Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 pm

Seems like mike makes a lot of bold takes that are terrible
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Anybody Who Doesn't Get Anthony Miller Will Be Missing Out On The Greatest/Cheapest WR In Years

Postby cantguardjake » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:21 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 pm Seems like mike makes a lot of bold takes that are terrible
They generate discussion though, personally I love them.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:04 am

To be fair, he did admit his takes on anything other than RBs were garbage. Lol

I still think there's some hope for Miller. I'm just really baffled by what happened in Chicago last year. In 2018 Nagy seemed brilliant running this creative, misdirection based offense. Cohen was popping off and Miller had an encouraging rookie season with a bunch of TDs. Last year they draft Monty and seemingly revert to a more traditional offense and the only thing that worked was throwing it up for ARob. I'm sure that's a product of Trubisky not being able to read a defense. And quite frankly if the blocking doesn't improve Foles won't fare much better. I'd buy for a late 2nd. If he costs more than that I'd rather just wait till he's actually trending up.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:00 am

Kmani6 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 pm Seems like mike makes a lot of bold takes that are terrible
He also didn’t claim to be the most accurate evaluator of WRs. People only really started dunking on him when he said he was the best at evaluating running backs.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:26 am

Zacsby wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:04 am To be fair, he did admit his takes on anything other than RBs were garbage. Lol

I still think there's some hope for Miller. I'm just really baffled by what happened in Chicago last year. In 2018 Nagy seemed brilliant running this creative, misdirection based offense. Cohen was popping off and Miller had an encouraging rookie season with a bunch of TDs. Last year they draft Monty and seemingly revert to a more traditional offense and the only thing that worked was throwing it up for ARob. I'm sure that's a product of Trubisky not being able to read a defense. And quite frankly if the blocking doesn't improve Foles won't fare much better. I'd buy for a late 2nd. If he costs more than that I'd rather just wait till he's actually trending up.
I think most of the problems last year can be attributed to the offensive line.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:24 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:00 am
He also didn’t claim to be the most accurate evaluator of WRs. People only really started dunking on him when he said he was the best at evaluating running backs.
I know. It’s really his dramatic nature with some of these *extreme* takes like on Miller, Ballage, and recently JT. While his advice may be sound in some ways, and he may be giving a new perspective I can’t quite tell if he is simply being bold or folly- I’d like to think the later. It does stir up some good discussion though 👍
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:51 am

God I suck at WR evaluation. That's why I stopped doing it. Until I hit a percentage I feel comfortable with I'll probably steer clear of making another WR proclamation like this.

Miller is actually a better value now than he was when I wrote this. He performed well towards the end of the season last year if I remember correctly? The last 2-4 games or whatever, but mostly as a PPR guy. However, I know several Bears fans who hate the kid. He talks a lot and doesn't back it up and drops a lot of passes. Plus he's on the older side so he doesn't much time to grow.

I like his value and the fact that he's entering his third year. I'd easily buy low (third?) if given the chance in a ppr league, but I honestly don't know what to expect.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:01 am

Yes anyone who heavily negatively critiques another posters stance on a player or a position needs to be able to show that they can do better. Many times it is just pot shots from the peanut gallery and I have a feeling those bounce off most respectable posters be it Cameron Giles, lukkynumber13, Dynasty_Delorean or DLF_MikeH.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:06 am

I am normally really good with my wide receiver scouting. However I missed on Anthony Miller. Now running backs on the other hand I am not nearly as successful with. Despite this I only play in two fantasy leagues and I’ve only played for about eight years. So there also is a good chance I’ve just gotten lucky with wide receivers and unlucky with running back’s. Will take a much larger sample size to determine. It’s also important to keep in mind that people who get paid professionally for this miss all the time as well. It’s very difficult to do. I am of the belief that I pick my guys. It’s a lot easier to deal with if they’re bad if I pick them that if I let somebody pick them for me. Plus it’s great when you overpay for a guy like Julio, or Keenan Allan before they take the field and they hit. That is a great feeling. Knowing that you were higher on them than most. It also sucks with a guy like Anthony Miller when you proclaim him the best wide receiver in the draft and he has underperformed considerably compared to other prospects

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:18 am

lic217 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:06 am I am normally really good with my wide receiver scouting. However I missed on Anthony Miller. Now running backs on the other hand I am not nearly as successful with. Despite this I only play in two fantasy leagues and I’ve only played for about eight years. So there also is a good chance I’ve just gotten lucky with wide receivers and unlucky with running back’s. Will take a much larger sample size to determine. It’s also important to keep in mind that people who get paid professionally for this miss all the time as well. It’s very difficult to do. I am of the belief that I pick my guys. It’s a lot easier to deal with if they’re bad if I pick them that if I let somebody pick them for me. Plus it’s great when you overpay for a guy like Julio, or Keenan Allan before they take the field and they hit. That is a great feeling. Knowing that you were higher on them than most. It also sucks with a guy like Anthony Miller when you proclaim him the best wide receiver in the draft and he has underperformed considerably compared to other prospects
Great post! :clap:

Completely agree with the underlined! :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:52 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:01 am
Yes anyone who heavily negatively critiques another posters stance on a player or a position needs to be able to show that they can do better. Many times it is just pot shots from the peanut gallery and I have a feeling those bounce off most respectable posters be it Cameron Giles, lukkynumber13, Dynasty_Delorean or DLF_MikeH.
Boy cow poop!

If you put yourself out there as a RB guru, with a near 100% hit rate, despite the fact that the most NFL scouting departments probably don't hit 50% in their calls of round 1-3 RBs, YOU'RE GONNA GET A LOT OF SCRUTINY.

Also, if you wanna rely on a track record, you need to actually have that track record (and not change it, qualify it, tweak your secret, proprietary magic
formula, or say you hyped a guy cuz you were trying to two-time a leaguemate who visits the forums, etc.).

I picked Mahomes in 2017, Kyler Murray in 2019, and I had a poster of Joe Montana on my bedroom wall, you don't see me self-anointing as a QB guru. Seriously, if you wanna do it, take 4-5 years and put out clear and unequivocal reports, and let the test of time and peer review determine your guru status.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:04 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:51 am God I suck at WR evaluation. That's why I stopped doing it. Until I hit a percentage I feel comfortable with I'll probably steer clear of making another WR proclamation like this.

Miller is actually a better value now than he was when I wrote this. He performed well towards the end of the season last year if I remember correctly? The last 2-4 games or whatever, but mostly as a PPR guy. However, I know several Bears fans who hate the kid. He talks a lot and doesn't back it up and drops a lot of passes. Plus he's on the older side so he doesn't much time to grow.

I like his value and the fact that he's entering his third year. I'd easily buy low (third?) if given the chance in a ppr league, but I honestly don't know what to expect.
Mike, in all honesty, I remembered this piece from a few years back, but had no idea it was you who wrote it. I did not intent to bring more scrutiny on you, you never claimed to be a WR guy, in fact, I believe you claimed the opposite quite some time ago. The reason I bumped the thread is because it went very in depth, and I am thinking Miller may be a buy since his value has dropped. I don't think he will be a big time producer, but more in line with a Crowder type, who is a solid WR3 or bye week guy, who produces decent numbers, and outplays the amount you traded for him. I'm curious if people think he can put up say 65/800/6 this year, with their QB situation.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:04 pmMike, in all honesty, I remembered this piece from a few years back, but had no idea it was you who wrote it. I did not intent to bring more scrutiny on you, you never claimed to be a WR guy, in fact, I believe you claimed the opposite quite some time ago.
I took 0 offense. My position at DLF allows for scrutiny, so I have to embrace it.
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:04 pmThe reason I bumped the thread is because it went very in depth, and I am thinking Miller may be a buy since his value has dropped. I don't think he will be a big time producer, but more in line with a Crowder type, who is a solid WR3 or bye week guy, who produces decent numbers, and outplays the amount you traded for him. I'm curious if people think he can put up say 65/800/6 this year, with their QB situation.
I love this. I think he could be a great off the radar buy low, especially with Foles in town.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:50 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:04 pmMike, in all honesty, I remembered this piece from a few years back, but had no idea it was you who wrote it. I did not intent to bring more scrutiny on you, you never claimed to be a WR guy, in fact, I believe you claimed the opposite quite some time ago.
I took 0 offense. My position at DLF allows for scrutiny, so I have to embrace it.
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:04 pmThe reason I bumped the thread is because it went very in depth, and I am thinking Miller may be a buy since his value has dropped. I don't think he will be a big time producer, but more in line with a Crowder type, who is a solid WR3 or bye week guy, who produces decent numbers, and outplays the amount you traded for him. I'm curious if people think he can put up say 65/800/6 this year, with their QB situation.
I love this. I think he could be a great off the radar buy low, especially with Foles in town.
What value would you say is worth a buy vs the 2020 class? Would you send a 2021 second?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick