Todd Mcshay Mock

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Todd Mcshay Mock

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:37 pm

Anyone got the latest Todd Mcshay Mock available or mind doing a quick copy and paste? Doing a start up draft and I wanted to take a look
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Todd Mcshay Mock

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:48 pm

If you use reddit it should be the the /r/dynastyff section
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Basing a startup in any way off a mock draft is a silly thing to do. I can’t think of a reason they’d be associated. Accuracy is limited by even the best of predictors even with league connections.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:11 pm

Mocks don’t mean anything until 24-48 hours before the draft. These ones are deliberately bad/wrong to get clicks and allow for changes so they can get more clicks.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:46 pm

Why's everyone trashing this guy?

Don't pretend we don't all read mock drafts. They're good fun
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:44 am

MrUbuto wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:46 pm Why's everyone trashing this guy?

Nobody is trashing him. People are sharing the opinion that looking at a mock won’t help you in a startup.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:05 am

MrUbuto wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:46 pm Why's everyone trashing this guy?

Reading and using in any way in association with a startup are two different things.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:26 am

I understand all of the input above. I find them to be at least more accurate than dynasty rankings as far as rookie goes and at least gives you some assembly of how NFL teams value talent. I don't watch a lot of college football so mocks, videos, and articles are how I find out about most guys
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

tackling dummies
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tackling dummies » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:57 am

I'd take mocks as WWE is to real competition.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:19 am

tackling dummies wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:57 am I'd take mocks as WWE is to real competition.
I guess I'd wonder what the real competition is then the draft? Its a month away what do you do in the mean time? Ignore rookies? Go purely based off an outdated websites dynasty rankings? Trust your own world renowned film evaluation skills? Just curious what y'all do since everyone is so passionately against it haha
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:33 am

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:04 pm Basing a startup in any way off a mock draft is a silly thing to do. I can’t think of a reason they’d be associated. Accuracy is limited by even the best of predictors even with league connections.
Mocks can absolutely give you a great idea of where teams are hovering around with draft pedigree. Obviously, you're not going to go to Joe Schmo at FFBlogger.com for your mock, but you can definitely combine info from the top draft analysts like Kiper, McShay, Jeremiah, Miller, etc. to target rookies who the rest of your league hasn't caught onto yet, or to avoid players who the rest of your league is gaga over for some reason (Hakeem Butler).

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:51 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:33 am
FiremanEd wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:04 pm Basing a startup in any way off a mock draft is a silly thing to do. I can’t think of a reason they’d be associated. Accuracy is limited by even the best of predictors even with league connections.
Mocks can absolutely give you a great idea of where teams are hovering around with draft pedigree. Obviously, you're not going to go to Joe Schmo at FFBlogger.com for your mock, but you can definitely combine info from the top draft analysts like Kiper, McShay, Jeremiah, Miller, etc. to target rookies who the rest of your league hasn't caught onto yet, or to avoid players who the rest of your league is gaga over for some reason (Hakeem Butler).
Mel Kiper had Hakeem Butler in the second round.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usato ... 3276382002

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:36 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:51 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:33 am
Mel Kiper had Hakeem Butler in the second round.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usato ... 3276382002
And DJ didn't have him in his Top 50. Mcshay floated possibilities of him as a 3rd rounder as well, saying he was very inconsistent. Butler was viewed so highly by the dynasty community (1.01 in rookie ADP at one point), but it simply didn't matchup with real mocks or what scouts were saying about pedigree.

This is why mocks can be useful in startups. Consider multiple sources and make a rational decision.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:29 am

A mock is taking into account landing spots, which are unlikely to come to fruition. Guys will also rise or fall compared to mocks. Mocks simply put are not accurate. You can play a guessing game with teams on the clock and still will be less than 50%, let alone a month out from the draft.

Perhaps the emphasis for startup impact was over assumed on my end, but it seemed like a weird thing to use as a necessary resource.

tackling dummies
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tackling dummies » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:26 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:19 am
tackling dummies wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:57 am I'd take mocks as WWE is to real competition.
I guess I'd wonder what the real competition is then the draft? Its a month away what do you do in the mean time? Ignore rookies? Go purely based off an outdated websites dynasty rankings? Trust your own world renowned film evaluation skills? Just curious what y'all do since everyone is so passionately against it haha
There are several points on mocks. Why is that why would a player's perceived value change after the last games are played? They are content fills for every site and then revised "these trade should happen" mocks and every flavor of mock. Why would someone mock select a RB in the 1st round for a team that has lost 4 CBs in the off season? Take them with a huge grain of salt and let the real GMs do their jobs.