All Pro
All Pro

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:39 pm

chalorpas wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:55 pm
djeternal2 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:56 pm
chalorpas wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:59 pm

People just like to be contrarians.
I didn't realize we are all supposed to think alike.
Not putting anyone on blast, it’s just a fact. Some people like to zag because everyone else is zigging. Some legit don’t see jeudy as a good prospect and that is fine. Personally would much rather have jeudy over reagor or Akers at this stage in the process but we will see what happens.
The only reason I’m zagging is due to his production profile. I don’t think he’s a terrible prospect. I just don’t think he’s an elite one and I’m not confident enough to sink a top 5 pick in him
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:46 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:35 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:08 pm
DJB wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:33 pm So should we just avoid all of the Bama WR because they won't have a dominator numbers?

Ridiculous
Didn't Amari have a high dominator rating? I thought it was something insane, like close to 50. I think Julio's was around 35.
45% yes. And Calvin Ridley was 30% as well. So stay woke DLF
Calvin Ridley’s 30 percent college dominator put him in the 51 percentile for College Dominator... Jeudy had a 25.1 college dominator, so they were really close. On the other hand, Jeudy breakout age was in the 82nd percentile, and Ridley’s was 45th percent... I think you are getting confused between percent and percentile because Ridley having a 30 percent is not that impressive
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:49 am

Amari Coopers 47 percent translated to a 97th percentile, and his breakout age was 99th percentile. On the other Hand Julio had a 34 percent college dominator, which was good for 65th percentile. I’m not seeing any clear trends among these bama WR’s, which should only further prove why context is important...
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:08 am

Jeudy's is 36th percentile which is well below average, that is why it's being labeled as a concern. It is not "normal" for a top tier prospect. AJB and DK had above average, Landry and OBJ had above average. Ridley was also 51st percentile. 25% to 30% doesn't seem like a big deal but 36th percentile to 51st percentile better illustrates the gap.

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:47 am

Ridley's dominator rating was highly deceptive as Alabama blew out a bunch of teams and he barely played in the second half of a number of games. Jeudy's is deceptive because of the talent at WR that Bama had this year. Like a great many stats, dominator rating is better thought of as a flashing light - be it red or green- to ask you to investigate more fully, than it is as a red flag. You can use it scrupulously and it will cut down on the number of busts you take at WR. Use it too dogmatically though, without careful consideration of context, and you risk letting one data point blind you to a player's strengths.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:47 am

Hello guys I like Jerry Jeudy here is a Jerry Jeudy thread

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1224540636528947203

I am beginning to think he might be alright at football

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:42 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:08 am Jeudy's is 36th percentile which is well below average, that is why it's being labeled as a concern. It is not "normal" for a top tier prospect. AJB and DK had above average, Landry and OBJ had above average. Ridley was also 51st percentile. 25% to 30% doesn't seem like a big deal but 36th percentile to 51st percentile better illustrates the gap.
It's also not normal for three first round caliber WRs to play in the same offense. Jeudy still led them in targets, but this is the most Alabama has passed under Saban, and they weren't going to put tunnel vision on Jeudy.

You look at Ridley and Cooper, and they dominated a higher percentage of targets on a lower amount of passing yards.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:56 am

Factory of Sadness wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:47 am Ridley's dominator rating was highly deceptive as Alabama blew out a bunch of teams and he barely played in the second half of a number of games. Jeudy's is deceptive because of the talent at WR that Bama had this year. Like a great many stats, dominator rating is better thought of as a flashing light - be it red or green- to ask you to investigate more fully, than it is as a red flag. You can use it scrupulously and it will cut down on the number of busts you take at WR. Use it too dogmatically though, without careful consideration of context, and you risk letting one data point blind you to a player's strengths.
Also, Ridley dominated a lower volume of passing yards while playing with significantly less talent. He did get to play with Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith, but they were all freshmen and not featured.:

Ridley's last year: 967 of Alabama's 2,717 passing yards (Next leading receiver: Jerry Jeudy - 264)
Cooper's last year: 1,727 of Alabama's 3,890 passing yards (Next leading receiver: DeAndrew White - 504)
Jeudy's last year: 1,163 of Alabama's 4,459 passing yards (Leading receiver: Devonta Smith - 1256)

I just don't see it as anything. Jeudy shared the wealth with one of the best receiver trios we've ever seen in college.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:14 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:42 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:08 am Jeudy's is 36th percentile which is well below average, that is why it's being labeled as a concern. It is not "normal" for a top tier prospect. AJB and DK had above average, Landry and OBJ had above average. Ridley was also 51st percentile. 25% to 30% doesn't seem like a big deal but 36th percentile to 51st percentile better illustrates the gap.
It's also not normal for three first round caliber WRs to play in the same offense. Jeudy still led them in targets, but this is the most Alabama has passed under Saban, and they weren't going to put tunnel vision on Jeudy.

You look at Ridley and Cooper, and they dominated a higher percentage of targets on a lower amount of passing yards.

Not only that, but the WRs collectively weren't trying to make sure THEY got the stats. There's video of them playing rock, paper, scissors on who was going to run "the TD route."

https://youtu.be/VpGTrBG0usU
https://youtu.be/pRxb22MiLYY

I'm at work and can't find the video of them doing it on the field but it exists.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:02 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:14 am

Not only that, but the WRs collectively weren't trying to make sure THEY got the stats. There's video of them playing rock, paper, scissors on who was going to run "the TD route."

I'm at work and can't find the video of them doing it on the field but it exists.
Another knock on Jeudy. You need to win at all levels to be good in the NFL. Losing at rock, paper and scissors and having it negatively affect your dominator rating is losing on 2 levels.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:31 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:02 am

Another knock on Jeudy. You need to win at all levels to be good in the NFL. Losing at rock, paper and scissors and having it negatively affect your dominator rating is losing on 2 levels.
I'd like to see this added as a combine event. Hopefully, we've all adjusted our analytics formulas to account for Jeudy's poor college PRS rating. Surely it has as much predicting ability as the 3 cone scores.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

petebusey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby petebusey » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:55 am

Small sample size.
I'm too ashamed of any of my teams to post.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:09 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:31 am

I'd like to see this added as a combine event. Hopefully, we've all adjusted our analytics formulas to account for Jeudy's poor college PRS rating. Surely it has as much predicting ability as the 3 cone scores.
I would like to call a motion for this heretic to be banished from the forums. PRS!?!? Paper, rock, scissors!?

WITCH!!!!!

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:02 am Another knock on Jeudy. You need to win at all levels to be good in the NFL. Losing at rock, paper and scissors and having it negatively affect your dominator rating is losing on 2 levels.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man that got me good. Actual belly laughs here at 8am.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:14 pm

mild wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:19 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:02 am Another knock on Jeudy. You need to win at all levels to be good in the NFL. Losing at rock, paper and scissors and having it negatively affect your dominator rating is losing on 2 levels.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man that got me good. Actual belly laughs here at 8am.
:thumbup: Glad to add a little laughter to the day.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick