General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: The Most Over-Rated 2020 Rookie RB Is... Jonathan Taylor

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:00 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:08 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:05 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:15 am Dobbins and Swift will have better rookie seasons than JT. (I think it will easily be better but "easily" isn't measurable so I removed the term)

I'd like to see who disagrees with me so we have something measurable at the end of the season.
I’ll disagree with you and I’ll propose something simple to back it up.

FF scoring:
0.1 pts/yard gained rushing or receiving
0.2 pts/carry
0.5 pts/reception
6 pts per TD
-2 pts/fumble lost
Games where a RB is injured and removed from the game without returning to that game are removed from scoring
If Taylor is unable to play in the 2020 regular season due to injury or the season being cancelled the bet is nullified.
ETA - RBs must have either at least 100 touches in the season or average at least 7.5 touches per game when active to qualify.

Taylor finishes in the top 4 rookie RBs in FF pts per game. I’d go higher than top 4 but I’m taking the risk of taking the bet prior to knowing his landing spot in the draft.

If you win I pay out $50 to you
If I win you state here in your sig line in normal font unequivocally and unconditionally that you were wrong about Taylor for the year following the end of the regular season.

You game?
Wait wait, this is simple? :)

I didn't say JT wouldn't be a top 4 rookie RB or even a top 3 for that matter. For all anyone else knows I think the rest of the RB field is worthless and I only have 3 guys in my rankings worth owning.

The premise of my original post is that Dobbins and Swift are far more valuable right off the bat. That's where everyone started to disagree. If someone disagrees then a Dobbins/Swift vs JT is the foundation of the bet I wanna make. And not for money, but for bragging rights. Like something the loser has to put in their sig next off-season or something. :P

JT has the highest ceiling career-wise, but also the least likely imo.
Yeah, that’s simple. Or it should be to a self proclaimed superior being such as yourself.

You’re down on Taylor in his rookie year. According to you, you already have 2 guys who will far outperform him. The reason I asked for top 4 is because this bet is being made before Taylor gets his landing spot. I’ll stand by the bet even if Dallas, Carolina or the Giants were to draft Taylor.

You want to change the parameters to make it between only 3 guys now? Fine, same conditions and scoring. But then YOU step up and back up your assertion that both Swift and Dobbins will far outperform Taylor. How about something like if Taylor matches or exceeds 75% of the FFPPG scoring of either of those two that you lose the bet?

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:36 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:00 pm You’re down on Taylor in his rookie year. According to you, you already have 2 guys who will far outperform him. The reason I asked for top 4 is because this bet is being made before Taylor gets his landing spot. I’ll stand by the bet even if Dallas, Carolina or the Giants were to draft Taylor.

You want to change the parameters to make it between only 3 guys now? Fine, same conditions and scoring. But then YOU step up and back up your assertion that both Swift and Dobbins will far outperform Taylor. How about something like if Taylor matches or exceeds 75% of the FFPPG scoring of either of those two that you lose the bet?
lol. You make it sound like I created the bet, you agreed to it, and then I changed my mind. However, I said it would be Swift/Dobbins, and then JT since post #1. Then I asked several times over if anyone wants to make a bet based on those 3 players. You asked for top 4 rookie RBs, which actually gives me the edge btw because if any 3 rookie RBs outperform JT I'd win the bet, but it wouldn't match the original post I created.

I'll accept the terms of your proposition but you only have 22 posts! My suggestion was that the loser has to add something to their sig that the winner gets to pick. It has to be tasteful and within reason. I'd obviously have far more riding on this than you. Oh well, I'll agree to it anyway since I'm that confident. :P
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:40 am

This is my online interview for DLF with Ryan McDowell. He allowed me to share my limited thoughts on JT. I basically reiterated what I said on these forums, but sometimes a verbal opinion hits differently than a written one. There's a lot of intro/outro fluff to these pieces so:

SKIP AHEAD TO 4:21

Link if the above doesn't work for you: https://youtu.be/fEru-GbOWuA?t=260
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:10 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:40 am This is my online interview for DLF with Ryan McDowell. He allowed me to share my limited thoughts on JT. I basically reiterated what I said on these forums, but sometimes a verbal opinion hits differently than a written one. There's a lot of intro/outro fluff to these pieces so:

SKIP AHEAD TO 4:21

Link if the above doesn't work for you: https://youtu.be/fEru-GbOWuA?t=260
Thank you for sharing this. All good info and I agree with you to a degree (but i do think Taylor is worth the risk at 1.03) I wish you talked about JK though.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:14 am

PTW32 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:10 amThank you for sharing this. All good info and I agree with you to a degree (but i do think Taylor is worth the risk at 1.03) I wish you talked about JK though.
I had to stick to a script. I go into Dobbins in great detail in the article.

