GOAT
GOAT

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:25 pm

Farley wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:12 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Farley wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:00 pm

Nope.

Just someone who owns his mistakes and expects others to as well. And someone who actually appreciates your work as it offers great insight.

But we can’t be right with every prediction. And you are probably the last one on here who can say that CEH can’t be stylistically compared to CMC as a prospects because CMC was thought of as “special” after his combine. Simply put, you felt the opposite at the time.

Unfortunately reality is not as revisable as your model.
At the time yes. Now, no. Pretty simple to understand, if you’re not a troll that is...
And the discussion was centered around comparing CEH to CMC as PROSPECTS. So the “at the time” part is pretty relevant.

Obviously we all know CMC is a beast now.
CMC was drafted 8th overall. You're "at the time" part is a joke. He put up almost 2700 yards from scrimmage as a sophomore, and almost 1900 as a junior playing 3 less games. He won awards. He then tested far better athletically than CEH did. CEH did basically nothing until he was the lead RB in arguably the greatest offense of all time last year, his only productive year. You really haven't established any legitamate argument, here. The way I see it, you know you don't have one, and are just giving one to two sentence distractive posts in the hopes of winning an argument you've already lost.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:25 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:05 pm

At the time yes. Now, no. Pretty simple to understand, if you’re not a troll that is...
And the discussion was centered around comparing CEH to CMC as PROSPECTS. So the “at the time” part is pretty relevant.

CMC was drafted 8th overall. He put up almost 2700 yards from scrimmage as a sophomore, and almost 1900 as a junior playing 3 less games. He then tested far better athletically than CEH did. CEH did basically nothing until he was the lead RB in arguably the greatest offense of all time last year, his only productive year. You really haven't established any legitamate argument, here. The way I see it, you know you don't have one, and are just giving one sentence distractive posts in the hopes of winning an argument you've already lost. :D
You going to put it on the line?

You’re not even reading what’s being posted. And you’re just listing facts that you know everyone already knows.

It appears that some folks measure their success with championships and other with quantity of posts or perceived arguments won. In that case, you’re the champ bro.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Farley wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:30 pm

CMC was drafted 8th overall. He put up almost 2700 yards from scrimmage as a sophomore, and almost 1900 as a junior playing 3 less games. He then tested far better athletically than CEH did. CEH did basically nothing until he was the lead RB in arguably the greatest offense of all time last year, his only productive year. You really haven't established any legitamate argument, here. The way I see it, you know you don't have one, and are just giving one sentence distractive posts in the hopes of winning an argument you've already lost. :D

You’re not even reading what’s being posted. And you’re just listing facts that you know everyone already knows already.
Explain how they are similar prospects, because they aren't.

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:35 pm

You’re not even reading what’s being posted. And you’re just listing facts that you know everyone already knows already.
-Both are RBs
-Like football
-commonly have their names shortened to three letters

Should I go on?
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:48 pm

mild wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:58 pm CEH easily.

This is a passing league. Natural pass catching RB's are the future.
And where would you put him in your top ten rankings?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:52 pm

ToddFarthouse wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:45 pm

-Both are RBs
-Like football

Should I go on?
Sure, because this is pretty bad, and I hope sarcasm? :lol: :wink:

BTW, I will. First 3 years in the league, in PPR scoring, CEH won't touch 75% of CMC's.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:52 pm

-Both are RBs
-Like football

Should I go on?

BTW, I will. First 3 years in the league, in PPR scoring, CEH won't touch 75% of CMC's.
LMAO. That's you "putting it on the line"? Holy crap. What a bold prediction. And soooo much at stake!

Putting on the line is joining me in a $1250 or $2500 startup. Come on, pup. Let's do it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Farley wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:29 pm

-Both are RBs
-Like football

Should I go on?

LMAO. That's you "putting it on the line"? Holy crap. What a bold prediction. And soooo much at stake!

Putting on the line is joining me in a $1250 or $2500 startup. Come on, pup. Let's do it.
So giving 25 percent on a "comparable prospect" isn't putting it on the line? I guess we've established it's not comparable if you want 2 for 1.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:13 am

-Both are RBs
-Like football

Should I go on?

It's a poor comp, you being chip leader and raising people till fold doesn't make your 2/7 any better.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:03 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:48 pm
mild wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:58 pm CEH easily.

This is a passing league. Natural pass catching RB's are the future.
And where would you put him in your top ten rankings?
RBs:

1 Taylor
2 Swift
3 Dobbins
4 Akers
5 CEH

Overall:

1 Taylor
2 Swift
3 Lamb
4 Jeudy
5 Dobbins
6 Akers
7 Higgins
8 Reagor
9 Ruggs
10 Jefferson
11 Shenault
12 CEH

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:15 am

If you're gonna argue so hard for a player, maybe explain why, put some facts or predictions or rankings out there, you know... something quantitative besides how much you spend to get into your FFL... Don't be a pretentious tool when people ask you about said bold prediction either. Just my 2 cents

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:51 am

I'm not going to compare CEH to CMC as players. But we should be discussing CEH vs the other 2020 rookie RBs. In a PPR league, I have CEH number 1 RB due to his known skill set in the passing game. Every other RB we are projecting and hoping they will produce the passing game. I'm going with the guy that I know will.

Plus he demonstrates every other aspect of playing RB very well. Is he a one hit wonder? Sure, but I'd argue Burrow is a higher risk for being a one hit wonder than CEH.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:11 am

-Both are RBs
-Like football

Should I go on?

What are the details on the startup?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:18 am

This is why we need separate threads for players... so I dont have to read through this garbage to try and find some real insight

Just because you're the loudest in the room doesnt make what youre saying right

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:38 am

-Both are RBs
-Like football

Should I go on?

:lol: :lol: Your response to being unable to create any relevant argument is to basically start a pissing contest with whoever you are arguing with because there’s no relevant information to back you up :lol: :lol: . Honestly laughable.
I tried to be nice, but bottom line CEH doesn’t compare to McCaffrey outside of being an adept pass catching RB.
I think another key point here is to say that just because he isn’t McCaffrey, doesn’t mean he can’t be a solid/good RB at the NFL level. I never said he’s a piece of garbage at the NFL level, I just thought him being compared to McCaffrey had literally zero substance
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards