Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby mild » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Back when he was a Raider, on the night of our rookie draft, he was sold for a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd in a blockbuster beer-infused draft night trade.

The league chat banter around this price ever since has been positively BRUTAL :lol:

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:30 pm

mild wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:51 pm Back when he was a Raider, on the night of our rookie draft, he was sold for a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd in a blockbuster beer-infused draft night trade.

The league chat banter around this price ever since has been positively BRUTAL :lol:
He was acquired in the off-season in my league for Diggs + 2020 1st + 2021 1st (got back 2 2nds). As much as we give him sh!t for the trade, he won the championship this year anyway :lol:
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:11 am

SteelLake wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:15 pm Not to be "that guy", but I'm seeing this everywhere the Court - appointed evaluation as some type of insult to AB / court noticing there is an issue.

This is basically a boilerplate / entirely standard thing Courts give to everyone after arraignment as condition of release. (You'll notice the drug / alcohol evaluation too, when been no evidence of that). Its just the basic 2 tests they require of everyone.

Hopefully it leads to him getting some help though. I doubt he's taking it seriously though.

Source: lawyer.
This is definitely not the case in every state (and not in mine), but I believe you are correct that it is what is happening here. I think court ordering that at arraignment is excessive and glad my state doesn't operate this way.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:24 am

So AB is going on the apology tour right now. Appears he's seeing somebody, and listening to somebody....for now. What's his prognosis for 2020? I think he plays, at some point, but who takes a shot at him?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:42 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:24 am So AB is going on the apology tour right now. Appears he's seeing somebody, and listening to somebody....for now. What's his prognosis for 2020? I think he plays, at some point, but who takes a shot at him?
I get that the guy is talented, but he's clearly a cancer in the locker room. I think he could go to a team that has Brady on it, if he leaves NE. I could also see teams like the Eagles, Seahawks, Saints(who checked in on him last year) or maybe even the Cowboys taking a chance on him. The Dallas/Cooper situation will be one to monitor with them. I traded him last year for a 2021 2nd because I thought he played his last down in the NFL, could be wrong though.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:04 am

Packerland wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:42 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:24 am So AB is going on the apology tour right now. Appears he's seeing somebody, and listening to somebody....for now. What's his prognosis for 2020? I think he plays, at some point, but who takes a shot at him?
I get that the guy is talented, but he's clearly a cancer in the locker room. I think he could go to a team that has Brady on it, if he leaves NE. I could also see teams like the Eagles, Seahawks, Saints(who checked in on him last year) or maybe even the Cowboys taking a chance on him. The Dallas/Cooper situation will be one to monitor with them. I traded him last year for a 2021 2nd because I thought he played his last down in the NFL, could be wrong though.
I am a Raiders fan, trust me, I agree with you. I just know the NFL, and with guys like Hunt still playing (lesser talent, comparatively) despite multiple off field issues, I think there is a team out of 32 that will take a shot.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:09 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:04 am
I am a Raiders fan, trust me, I agree with you. I just know the NFL, and with guys like Hunt still playing (lesser talent, comparatively) despite multiple off field issues, I think there is a team out of 32 that will take a shot.
I'm sure someone will give him another shot as talent usually wins out. It's strange though because T.O had less issues off the field than AB and he really never got another shot later in his career. Also, did not know that you were a Raiders fan, really like them going forward if they can get some stability from Carr at QB and add some play makers at WR. Crosby was a nice surprise last year as well but could add some talent at LB and at DB. Will be interesting to see what they do with their 2 firsts this year.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:20 pm

Packerland wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:09 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:04 am

I'm sure someone will give him another shot as talent usually wins out. It's strange though because T.O had less issues off the field than AB and he really never got another shot later in his career. Also, did not know that you were a Raiders fan, really like them going forward if they can get some stability from Carr at QB and add some play makers at WR. Crosby was a nice surprise last year as well but could add some talent at LB and at DB. Will be interesting to see what they do with their 2 firsts this year.
At age 37 T.O. had 72 receptions for 983 and 9 TD's......AB is 31

Don't see the T.O linkage as relevant at all given the huge age difference.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:39 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-be ... n-reunion/

Anything is possible I suppose but a Steeler reunion seems unlikely!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:59 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:39 pm https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-be ... n-reunion/

Anything is possible I suppose but a Steeler reunion seems unlikely!
He burned that bridge, pissed on it, gave it cryotherapy, built a new bridge, scored a TD, burned that bridge and then stomped on that bridge and made all the other bridges afraid of him

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:58 pm

Someone will sign him no doubt. He will screw up again, almost no doubt.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:37 am

More rumblings of TB wanting to bring AB with him. Anything to see here? What would TB look like with that WR corps?

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:29 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:37 am More rumblings of TB wanting to bring AB with him. Anything to see here? What would TB look like with that WR corps?

This is a depiction of what it would look like. A sandbox, 3-4 kids, and only 1 shovel that AB would undoubtedly have a death grip on. And if he wasn't holding the shovel he'd be crying to mommy. Stay clear.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:57 am

I couldn't imagine being a team trying to create a championship culture and then bringing in Antonio Brown. Too many distractions and you can find competent #3 receivers in the draft or free agency who won't give you headaches.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:04 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:57 am I couldn't imagine being a team trying to create a championship culture and then bringing in Antonio Brown. Too many distractions and you can find competent #3 receivers in the draft or free agency who won't give you headaches.
Oh, but he’s changed. Haven’t you seen his apology tour?
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst