Tom Brady: End of an Era?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: End of an Era - Tom Brady

Postby CGW » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:21 am

Tampa wants him badly, but LA makes a lot more sense to me.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:31 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:02 am I hope he signs with San Diego. That's a good team and is close to LA for Brady's Hollywood itch to be scratched.
San Diego is a great place to retire, but not so good for his football prospects. :wink:
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:33 am

LA makes most sense in what TB12 likes to do. And coaching wise you'd be going from Rivers that couldn't throw long anymore to TB who can't throw long anymore. Great.

Oddly enough LA has #12 open for a jersey number. Tampa has Godwin at #12.

When we look back at this years from now it'll be another Favre in NYJ/Minn, Emmitt in ARI, etc.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:18 am

To me the Buccs make no sense considering a lot of their scheme is throwing downfield. They should just resign Winston. Chargers would be the best place for him. His next home will either slightly tarnish his legacy or it will cement it as greatness. Lots of fun stuff going on in football.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:25 am

This sucks. Lifelong Patriots fan. Expected him to finish his career here.

The odds of the Pats ever approaching anything like the golden age of the past two decades are extremely low. And once the coach is gone in just a few more years, they'll be even lower. Maybe any other AFC East team will finally not be a joke after twenty years?

Definitely beyond grateful for all the astounnding success and multiple championships with Tom Brady.

But right now, this still sucks.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 am

DLF3000 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:25 am This sucks. Lifelong Patriots fan. Expected him to finish his career here.

The odds of the Pats ever approaching anything like the golden age of the past two decades are extremely low. And once the coach is gone in just a few more years, they'll be even lower. Maybe any other AFC East team will finally not be a joke after twenty years?

Definitely beyond grateful for all the astounnding success and multiple championships with Tom Brady.

But right now, this still sucks.
Don’t forget to wash your hands before you touch while you wipe those tears....come on, you just had the best 20 year run sport history( not to mention other Boston sports). How long did you expect this to last? Forever? The guy is 43, your lucky he did so well past 37(All credit to him taking care of himself), but come on this had to be expected at one point.

I wouldn’t be so sure about NE being done though. It’s a system and I wouldn’t be surprised if Belichik picks the perfect successor to play in that system. I’m sure he has a lot to prove. Kind of like a Shaq/Kobe thing....it’s a race to who wins a ring first.

Also that organization is amazing, many fans of other teams like me(Dolphins fan) are envious/Jealous of the organization that seems to never make mistakes. If Belichik is ready move, maybe it’s because he’s sees something we don’t.

It is the end of an era though and for most fans we’re happy, but we all have respect for the Goat.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:40 am

I still wouldn't rule out the Raiders ... they jettison Carr & let Marriotta try to learn from Brady for a couple years.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:45 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:40 am I still wouldn't rule out the Raiders ... they jettison Carr & let Marriotta try to learn from Brady for a couple years.
They said they didn't have interest. They were never one of the teams pursuing Brady, supposedly, from local guys. To "jettison" Carr for nothing would be a huge mistake, since he's worth something. Anyway, that's not the plan, as it seems.
Janiel Dones Truther

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:45 am
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:40 am I still wouldn't rule out the Raiders ... they jettison Carr & let Marriotta try to learn from Brady for a couple years.
They said they didn't have interest. They were never one of the teams pursuing Brady, supposedly, from local guys. To "jettison" Carr for nothing would be a huge mistake, since he's worth something. Anyway, that's not the plan, as it seems.
By "jettison" I meant trade not necessarily cut.

FWIW, I think Chargers are most likely but the Raiders would be interesting with all of the draft picks they have & what they potentially could get by trading Carr.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:53 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:45 am
By "jettison" I meant trade not necessarily cut.

FWIW, I think Chargers are most likely but the Raiders would be interesting with all of the draft picks they have & what they potentially could get by trading Carr.
Sure. I think it's the Chargers. He's from Cali, and LA makes so much sense. They have a good D and some weapons. The most likely contender if Brady is there. I think the Raiders are keeping Carr. He progressed from year 1 to year 2 in Gruden's system, and he just lacks outside weapons. He was very good in a lot of areas last year, completion percentage, yards per attempt, etc. He's always been a good 4th quarter QB, too. I think this is the big year for him, it will be crucial to his future, but I do believe he's the Raiders starter. It makes the most sense to go into a new building with a guy who knows the offense well and can run it a at a high level.
Janiel Dones Truther

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:08 am

Flatlander19
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flatlander19 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:12 am

If it's true and he signs with Tampa, who on the team benefits most with Brady at QB? Godwin or Evans?
Team 1
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB,3WR,1TE, flex
QB Lawrence, Garoppollo
RB Barkley, Jacobs, Mack, Ingram,T Coleman, Gallman,E Benjamin
WR Jefferson, Mclaurin, Godwin, E Moore, Reagor, Campbell, Hardman
TE Kittle, Tonyan
Team 2
10 team Half PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE
QB J Allen, Tua, Mayfield
RB JT, Zeke, CEH, Sanders, Javontae Williams, Drake, Penny
WR AJ Brown, Chase, DJ Moore, Ridley, Mclaurin, Amon Ra St Brown, M Williams, Davis, Campbell
TE Hockenson, Engram
Team 3
10 team Non PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def
QB Wilson, Lance, Z Wilson, Cousins
RB Jones, Akers, Sanders, Coleman, Pollard
WR M Thomas, AJ Brown, Golladay, DJ Moore, OBJ, Jeudy, Mims, Davis
TE Kittle, Gesicki,
K Koo, Sanders
DEF Colts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:14 am

Flatlander19 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:12 am If it's true and he signs with Tampa, who on the team benefits most with Brady at QB? Godwin or Evans?
Both. Brady will target whoever has the better matchup for the Defense. He's a master. He's never had weapons like this before. OJH might even get a slight uptick, although that system just isn't built for a TE in the receiving game.
Janiel Dones Truther

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:18 am

Flatlander19 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:12 am If it's true and he signs with Tampa, who on the team benefits most with Brady at QB? Godwin or Evans?
OJ Howard

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:18 am

I like it for the receivers. Brady is still very good, I’ll be excited to see him in a wide open offense.