The whole point is that Dobbins & Swift are the 2 guys I'd rather own. So if you have those guys ranked #1 and #2 and you have JT ranked #3, I wouldn't argue with you. I'd rather draft someone I feel is capable of starting day 1, but JT also has the highest ceiling so #3 is worth consideration.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:21 am

MikeH, your exact words were “he’s not worth your top 6 pick”. Barring a catastrophic injury or draft, that’s going to end up looking dumb. Who are the other 4 guys besides Swift and Dobbins you’re taking ahead of him?

I have a hunch that tape grinders will always undervalue big, athletic guys. Derrick Henry, Nick Chubb, and now Jonathan Taylor, (next year Najee Harris, just wait.) I think when they’re busy cosplaying NFL scouts, they don’t appreciate running over, through, and away from people, because it doesn’t seem as refined as a good jump cut or hesitation move.

In any case, nobody should be paying for DLF Premium. They’ll literally hire anybody, despite having zero exerptise, as long as they can generate “content.” You’re paying for stuff that’s worse than what you get for free on the forum. If you need to pay somebody for this guy’s opinion in order to enjoy dynasty football, I sincerely suggest that you just quit and find a different hobby.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:24 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:21 am MikeH, your exact words were “he’s not worth your top 6 pick”. Barring a catastrophic injury or draft, that’s going to end up looking dumb. Who are the other 4 guys besides Swift and Dobbins you’re taking ahead of him?
I want guys who can start right away, week 1. I believe there are 6 guys out there capable of that. Why is this far-fetched?
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:26 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:24 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:21 am MikeH, your exact words were “he’s not worth your top 6 pick”. Barring a catastrophic injury or draft, that’s going to end up looking dumb. Who are the other 4 guys besides Swift and Dobbins you’re taking ahead of him?
I want guys who can start right away, week 1. I believe there are 6 guys out there capable of that. Why is this far-fetched?
Who are they?

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:35 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:21 am
In any case, nobody should be paying for DLF Premium. They’ll literally hire anybody, despite having zero exerptise, as long as they can generate “content.” You’re paying for stuff that’s worse than what you get for free on the forum. If you need to pay somebody for this guy’s opinion in order to enjoy dynasty football, I sincerely suggest that you just quit and find a different hobby.
This is a pretty extreme stance to take. You may not agree with the analysis done, but doesn't mean there are people who don't. I haven't paid for any FF subscription because I like to live and die by my own decisions, but I would disagree that what DFL puts out is any worse than what I see on these forums. I've seen some pretty incredibly bad takes on just about every free thread here (and elsewhere).

At the end of the day you are correct, DFL is running a business and therefor the goal is to make money with interesting content. They don't have a magic formula. No one does. If you don't appreciate the content, don't read it. If I was going to give someone money for FF advice I'd much rather give it to DFL than the garbage magazines I see countless people buy year after year.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:38 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:26 am
Who are they?
That's a new topic. I'm writing the article now. I'll have it out before the draft. JT could become 3rd on my list you know, based on landing spot. I said that earlier. Right now he's outside my top 6.

I still don't see what's wrong about wanting players capable of starting day 1. Also WRs are far more valuable than project RBs (which is where I put JT).
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:58 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:14 am
PTW32 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:10 amThank you for sharing this. All good info and I agree with you to a degree (but i do think Taylor is worth the risk at 1.03) I wish you talked about JK though.
I had to stick to a script. I go into Dobbins in great detail in the article.

The whole point is that Dobbins & Swift are the 2 guys I'd rather own. So if you have those guys ranked #1 and #2 and you have JT ranked #3, I wouldn't argue with you. I'd rather draft someone I feel is capable of starting day 1, but JT also has the highest ceiling so #3 is worth consideration.
Why is this so controversial?

I find there is a lot of disagreement for how to rank the top 3 RBs, in some cases 4 with Akers.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:11 am

I have a hunch that tape grinders will always undervalue big, athletic guys. Derrick Henry, Nick Chubb, and now Jonathan Taylor, (next year Najee Harris, just wait.) I think when they’re busy cosplaying NFL scouts, they don’t appreciate running over, through, and away from people, because it doesn’t seem as refined as a good jump cut or hesitation move.

Impossible. Because there's comments from people like you on the forum.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:12 am

So he’s outside your top 6, but you won’t say who 4 of the guys ahead of him are, and you concede that you might move him to 3. Got it.

I honestly thought watching this forum beat the bravado out of you would be fun, but this new cowardice is worse.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:19 am

I can understand various orders of the top 3 RB's, JT, JK, and Swift. They are 3 different back and have different qualities that make them good. I do find it baffling that you are inferring that Taylor would not be able to start day 1. I honestly feel he is the most NFL ready back and most capable of starting day 1 prior to NFL draft knowledge. I think they are all capable of being day 1 starters and whether or not they end up that way, I feel, is more related to landing spot than anything else. I just don't see the same things you do as far as all the work Taylor needs to improve as a back in order to be successful. Which is where I assume you are indicating he isn't a day 1 starter.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 am

Your bold take is striking nerves and shattering hopes Mike😩
You should have just went with the consensus ho-hum list👎

Me thinks a little cabin fever is playing a part here. But negative or positive it’s something to do👍