Kyler Murray/Joe Burrow

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Kyler Murray/Joe Burrow

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:27 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:25 pm Burrow is the better QB coming out of college, no question IMO. However Kyler went to an ideal situation to maximize his skill set. I have huge reservations about the Bengals franchise, they are one of the worst. Not teams, but franchise. Ownership and structure. I'd probably lean Kyler due to this, but in a vacuum, I'd take Joe, because he's the better QB IMO. Kyler is no slouch, though, and it's close enough that I'd probably lean that way. Kyler was good this year in the pros. Nothing special, but very solid. I think Burrow will be too. It's really close for me.
Solid well-thought out response. :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

j2cain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby j2cain » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:50 am

Thanks for the responses.

Basically I’m sitting with Baker. Haskins. Brisket in a SF and currently hold the 1.1 Team is very young with some upside at positions. Currently holding 1.8 as well, so deciding on if I should even offer the 1.1 for Kyler - other team has Wilson/Darnold/Kyler and is weak at RB, so was looking to spin it as a way he can take the best RB or QB depending on his direction

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:39 pm

I prefer Kyler, both as prospects and also as dynasty assets.

Prospect-wise I got wow moments watching Kyler, often displays of athleticism or arm talent, that I believed would translate to the NFL quickly and effectively. I think they mostly did and he acquitted himself well in his rookie year. As FantasyFreak put very well, he is an ideal situation to be wildly successful as a fantasy point scorer.

Burrow as a talent doesn't strike me the same way, though he does have bankable skills, they seem lower upside to me. I attribute some of Burrows success to his team mates and to the scheme he played in this season. In contrast, I don't believe the Bengals as an organization will manage their talent, scheme, or culture in a way that sets Burrow up for success. I hope I'm wrong about that, but for now I choose to take this feeling into account.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:31 am

j2cain wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:50 am Thanks for the responses.

Basically I’m sitting with Baker. Haskins. Brisket in a SF and currently hold the 1.1 Team is very young with some upside at positions. Currently holding 1.8 as well, so deciding on if I should even offer the 1.1 for Kyler - other team has Wilson/Darnold/Kyler and is weak at RB, so was looking to spin it as a way he can take the best RB or QB depending on his direction
Doubt the 1.01 gets Kyler, he was the 1.01 last year, and won rookie of the year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:59 am

DynoScout wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:39 pm I prefer Kyler, both as prospects and also as dynasty assets.

Prospect-wise I got wow moments watching Kyler, often displays of athleticism or arm talent, that I believed would translate to the NFL quickly and effectively. I think they mostly did and he acquitted himself well in his rookie year. As FantasyFreak put very well, he is an ideal situation to be wildly successful as a fantasy point scorer.

Burrow as a talent doesn't strike me the same way, though he does have bankable skills, they seem lower upside to me. I attribute some of Burrows success to his team mates and to the scheme he played in this season. In contrast, I don't believe the Bengals as an organization will manage their talent, scheme, or culture in a way that sets Burrow up for success. I hope I'm wrong about that, but for now I choose to take this feeling into account.
I think Burrow shows skills I haven't seen from a college QB in a long time, including Kyler. The arm strength isn't elite, but his pocket presence, ability to handle pressure, and make anticipatory throws and the accuracy on them are on another level to anything I've seen from Kyler or any prospect in a while. Kyler definitely has some things Joe doesn't too, don't get me wrong. I don't think we can mention scheme and teammates for Joe and not do the same for Kyler at OU. He had Hollywood and Ceedee Lamb to throw to, and Riley is an offensive mastermind in college, so I think both players had great talent around them, and a scheme to maximize it.

However, my major concern is the Bengals, and I agree. I don't trust them. I still think Burrow will be a successful FF QB, but I don't trust the Bengals to maximize his potential. Mike Brown is a terrible owner.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DynastyIsDaBest
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DynastyIsDaBest » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:31 am
j2cain wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:50 am Thanks for the responses.

Doubt the 1.01 gets Kyler, he was the 1.01 last year, and won rookie of the year.
As a Kyler owner, it would take a lot more than the 1.01 to make the trade for me ^