Baker mayfield

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Baker mayfield

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:33 pm Anyway, back to Baker. Do you think we see a more Minnesota like offense this year? Focus on the run and play action? Less attempts but more efficiency based? Curious how much the new coach brings with him from that system.
Doesn't matter, there will be a new one in '21.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:33 pm Anyway, back to Baker. Do you think we see a more Minnesota like offense this year? Focus on the run and play action? Less attempts but more efficiency based? Curious how much the new coach brings with him from that system.
A heightened focus on play-action seems lie a no-brainer.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:48 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:48 pm
As someone who bought into the Browns hype machine last season when they brought in loads of individual talent, the above quote is warranted.

This organization has a terrible history to overcome.

Baker can certainly play but in the end he has to grow up, take on sincere leadership, and needs a coach that will teach him the nuance of adulthood.

No telling if the new regime will make a difference but Baker desperately needs to develop his skills. Hopefully for him he takes a page out of the Mahomes and Lamar's playbook and builds up his team while he spends his days focusing on his craft.

The raw talent is obvious, the humble leadership skills required are yet to be determined and concerning.

The Browns were a team in name only last season. Kevin Stefanski has his hands full to get this crew of individual stars to actually play as a team.

Baker is a QB2 in fantasy with equal parts risk and upside.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 am

Ice wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:48 am
As someone who bought into the Browns hype machine last season when they brought in loads of individual talent, the above quote is warranted.

Baker can certainly play but in the end he has to grow up, take on sincere leadership, and needs a coach that will teach him the nuance of adulthood.

No telling if the new regime will make a difference but Baker desperately needs to develop his skills. Hopefully for him he takes a page out of the Mahomes and Lamar's playbook and builds up his team while he spends his days focusing on his craft.

The raw talent is obvious, the humble leadership skills required are yet to be determined and concerning.

The Browns were a team in name only last season. Kevin Stefanski has his hands full to get this crew of individual stars to actually play as a team.

Yeah, I thought Baker was massively over valued last year at QB2-3 in Dynasty, and still think he is, being around 8. He doesn't have the ability to overcome this franchise, IMO. 3rd coach in 3 years, no strong foundation of leadership around. etc. Pity a guy like Joe Thomas wasn't still there.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:55 am

4th coach in 3 years, he had 2 HCs as a rookie, and basically 3rd offense since I'm sure Freddie changed things in year 2 after having to keep most of Todd Haley had in place after being let go mid-season with a rookie QB.

There's certainly reason to be optimistic about Baker solely due to the skill position talent on the roster and the accuracy he showed in college, but the organization is an absolute joke and I will be surprised if Stefanski is still the HC going into the '22-'23 season. Baker's career is on a slippery slope, both because of his performance and the way he conducts himself and because of the incompetence of the organization he plays for; not a good combination...

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:08 pm

Thats bold cotton, well see if that works out for you

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 am

Yeah, I thought Baker was massively over valued last year at QB2-3 in Dynasty, and still think he is, being around 8. He doesn't have the ability to overcome this franchise, IMO. 3rd coach in 3 years, no strong foundation of leadership around. etc. Pity a guy like Joe Thomas wasn't still there.
He's 8th, jesus I thought he was being undervalued after his terrible year but apparently not.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:12 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 pm

He's 8th, jesus I thought he was being undervalued after his terrible year but apparently not.
He's currently 10 on DLF, but I've seen him higher.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:12 pm
AussieMate wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 pm

He's currently 10 on DLF, but I've seen him higher.
Even 10 is a touch high for me atm, I just assumed people had soured on him more and I might be able to buy for a discount this offseason. Off the top of my head I'd take Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Murry, Allen, Burrow, Wentz, Prescott, Ryan, Winston, Tannahil, Rodgers, Jones, Wilson. Probs missing some and a few you could argue me around like Winston and Jones, also the order is definitely not my rankings.

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 pm

Mark it down bold statement baker has a total of 40 touchdowns next year with throwing and rushing combined.
38 throwing 2 rushing. Somebody screenshot and call me a dumbass next offseason. And that’s his low cieling I have for him going into the season with stefanski. I think they address the o line and call a lot more play action and are less predictable. The kid set rookie throwing tds a year ago and didn’t play a whole season. Remember how Lamar will never be a good passer last year? Zzzzzz

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:34 pm

purplepride28 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 pm Mark it down bold statement baker has a total of 40 touchdowns next year with throwing and rushing combined.
38 throwing 2 rushing. Somebody screenshot and call me a dumbass next offseason. And that’s his low cieling I have for him going into the season with stefanski. I think they address the o line and call a lot more play action and are less predictable. The kid set rookie throwing tds a year ago and didn’t play a whole season. Remember how Lamar will never be a good passer last year? Zzzzzz
Will do. I think it's called ownership bias, combined with wishful thinking.

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:35 pm

Freddie kitchens to me seemed like the type that didn’t know how to keep his superstar band happy. And probably yelled a lot and shook his neck at them violently. It most likely brought down the vibe in the locker room. Stefanskis young and will be able to relate to them and want to keep all the band from wanting to quit on on him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:38 pm

purplepride28 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:35 pm Freddie kitchens to me seemed like the type that didn’t know how to keep his superstar band happy. And probably yelled a lot and shook his neck at them violently. It most likely brought down the vibe in the locker room. Stefanskis young and will be able to relate to them and want to keep all the band from wanting to quit on on him.
I think you're giving this guy way too much credit for something he's never done. Kitchens didn't play the games. It's not all on him. Baker was bad last year, and it wasn't all Freddie's fault.

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:34 pm
purplepride28 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:29 pm Mark it down bold statement baker has a total of 40 touchdowns next year with throwing and rushing combined.
Will do. I think it's called ownership bias, combined with wishful thinking.
On what basis do can you really say with 100% certainty that’s whst the career path will be at this very moment. I’m all ears? I’m in 8 leagues with a lot of differant players. Never have owners bias towards any players in the league.
But I know what I saw from baker his whole career. From college to his rookie season to last year taking a slight step back. But at times still showed he’s got the talent. The brown All around as a team were a dumpster fire because of kitchens. I don’t know why but I picture don Vito when I pictured kitchens giving his speeches. Or yelling at players.

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:46 pm

Colts probably should had cut Peyton Manning for all
Of his horrible decisions he made as a youngster.