Favorite Prospect to Team Fits

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

The 2020 Rookie Landing Spots thread

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:32 am

Yup, I'm going there. And since you clicked, it means so too are you.

No one wants to skim through 186 pages to get specific info on landing spots. So lets discuss here in the lead-up to the 2020 NFL Draft and then reassess thereafter.
Last edited by Cult of Dionysus on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2020 Rookie Landing Spots thread

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:56 am

I think the Bears take a QB. Fight me.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:06 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:56 am I think the Bears take a QB. Fight me.
I'm hoping Anthony Gordon or Hurts.

And A. Trautman
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:19 pm

I think the bears have their eyes set on a QB in free agency. Doesn't mean they won't add a rookie, just don't see it yet.

Seems like these mock type guesses of landing spots never turn out the way the fantasy community expects/wants. Maybe we should go with perceived bad landing spots so we are more accurate.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:26 pm

Buffalo
Pitt
Baltimore
Seattle
LA

Etc.

Lotta potentially bad spots.
Last edited by Cult of Dionysus on Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:27 pm

CGW wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:19 pm I think the bears have their eyes set on a QB in free agency. Doesn't mean they won't add a rookie, just don't see it yet.

Seems like these mock type guesses of landing spots never turn out the way the fantasy community expects/wants. Maybe we should go with perceived bad landing spots so we are more accurate.
... or just wait until after the draft for the most accuracy. Until then it's just meaningless speculation.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:36 pm

The Dolphins take Tua with their early first, and Swift and Taylor with their later firsts. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:10 pm

I think the Raiders end up with Jeudy. They entered the season with big plans for the X receiver, and had to alter it when Brown went crazy. So, I think Jeudy makes sense for them there.

Looking at the Dolphins for an RB at 18.

Eagles haven't been afraid to draft high on WRs. Can see them looking for a deep threat at 21 like Ruggs.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:31 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:10 pm I think the Raiders end up with Jeudy. They entered the season with big plans for the X receiver, and had to alter it when Brown went crazy. So, I think Jeudy makes sense for them there.

Looking at the Dolphins for an RB at 18.

Eagles haven't been afraid to draft high on WRs. Can see them looking for a deep threat at 21 like Ruggs.
As a Raiders fan, this works for me. I think he'd be a better fit for Gruden's offense than Lamb, who I see getting mocked there. I also would not be surprised if they go double Defense in the first, and use a couple of thirds on WR's. Mayock has alluded to first round WR's being over rated in the past, and with the depth at the position, I would not be surprised to see them balk at the position in the first.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Yeah, probably 90% of the mocks that I look at on a daily basis have the Raiders taking Jeudy, definitely makes sense. The only team that drafts earlier, that I see taking him, in mocks, is the Cardinals at #8 but it seems like Lamb would make more sense there, with the K.Murray connection, assuming they went WR.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:24 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:54 pm Yeah, probably 90% of the mocks that I look at on a daily basis have the Raiders taking Jeudy, definitely makes sense. The only team that drafts earlier, that I see taking him, in mocks, is the Cardinals at #8 but it seems like Lamb would make more sense there, with the K.Murray connection, assuming they went WR.
I don’t understand how in gods name the cardinals can take a WR. Their defense is bad and their O line is bad. If they take a WR in the 1st round they should just quit being an NFL franchise. Just needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:28 pm

ckrumm24 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:24 pm I don’t understand how in gods name the cardinals can take a WR. Their defense is bad and their O line is bad. If they take a WR in the 1st round they should just quit being an NFL franchise. Just needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.
Kyler is already quoted as saying that if it was his pick, it would be Ceedee Lamb.

Now, that might just be posturing for the FO to go out there and admit that - but I don't think they'd actually say it readily if that was truly the plan.

On the other hand - if the guy you just handed the keys to the kingdom pounds his fist on the table to "get his guy" then you're kind of over a barrel to appease him...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:38 pm

mild wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:28 pm
ckrumm24 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:24 pm I don’t understand how in gods name the cardinals can take a WR. Their defense is bad and their O line is bad. If they take a WR in the 1st round they should just quit being an NFL franchise. Just needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.
Kyler is already quoted as saying that if it was his pick, it would be Ceedee Lamb.

Now, that might just be posturing for the FO to go out there and admit that - but I don't think they'd actually say it readily if that was truly the plan.

On the other hand - if the guy you just handed the keys to the kingdom pounds his fist on the table to "get his guy" then you're kind of over a barrel to appease him...
They really don't have to worry about Kyler to that level. If the QB got to play GM too, they'd be in trouble. You can just tell Kyler to stick to playing QB. I honestly think it would be bad for Kyler to get Lamb. That pick needs to be OL with the talent in this draft. I don't think any WR should be going top 10, personally. The Cards should be keeping little Kyler from getting killed, and the top of the draft has the OL that will help do that. I hardly think Kyler would be out there saying stuff like that, without consent, like you suggested.

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 am

Well I guess they like to be average at best if that’s the way they operate. Go find me any SB team over at least the last 15 years who didn’t have a top 10 OL (someone subjective) and/or a top 10 defense. MAYBE, you’ll find one? Okay, done detailing the thread now. Sorry!
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:55 am

ckrumm24 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 am

Well I guess they like to be average at best if that’s the way they operate. Go find me any SB team over at least the last 15 years who didn’t have a top 10 OL (someone subjective) and/or a top 10 defense. MAYBE, you’ll find one? Okay, done detailing the thread now. Sorry!
As a life long Detroit fan (Remember the Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Calvin Johnson run?) I have to strongly agree with @ckrumm24. It’s easy to get excited for the fancy positions on draft day as a fan but if Arizona wants to help Kyler succeed, they need to draft big boys that the average fan has never heard of. Afterward Kyler can then help the fancy positions succeed.

However, this is fantasy football so...Lamb to Arizona sounds great.