General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby Packerland » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:54 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:17 pm
Packerland wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:40 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:04 pm Anybody putting Jefferson ahead of any WR not named Jeudy or Lamb? I have the 1.08 and am thinking of taking him there. Is my ranking here off?

01. JT
02. Swift
03. Jeudy
04. Lamb
05. Dobbins
06. Akers
07. Jefferson

I just have issues with Higgins, Reagor, and Ruggs. IDK.
Those are my top 7 in the exact same order. I would then put Ruggs, Reagor, and Mims next. I have Higgins as a mid second.
Awesome. I don't mind taking a guy at #8 who is "supposed to go" at 12, I mean, who cares, what's four spots, it's all conjecture. But I just haven't been impressed with Ruggs, Reagor, and Higgins, and HAVE BEEN with Jefferson and Mims. So, it's nice to hear from somebody else that I'm not insane. LOL. Another website I frequent has JJ as the #3 WR too, so, that's nice to hear as well.
I think some will change places slightly depending on landing spot. With that being said, that's how I would rank the players now. I know a lot of people like Lamb over Jeudy but I prefer JJ myself.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:22 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:44 pm I hate to ruin the party holding Antonio Gibson under wraps, but that man is a top 5 RB. I’d seriously be surprised if he makes it out of the 3rd round. His versatility, athleticism, and stocky frame gives him a real shot at being a very good weapon at the next level. I think he seriously fits a team like the Chiefs who could look to add a piece to their backfield while also adding WR depth. Not enough production to be a 1st Round Pick, but hot damn I’d seriously be surprised if he isn’t a top 3 Round Pick.
No he's not. He's not even listed as a RB yet. Good upside player with good athleticism who can be a manufactured touch guy, but he's done nothing to justify top 5 RB status.
My only fear is he is Cordelle Patterson.... ughhh

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:58 am

Akers is really growing on me. He might end up being the best receiving back out of the top guys. He has really good hands from what I can see at FSU. Made some really nice catches, and lined up out wide sometimes. Combine more than confirmed that, with some difficult grabs, including that nice 1 handed catch. He was able to make a ridiculous 1 handed grab in a game, too (see below). I don't think he's as nuanced a runner as the other top backs, but is super athletic and explosive. A little more raw, perhaps due to being a HS QB that was also a runner, but I think he is going to be a good NFL back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDfHp8iOaQE
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:58 am Akers is really growing on me. He might end up being the best receiving back out of the top guys. He has really good hands from what I can see at FSU. Combine more than confirmed that, with some difficult grabs, including that ridiculous 1 handed catch. I don't think he's as nuanced a runner as the other top backs, but is super athletic and explosive. A little more raw, perhaps due to being a HS QB that was also a runner, but I think he is going to be a good NFL back.
... and judging by how undisciplined that FSU offense looked, Akers might have been a victim of poor coaching. It does look like he has a lot of natural abilities, it just might take awhile to develop in the NFL. I'm just not quite as certain about him as I am of guys like Dobbins and Swift.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:24 am

Hottoddies wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:22 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:58 am Akers is really growing on me. He might end up being the best receiving back out of the top guys. He has really good hands from what I can see at FSU. Combine more than confirmed that, with some difficult grabs, including that ridiculous 1 handed catch. I don't think he's as nuanced a runner as the other top backs, but is super athletic and explosive. A little more raw, perhaps due to being a HS QB that was also a runner, but I think he is going to be a good NFL back.
... and judging by how undisciplined that FSU offense looked, Akers might have been a victim of poor coaching. It does look like he has a lot of natural abilities, it just might take awhile to develop in the NFL. I'm just not quite as certain about him as I am of guys like Dobbins and Swift.
For sure. I believe he is also the younger back in this class, so a year as a COP back might be a good thing for him, rather than being thrust into a lead role right away, which I don't think he's ready for. Atlanta being the 2nd back to Gurley, spelling him when he has to come out, and taking over for him next year would be great, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:28 am

I think Taylor’s 1.01 status is really going to be called into question. It seems like the mock draft crowd really doesn’t have him in the first, while Swift seems to be solidly in the first round. You’d have to go back to Ryan Mathews over CJ Spiller for the last time the dynasty 1.01 wasn’t the first guy picked at his position, and that was like a 3 pick difference.

I think this is a mistake, and I hope it drops Taylor to me.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Am I the only one that isnt wowed by Mims on tape? I mean ya he was great at the combine but I don't recall any moments watching game tape that made me go wow this guy is a first round NFL pick.
Last edited by DJB on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:51 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:04 pm Anybody putting Jefferson ahead of any WR not named Jeudy or Lamb? I have the 1.08 and am thinking of taking him there. Is my ranking here off?

01. JT
02. Swift
03. Jeudy
04. Lamb
05. Dobbins
06. Akers
07. Jefferson

Jefferson is my #3 WR has been for months. Hes going to get fed passes working the big slot and be a ppr monster

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:57 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:47 pm Am I the only one that isnt wowed by Mims on tape? I mean ya he was great at the combine but I don't recall any moments watching game tape that made me go wow this guy is a first round NFL pick.
I tried to go back find where his combine matches his tape and came up fairly short, I'll listen more closely if he's drafted higher in the NFL draft but at the moment he's on my let someone else draft list of players along with Ruggs. If I miss on either I won't be too disappointed as I still think this class is stacked.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:12 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:57 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:47 pm Am I the only one that isnt wowed by Mims on tape? I mean ya he was great at the combine but I don't recall any moments watching game tape that made me go wow this guy is a first round NFL pick.
I tried to go back find where his combine matches his tape and came up fairly short, I'll listen more closely if he's drafted higher in the NFL draft but at the moment he's on my let someone else draft list of players along with Ruggs. If I miss on either I won't be too disappointed as I still think this class is stacked.
Agreed on all fronts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:23 pm

Each time I watched Mims, awful QB play was the biggest thing that jumped out. Too many times where he panicked under pressure, or missed open receivers because he was zeroing in on someone, or abandoned his reads to run prematurely.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:51 pm

01. JT
02. Swift
03. Jeudy
04. Lamb
05. Dobbins
06. Akers
07. Jefferson

Jefferson is my #3 WR has been for months. Hes going to get fed passes working the big slot and be a ppr monster
Good to hear!
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:13 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:23 pm
Each time I watched Mims, awful QB play was the biggest thing that jumped out. Too many times where he panicked under pressure, or missed open receivers because he was zeroing in on someone, or abandoned his reads to run prematurely.
While I agree on the QB front, I just don't see a big YAC guy, or an amazing seperation guy. I see a jump ball guy with a limited route tree with exceptional combine numbers.

He will probably be over drafted and cost too much, I'll likely not end up with any shares.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:42 pm

https://twitter.com/kennyw97/status/1243307171636490241

can we replace all combine and pro days with these tests? far more interesting

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:18 pm

Percentage of targets by route over the last two seasons:

Thought this was pretty interesting.

Then percentage of receiving yards by route over the last two seasons

Confirming some limited route trees and some players who are actually very diverse with their use.

Makes me want to stay away from Aiyuk. A very, very high dependency on screen routes.

But, Ruggs....very surprising that he and Jeudy were just as diverse in their route tree.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.