Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:52 am
ArrylT wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:01 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:00 am

He also didn’t claim to be the most accurate evaluator of WRs. People only really started dunking on him when he said he was the best at evaluating running backs.
Yes anyone who heavily negatively critiques another posters stance on a player or a position needs to be able to show that they can do better. Many times it is just pot shots from the peanut gallery and I have a feeling those bounce off most respectable posters be it Cameron Giles, lukkynumber13, Dynasty_Delorean or DLF_MikeH.
Boy cow poop!

If you put yourself out there as a RB guru, with a near 100% hit rate, despite the fact that the most NFL scouting departments probably don't hit 50% in their calls of round 1-3 RBs, YOU'RE GONNA GET A LOT OF SCRUTINY.

Also, if you wanna rely on a track record, you need to actually have that track record (and not change it, qualify it, tweak your secret, proprietary magic
formula, or say you hyped a guy cuz you were trying to two-time a leaguemate who visits the forums, etc.).

I picked Mahomes in 2017, Kyler Murray in 2019, and I had a poster of Joe Montana on my bedroom wall, you don't see me self-anointing as a QB guru. Seriously, if you wanna do it, take 4-5 years and put out clear and unequivocal reports, and let the test of time and peer review determine your guru status.
Cult keepin it 💯.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:18 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:01 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:00 am
Kmani6 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 pm Seems like mike makes a lot of bold takes that are terrible
He also didn’t claim to be the most accurate evaluator of WRs. People only really started dunking on him when he said he was the best at evaluating running backs.
Yes anyone who heavily negatively critiques another posters stance on a player or a position needs to be able to show that they can do better. Many times it is just pot shots from the peanut gallery and I have a feeling those bounce off most respectable posters be it Cameron Giles, lukkynumber13, Dynasty_Delorean or DLF_MikeH.
Sorry, Mike might be your friend or something, but if you’re putting out extremely bold takes and then giving evidence by saying your nearly 100 percent on RB’s in the last 3-4 years with absolutely no quantifiable evidence of that, you’re going to get strong criticism.
Dynasty Team 1:

WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy

Dynasty Team 2:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:49 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:10 pm I like Miller and Riley Ridley as well.
You're just saying that to trade away Ridley to a league mate, aren't you?

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:53 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:49 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:10 pm I like Miller and Riley Ridley as well.
You're just saying that to trade away Ridley to a league mate, aren't you?
Hahaha
Dynasty Team 1:

Dynasty Team 2:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:10 pm

All due respect to Mike though, I know he doesn't claim to be a WR guru. I also take his RB reviews with a grain of salt. No one gets things right 100% of the time (c'mon guys, common sense). I like his process though, and also wish the 3 phrase report was still a thing. It was fun to see holyfield as a thing but immediately drop off after the combine red flags. Just my 0.02

SlimJim958
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SlimJim958 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:52 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:10 pm All due respect to Mike though, I know he doesn't claim to be a WR guru. I also take his RB reviews with a grain of salt. No one gets things right 100% of the time (c'mon guys, common sense). I like his process though, and also wish the 3 phrase report was still a thing. It was fun to see holyfield as a thing but immediately drop off after the combine red flags. Just my 0.02

Agree!

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:13 am

Anthony Miller was a bust on my WR spreadsheet

It does a great job ruling people out and has a higher hit rate than the NFL

Mike's thing is RBs. Mine is WRs

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:17 am

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:13 am Anthony Miller was a bust on my WR spreadsheet

In that case, are you open to critical feedback like myself? ;)

You said this not even a year ago about Miller:
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:17 amwas offered 1.10 for him. not sure I want that deal. I dont really like any wrs better than him at that spot
And obviously there were a ton of great WRs in last years draft while Miller went on to disappoint. So my question is: What changed between then and now? What is this spreadsheet you speak of? How did you create it? What does it say about current rookies in this draft class?
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 am

This board is turning into a bunch of charlatan's. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 am This board is turning into a bunch of charlatan's. :lol:
It's more exciting that way. Opens up for scrutiny and discussion.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:18 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:27 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 am This board is turning into a bunch of charlatan's. :lol:
It's not, though

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 am

Oh yeah, well I thought Indianapolis should’ve drafted Ryan Leaf.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:55 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:18 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:27 am
It's not, though
I have no problem if someone wants to stake a claim. If they merely give an opinion I'll just let them have it and move on. If they stake a claim then that leaves open the door for more questioning and discussion. Putting yourself out there is a challenge and it should be met with encouragement and enthusiasm (imo, obviously).

Johnny B Goode has done just that and now I'm intrigued to see what he has to offer. I'd love to see this spreadsheet!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:26 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:17 am
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:13 am Anthony Miller was a bust on my WR spreadsheet

In that case, are you open to critical feedback like myself? ;)

You said this not even a year ago about Miller:
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:17 amwas offered 1.10 for him. not sure I want that deal. I dont really like any wrs better than him at that spot
And obviously there were a ton of great WRs in last years draft while Miller went on to disappoint. So my question is: What changed between then and now? What is this spreadsheet you speak of? How did you create it? What does it say about current rookies in this draft class?
I ultimately did trade him away. My analysis of the spreadsheet has evolved a lot, since I only created it about a year ago (April 9, 2019 was when I first started diving into the concept)

I can PM you the discussion on the spreadsheet. Not worth rehashing everything here, but its evolved quite a bit over time and this weekend I was able to get it to spit out actual numbers for each player.

For example: Anthony Miller had a 25% chance of hitting and a 79% chance at not hitting
A hit is defined as having at least 1 fantasy season in the top 24 for PPR.

This years draft class is incomplete until the draft is completed

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:40 am

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:26 amFor example: Anthony Miller had a 25% chance of hitting and a 79% chance at not hitting
A hit is defined as having at least 1 fantasy season in the top 24 for PPR.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF