seen you keep Edwards as well, have him as my 5th ranked WR pre-draft, but can definitely understand not being able to turn down that trade offer either. Who was it to/likely to be a high 2021 1st?

Main standout to me was Mims going that high, especially ahead of Ruggs and Reagor. But maybe the NFL draft winds up looking that way as well. Still seems like too much of a risk to me that high though, but the payoff could be great.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:01 am

My only comment(s) are to state that I pretty much did what I wanted to do and that was to punt the 2020 draft as part of my 3-4 year plan to rebuild a mess of a roster I took over in August 2019. As an end result I now control just over 25% of the 2021 draft. That might not sound like much but just remember that

(a) 16 teams = each owner starts with 6.3% of the draft picks
(b) 5 rounds x 16 teams = 80 picks
(c) The orphan I took over had no 2020 1st or 2nd
(d) a year away from 2021 so plenty of time to keep acquiring picks

So thats about a 400% increase in draft picks. :)

I did add a couple of decent TE prospects that could pan out in 2-3 years and a couple of fliers at other positions.

All in all I remain very confident that I will have a contending team by 2024. 8-) :D
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:10 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:01 am My only comment(s) are to state that I pretty much did what I wanted to do and that was to punt the 2020 draft as part of my 3-4 year plan to rebuild a mess of a roster I took over in August 2019. As an end result I now control just over 25% of the 2021 draft. That might not sound like much but just remember that

(a) 16 teams = each owner starts with 6.3% of the draft picks
(b) 5 rounds x 16 teams = 80 picks
(c) The orphan I took over had no 2020 1st or 2nd
(d) a year away from 2021 so plenty of time to keep acquiring picks

So thats about a 400% increase in draft picks. :)

I did add a couple of decent TE prospects that could pan out in 2-3 years and a couple of fliers at other positions.

All in all I remain very confident that I will have a contending team by 2024. 8-) :D
......and about a 2000 % increase in our drafts total time. :wink:

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:03 pm

dustyroads wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:20 am Piling on the Farthouse train. Crushed that draft IMO for all the aforementioned reasons and the ability to do it through trades. Would have liked to seen you keep Edwards as well, have him as my 5th ranked WR pre-draft, but can definitely understand not being able to turn down that trade offer either. Who was it to/likely to be a high 2021 1st?

Main standout to me was Mims going that high, especially ahead of Ruggs and Reagor. But maybe the NFL draft winds up looking that way as well. Still seems like too much of a risk to me that high though, but the payoff could be great.
I traded for Edwards. Last year I spent half the season trying to rebuild, I finished 9th. I think my team will take another step forward since I have made some trades that will make my team much better (key players are Prescott, Watson, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Gallup, Miles Sanders, Mark Andrews, Goedert). So I expect my 2021 1st in Farthouse's possession to be mid to late. I traded for Edwards because if he was in any other class he would be viewed much higher than he currently is. I also have Edwards at WR 5 in this class pre NFL draft. And I am not fond of the 2021 class as a whole.

Call me crazy, but outside of Burrow and Lamb, I am not overly fond of Farthouse draft. I am not a Ruggs, Kelly, or Perine fan. Mooney is intriguing though.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:03 pm
dustyroads wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:20 am Piling on the Farthouse train. Crushed that draft IMO for all the aforementioned reasons and the ability to do it through trades. Would have liked to seen you keep Edwards as well, have him as my 5th ranked WR pre-draft, but can definitely understand not being able to turn down that trade offer either. Who was it to/likely to be a high 2021 1st?

I traded for Edwards. Last year I spent half the season trying to rebuild, I finished 9th. I think my team will take another step forward since I have made some trades that will make my team much better (key players are Prescott, Watson, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Gallup, Miles Sanders, Mark Andrews, Goedert). So I expect my 2021 1st in Farthouse's possession to be mid to late. I traded for Edwards because if he was in any other class he would be viewed much higher than he currently is. I also have Edwards at WR 5 in this class pre NFL draft. And I am not fond of the 2021 class as a whole.
I'm a lot less optimistic about landing Edwards with a mid to late 2nd. :(

Agreed on his value, though. After Lamb, Jeudy, (Maybe Jefferson) he's right up there with the next tier of WR prospects for me as well.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Edwards should still be a mid to late 2nd. Theres a lot of good players in this class. And SF will push him down even more. Hes not someone I'd trade a lot to move up for in a typical 12 man league. But in a 16 teamer a mid to late 2nd is a 3rd.

I just saw that the 3 WRs I got in this draft (Edwards, Pittman, Claypool) had the 3 highest wonderlic scores at WR in the class.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:16 pm Edwards should still be a mid to late 2nd. Theres a lot of good players in this class. And SF will push him down even more. Hes not someone I'd trade a lot to move up for in a typical 12 man league. But in a 16 teamer a mid to late 2nd is a 3rd.

I just saw that the 3 WRs I got in this draft (Edwards, Pittman, Claypool) had the 3 highest wonderlic scores at WR in the class.
It'a 16 team league, where you got him is fine.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:13 am

Very interesting to get a look into not only the selections, but also the trading and owner comments behind their selections and trades. Despite this being a 16-team SF league (love that you all are also sicko diehards), I think people taking a look at this can glean some very valuable information for their upcoming drafts.

For example, in a standard 12-team SF league I think it is time to realize that Herbert will in all likelihood be drafted by someone in the first 8 picks of the fantasy draft. The implications of this are huge in my opinion. If the first eight picks include some/all of Burrow, Tua, Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, Jeudy, Lamb, Herbert, I think it makes picks 10-18 in every league spike in value. You could realistically be sitting in the 14th spot in your draft and draft a Reagor/Shenault/Mims.

Bottom line: if you want a piece of the 2020 action and the early 1sts are too expensive, buy into the late first/early second.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:47 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:16 pm
Indeed, and since the newest CBA stipulates that there will be wooden desks behind both endzones and only players who can pass a 10 question multi-choice exam get credit for a touchdown, this is very highly relevant.