Hunter Henry

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Hunter Henry

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:27 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:17 pm I think it's pretty ridiculous to call HH injury prone. Hes had one pretty fluky injury, same thing as deshaun watskn
It's been more than one, but I tend to agree that the injuries aren't ones that I worry about recurring. Now if he has another random injury this year, then yeah he's just made of glass

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:27 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:17 pm I think it's pretty ridiculous to call HH injury prone. Hes had one pretty fluky injury, same thing as deshaun watskn
It's been more than one, but I tend to agree that the injuries aren't ones that I worry about recurring. Now if he has another random injury this year, then yeah he's just made of glass
Henry has had a concussion, an ACL tear, a lacerated Kidney and a knee fracture in 3 seasons. I don't know what injury prone is, if it's not an injury plus every year. Guys call Wentz injury prone, but he's had an ACL/LCL, back and head injury, in 4 seasons. One less, in one more season, for instance. Based on HH injuries, he's more likely (prone) to be hurt than a player who hasn't had as many. It could just be bad luck, but he seems more likely to suffer that bad luck than others. I don't really hold the concussion as much to worry about, as sadly it's a part of football, for most players at one time or another. Unless you are like Cooks who has had a bunch of them, then you need to start worrying about those more.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm
Henry has had a concussion, an ACL tear, a lacerated Kidney and a knee fracture in 3 seasons. I don't know what injury prone is, if it's not an injury plus every year. Guys call Wentz injury prone, but he's had an ACL/LCL, back and head injury, in 4 seasons. One less, in one more season, for instance. Based on HH injuries, he's more likely (prone) to be hurt than a player who hasn't had as many. It could just be bad luck, but he seems more likely to suffer that bad luck than others. I don't really hold the concussion as much to worry about, as sadly it's a part of football, for most players at one time or another. Unless you are like Cooks who has had a bunch of them, then you need to start worrying about those more.
But you think a lacerated kidney is something to hold agaisnt him? Of all the injuries he's sustained, the concussion is the only one that gives me any level of concern about him health-wise as that can become reoccurring. The ACL was just taking a bad step on a non-contact drill in the offseason and broken bones typically don't go on to be issues unless there is nerve damage or something, but he came back fine from that so no reason to be concerned. He went through college without any injury issues, but in the NFL just had some bad luck with several completely unrelated injuries that could happen to any football player at anytime.

As for Tyrod, I think he would actually be excellent for Henry's fantasy production, he targets the TE a lot and made Charles Clay a weekly starter. Even Henry's biggest detractors will acknowledge Henry is a massive step up from Clay as a receiving talent. I think Henry is in or near the top 5 of TEs this year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:25 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:04 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm

But you think a lacerated kidney is something to hold agaisnt him? Of all the injuries he's sustained, the concussion is the only one that gives me any level of concern about him health-wise as that can become reoccurring. The ACL was just taking a bad step on a non-contact drill in the offseason and broken bones typically don't go on to be issues unless there is nerve damage or something, but he came back fine from that so no reason to be concerned. He went through college without any injury issues, but in the NFL just had some bad luck with several completely unrelated injuries that could happen to any football player at anytime.

As for Tyrod, I think he would actually be excellent for Henry's fantasy production, he targets the TE a lot and made Charles Clay a weekly starter. Even Henry's biggest detractors will acknowledge Henry is a massive step up from Clay as a receiving talent. I think Henry is in or near the top 5 of TEs this year.
No. Look, people can try and justify or explain the injuries however they want, it's irrelevant. In his 3 years in the league, he's shown to be a player that gets hurt. As I previously stated "it could just be bad luck, but he seems more likely to suffer that bad luck than others." That's just how it is. Sure that list of injuries could happen to anyone at any time, but they didn't. They happened to him.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:25 pm No. Look, people can try and justify or explain the injuries however they want, it's irrelevant. In his 3 years in the league, he's shown to be a player that gets hurt. As I previously stated "it could just be bad luck, but he seems more likely to suffer that bad luck than others." That's just how it is. Sure that list of injuries could happen to anyone at any time, but they didn't. They happened to him.
I think you're being fair by the letter of the law of "injury prone". However, and I know you love me - but! Devils advocate:

This is not like a repeat tear of the same ACL, or a problematic knee in a degenerative state a la Gurley. These are randomised football injuries, and he has recovered from each appearing no worse for wear.

The point being - that there is still a valuable dynasty asset there, who is immensely skilled, and isn't damaged goods (yet)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:53 pm

mild wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:43 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:25 pm No. Look, people can try and justify or explain the injuries however they want, it's irrelevant. In his 3 years in the league, he's shown to be a player that gets hurt. As I previously stated "it could just be bad luck, but he seems more likely to suffer that bad luck than others." That's just how it is. Sure that list of injuries could happen to anyone at any time, but they didn't. They happened to him.
I think you're being fair by the letter of the law of "injury prone". However, and I know you love me - but! Devils advocate:

This is not like a repeat tear of the same ACL, or a problematic knee in a degenerative state a la Gurley. These are randomised football injuries, and he has recovered from each appearing no worse for wear.

The point being - that there is still a valuable dynasty asset there, who is immensely skilled, and isn't damaged goods (yet)
No doubt. Not arguing that.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:09 pm

His injuries are more Keenan Allen than Todd Gurley or even Will Fuller (recurring soft tissue).
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:26 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:09 pm His injuries are more Keenan Allen than Todd Gurley or even Will Fuller (recurring soft tissue).
Except Henry had an ACL tear which is exactly what led to Gurley's arthritis. Probably not the best example to use.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:51 am

djeternal2 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:26 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:09 pm His injuries are more Keenan Allen than Todd Gurley or even Will Fuller (recurring soft tissue).
Except Henry had an ACL tear which is exactly what led to Gurley's arthritis. Probably not the best example to use.
Yeah 1000 carries later... they play different positions, so the example was fine. How many professional athletes that tear their ACLs end up with Gurley degenerative knee case?
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:53 am

Hunter Henry catching passes from Tom Brady sounds like the makings of a great 2020 season for him. I hope Brady chooses LA.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 am

Except Keenan Allen ALSO suffered an ACL tear in 2016...

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:06 am

Kmani6 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:51 am
Yeah 1000 carries later... they play different positions, so the example was fine. How many professional athletes that tear their ACLs end up with Gurley degenerative knee case?
Well the degenerative knee case you are talking about is arthritis. And arthritis is likely for anyone who has had ACL reconstructive surgery. We just usually don't hear about it because for most players it happens towards the end of the career or after. But Gurley has shown it can happen sooner rather than later. Some docs are already talking about Tua having arthritis in his hip and does it develop in 5 years? 10 years? No way to know until it happens.
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson

LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:08 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 am
Except Keenan Allen ALSO suffered an ACL tear in 2016...
I had forgotten about Keenan's ACL. So are you saying the poster meant Henry's ACL tear is more like Keenan's ACL than Gurley's? If so, I'm glad we got a bunch of doctors on the boards here.
QB - Ryan, Wentz

LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:20 am

I like the prospects of Brady to Henry. Maybe one of the best potential outcomes for Henry.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:16 am

CGW wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:20 am I like the prospects of Brady to Henry. Maybe one of the best potential outcomes for Henry.
:thumbup:
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted