More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby cantguardjake » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:21 pm

I take back what I said on Van Jefferson, just watched his reps in Senior Bowl practice and he looks nothing like his Florida tape, not sure if it was just the Florida offense or that he’s showing out in long developing 1 v 1 reps. But still, he looks impressive in practice - gonna reserve judgment on him and see where he’s drafted.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:48 pm

ravn88 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:28 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:08 am
ravn88 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:51 am

So everyone comp Jeudy to Ridley, however would a Keenan Allen not be a better comp ?
Not really. Keenan is much more of a possession receiver, and Jeudy isn't as big. Are you talking about analytics comp, or on field?
They are fairly the same height and Weight.
They both seem as their strengh is route running, but since they are kind of small WRs (not tall or big body) they both would be very good PPR players.
I could see Jeudy's seeling being KA.
I think ocho loco is juedy's best comp when I watch that is who I see
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:13 am

Can someone please explain to me the difference between Christian McCaffrey coming out of Stamford in 2017 and Clyde Edwards-Helaire coming out of LSU in 2020?

I know they aren't the exact same player, but I see SOOOOO many similarities. I think the biggest difference is break-away speed, where CMC shows definitively faster than CEH. CEH is a little thicker / stockier than CMC which likely holds him back in the speed department.

Both have amazing hands coming out of the backfield and pose as a legitimate threat to line-up out wide and run routes. Both are better-than-expected runners between the tackles and both truly excel in open space. Both players show a tremendous ability to change direction on a dime, elite lateral agility, and an ability to juke defenders without having to slow down.

I'm not done with my CEH tape evaluation, but I can't help but get CMC vibes when I'm watching him. Why is he largely considered a tier 2 or even tier 3 RB in this class? What am I missing?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:20 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:13 am Can someone please explain to me the difference between Christian McCaffrey coming out of Stamford in 2017 and Clyde Edwards-Helaire coming out of LSU in 2020?

I know they aren't the exact same player, but I see SOOOOO many similarities. I think the biggest difference is break-away speed, where CMC shows definitively faster than CEH. CEH is a little thicker / stockier than CMC which likely holds him back in the speed department.

Both have amazing hands coming out of the backfield and pose as a legitimate threat to line-up out wide and run routes. Both are better-than-expected runners between the tackles and both truly excel in open space. Both players show a tremendous ability to change direction on a dime, elite lateral agility, and an ability to juke defenders without having to slow down.

I'm not done with my CEH tape evaluation, but I can't help but get CMC vibes when I'm watching him. Why is he largely considered a tier 2 or even tier 3 RB in this class? What am I missing?
I think it is because he only came on this year, and only really strong and consistent in the latter half of the year, where as CMC was 2660 and 1900 yards from scrimmage as a sophomore and junior. CEH is going to be a weapon in the NFL, dude can play ball with the best of them
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:51 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:13 am Can someone please explain to me the difference between Christian McCaffrey coming out of Stamford in 2017 and Clyde Edwards-Helaire coming out of LSU in 2020?

I’m not saying you are wrong, but to me I kept seeing a faster CJ Anderson. I’m not sure CEH is anywhere as special as McCaffrey, but you never know
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:25 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:20 am

I think it is because he only came on this year, and only really strong and consistent in the latter half of the year, where as CMC was 2660 and 1900 yards from scrimmage as a sophomore and junior. CEH is going to be a weapon in the NFL, dude can play ball with the best of them
Well for one CEH is 5 8. There are simply very few RBs of that size that can be workhorse backs at the NFL level. So CEH is at best a tier 2 RB when comparing to some of the other backs based on size alone. Swift is 5 9, which is noticeably better for the RB position, especially when you consider he weighs 216, which is still NFL size. Not to mention Swifts lateral agility is through the roof. The other tier 1 guys (Dobbins/JT) have obvious NFL size.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:50 pm

I'm seeing a Tyler Boyd like player watching Jefferson.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:56 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:25 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:20 am

Well for one CEH is 5 8. There are simply very few RBs of that size that can be workhorse backs at the NFL level. So CEH is at best a tier 2 RB when comparing to some of the other backs based on size alone. Swift is 5 9, which is noticeably better for the RB position, especially when you consider he weighs 216, which is still NFL size. Not to mention Swifts lateral agility is through the roof. The other tier 1 guys (Dobbins/JT) have obvious NFL size.
Wait, 1 inch makes a prospect noticably better at a position that is arguably the least reliant on height?
Huh?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:50 pm I'm seeing a Tyler Boyd like player watching Jefferson.
Not usually one for player comparisons but that’s spot on. I’m a bit bullish on Boyd this year assuming Bengals draft Burrow, his play style is very similar to Jefferson which Burrow seemed to love targeting (although that could just be the college scheme, but still).

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:43 am

He reminds me of MJD personally.

CEH is like 5'8 or something. McCaffrey is over 6 feet.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:12 am

DJB wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:43 am

CMC is 5'11

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:16 am

DJB wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:43 am

I would say CMC's size (5'11" 202lbs at the combine) was much further outside the realm of what workhorse backs look like than CEH (5'8" 209lbs).

CMC's combine BMI has to be among the lowest in the last 20 years of guys that became workhorses, if not the lowest.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:18 am

Fair enough on CMC. I thought he was over 6 feet.

But 5'8 isn't really close to 5'11. I dont think they are similar comparisons.

I'm a big CEH fan. Hes my #4 RB and has been for months but the CM comp isn't a good one in my eyes.

CEH is going to have a bigger impact than Singletary because hes a terrific pass catcher.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:25 am

I know what 3 inches looks like. :thumbup:

CEH can be something special on the right team. I don't think he'll be a workhorse, but with his agility and catching ability he's a nice sleeper.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:27 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:25 am I know what 3 inches looks like. :thumbup:

CEH can be something special on the right team. I don't think he'll be a workhorse, but with his agility and catching ability he's a nice sleeper.
Lol thank you for the much needed laugh during my lunch break :lol:
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L