Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: The Most Over-Rated 2020 Rookie RB Is...

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 am

Ice wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:02 amI have Taylor in the 1.8 range and the 4th RB but don't really buy he is overrated.
Actually, this might be similar to how I have him. Most people have him as 1.01 or 1.02. I think 1.08 is reasonable (I haven't done my rankings yet) and to me a drop from a top 2 spot to top 8 is huge and the exact definition of overrated.

So we agree. It's just our definition of overrated that differs, lol.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: The Most Over-Rated 2020 Rookie RB Is...

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:31 am

DJB wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:16 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 amI never saw him pass block one time in any of the games I watched.
Doesn't mean he can't or is unable to learn . Will it possibly lead him to being only a two down guy year one ? Melvin Gordon had the same issues coming out as well and now he's pretty good 3 down guy.
I said this. I said he's smart and that he can learn, but taking time out of his first off-season to learn pass blocking when there are far bigger things he needs to work on is going to hinder his growth.

And again, pass blocking is the least of my concerns.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Re: The Most Over-Rated 2020 Rookie RB Is... Jonathan Taylor

Postby MyTeam » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:56 am

I need this post to be deleted because I need him to go 1.1 so I can take Swift and Dobbins 2 and 3.

Please stop informing the community of busts to try and ruin my draft. :lol:
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:19 am

Not sure what games of his you watched, but I went back to watch some tape and the first two I looked at had him pass blocking. I can understand that you have other concerns you feel are more important, but saying he has never pass blocked kind of diminishes your credibility. I give him as a slight edge over the other top backs, but can understand why others don't. He definitely has a different running style than the others and would be dependent on the type of offensive scheme to be successful.

Thanks for the info, though, and I look forward to seeing your fill report.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:39 am

mgscott wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:19 amNot sure what games of his you watched, but I went back to watch some tape and the first two I looked at had him pass blocking.
LINK ME PLEASE? I've searched forever.

And for the record, maybe I need to say this in the original post, pass blocking is the least of my concerns. I'd still like to see his technique though.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:46 am

Thanks for the preview! Will be an interesting year for rookie drafts for many reasons, but specifically the range of player rankings in the top 10.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am

A couple evaluators were impressed with his pass catching drills at his pro-day. The offense rarely passed at all.

Speed and size is his game and that generally works in the NFL...I guess we'll see. That said there will be no buy low opportunity in 2021 but that is more because owners always overcompensate for rookie RB's with splash plays. He'll make a couple great scoring runs and his stock will take years to come back to earth. If you want him you better draft him early
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:20 am

If Taylor is NOT the 1st RB off the board in the NFL draft, does he lose his 1.01 status solely on that?

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:26 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:39 am
mgscott wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:19 amNot sure what games of his you watched, but I went back to watch some tape and the first two I looked at had him pass blocking.
LINK ME PLEASE? I've searched forever.

And for the record, maybe I need to say this in the original post, pass blocking is the least of my concerns. I'd still like to see his technique though.
I PM'd you a link, but here it is for others if wanted. The first game I looked at was 2019 vs Ohio State, but all he does there is chip an outside rusher, so I can understand not counting that. The main one is 2019 vs Iowa. At 1:24 a cut block of an outside rusher, at 3:07 he looks to pass block but when there is no-one there starts to go into a route, at 4:49 he assists on a pass block with a lineman, 5:18 looks like a 1 on 1 block up the middle on a blitzing linebacker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgVytqLfJ6A

And, yes, I understand pass blocking is one of the least of concerns for him, but this should at least show him doing it.

thanks

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:32 am

doesnt Waldman have video.of him pass blocking in his RSP? I swear I saw it there

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:32 am

MyTeam wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:56 am I need this post to be deleted because I need him to go 1.1 so I can take Swift and Dobbins 2 and 3.

Please stop informing the community of busts to try and ruin my draft. :lol:
You have them both over the wide outs?
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:40 am

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:20 am If Taylor is NOT the 1st RB off the board in the NFL draft, does he lose his 1.01 status solely on that?
Not in my books. Not unless he drops to the third round or something. Tons of people still took Guice at 1.02, even though he was the 7th RB off the board. Probably not the best example, but injuries really cut Guice down, not his inability as a football player. If it's the difference between first and 2nd round, I say go with your guy. I took AJB over Hollywood last year, and don't regret it. People that took MT over Treadwell certainly don't. People that took Chubb over Penny and Michel are laughing, etc. etc.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:40 am
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:20 am If Taylor is NOT the 1st RB off the board in the NFL draft, does he lose his 1.01 status solely on that?
Not in my books. Not unless he drops to the third round or something. Tons of people still took Guice at 1.02, even though he was the 7th RB off the board. Probably not the best example, but injuries really cut Guice down, not his inability as a football player. If it's the difference between first and 2nd round, I say go with your guy. I took AJB over Hollywood last year, and don't regret it. People that took MT over Treadwell certainly don't. People that took Chubb over Penny and Michel are laughing, etc. etc.
I get it, but 1.01 has different standards, no? how often is the 1.01 not the guy with the highest draft capital at his position?

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:52 am

I haven’t given anyone 1.01 status yet, so the draft will just be another piece in the puzzle. I’m certainly not anointing a guy a clear cut 1.01 if the NFL doesn’t see them that way. That’s not to say he won’t be my 1.01 if he isn’t the first RB off the board, but it won’t be a cut and dry decision.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:14 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:43 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:40 am
I get it, but 1.01 has different standards, no? how often is the 1.01 not the guy with the highest draft capital at his position?
I mean my first example was 1.02, so it was the 7th player at his position at 1.02. With 1.01, take your guy IMO. It's a big pick for your Dynasty Team, don't make it solely on the fact he wasn't the first guy off the board at his position IMO. With his analytical profile, he's an all time type prospect analytically, so if he's the 2nd or 3rd RB off the board, I see no reason to downgrade him, personally. If you pay no attention to analytics, then I guess you might be more inclined to move him down. I could see an NFL team drafting CEH over him. If I were in charge I wouldn't do that, but I'm not going to let that affect my view on Taylor vs CEH, for instance.

I think he should come off as one of the top few backs. Having a pro day and others not having them helped, I think. JT followed up his strong showing receiving at the combine at his pro day. There are clips out there. Per Randy Moss:

At Wisconsin’s pro day, RB Jonathan Taylor @JayT23 looked like a WR on a couple of downfield routes. As a first-round prospect and with 6,000 yards rushing as a Badger, that’s pretty much all he has left to prove to NFL scouts.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".