You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby mild » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:43 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:01 pm Reading this again, idk Meurah. Jones’ ADP is earlier now than it was when you posted a thread advising to sell him. As good as your analysis was on Jones and is in general, you were wrong here.
Can we at least wait a month for literally one of the most anticipated tidal waves of RB's to get drafted? Or for FA, when there will literally be three or more fantasy RB1's on the market (Hunt, Gordon, Henry - maybe others) as well as god knows what else in movement?

Meurah is letting you know this is the high point. The odds are on him being right - it will not take much of an RB to come in and unseat Jones - or at the least significantly cool the market even further on an RB that's tape by all measures shows a an incredible raw runner.

And all I was defending was your right to have an opinion and keep posting it, Meurah. I'll definitely challenge your point of view (respectfully!) if I think I'm seeing something that you're not, or vice versa.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:47 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:01 pm Reading this again, idk Meurah. Jones’ ADP is earlier now than it was when you posted a thread advising to sell him. As good as your analysis was on Jones and is in general, you were wrong here.

Your pre-draft takes on him are still correct. He’s bad. Just take an L here and move on, life’s better that way. Your analysis is too good for you to get bothered by being wrong on something this trivial.

For everybody victory lapping- idk what your endgame is. Jones still sucks. I bought my first and only share of him at 140 in a superflex startup last year, and I still can’t get anything for him now.
So basically you have the experience, that his ADP has dropped, or at least hasn't changed?
Doesn't this just support Meurah's view? Despite you first sentence.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:22 am

In August of 2018, RJ was ranked as the #5 rookie and had an ADP of 51 per Mizelle.

In August of 2019, RJ had an ADP of 99 per Mizelle (equivalent of 1.12 - 1.13 in terms of 2019 rookie values).

And as of December 2019, RJs ADP has risen up to 85. Nestled between Darren Waller and Davante Parker. Personally, I think that is WHACK! No one in their right mind will take RJ over either of those guys, and it ain't even close.

I think it remains to be determined whether MeuRah was right or wrong. If I had to put money on it, I suspect that guys who don't sell him now are really gonna regret it not that far down the road. This guy isn't a great RB. And I think his value could drop precipitously (I can't believe I spelled that right in the 1st go) in the coming months.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:23 am

mild wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:43 am
Can we at least wait a month for literally one of the most anticipated tidal waves of RB's to get drafted? Or for FA, when there will literally be three or more fantasy RB1's on the market (Hunt, Gordon, Henry - maybe others) as well as god knows what else in movement?

Meurah is letting you know this is the high point. The odds are on him being right - it will not take much of an RB to come in and unseat Jones - or at the least significantly cool the market even further on an RB that's tape by all measures shows a an incredible raw runner.

And all I was defending was your right to have an opinion and keep posting it, Meurah. I'll definitely challenge your point of view (respectfully!) if I think I'm seeing something that you're not, or vice versa.
He said this in August. I would sell now if you can get anybody around his ADP.
trc wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:47 am

Your pre-draft takes on him are still correct. He’s bad. Just take an L here and move on, life’s better that way. Your analysis is too good for you to get bothered by being wrong on something this trivial.

For everybody victory lapping- idk what your endgame is. Jones still sucks. I bought my first and only share of him at 140 in a superflex startup last year, and I still can’t get anything for him now.
So basically you have the experience, that his ADP has dropped, or at least hasn't changed?
Doesn't this just support Meurah's view? Despite you first sentence.
I don’t. I’ve never tried to trade RoJo until recently, so I can’t really compare. All I have is empiric ADP evidence. My point with that paragraph is that while the main point of the thread is wrong, I still think Meurah’s player analysis on the guy is right.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:35 am

I agree with the analysis that RoJo is not a great long term asset in fantasy. The part I don't agree with is selling for anything you can get, just because he's not going to be a stud in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, if I could sell for anything higher than a third, I'd jump on it. Those offers aren't coming in and really never were.

For a 3rd or worse, I'll hold RoJo with the hope he figures something out and I can make a profit off selling him. He's no worse than guys selected in a 3rd round of rookie drafts, and he's probably younger.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:09 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:22 am And I think his value could drop precipitously (I can't believe I spelled that right in the 1st go) in the coming months.
If all else fails I think we can make a spot for you on the DLF Forum Spelling Bee team. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:01 pm

This discussion about the intent of the topic is pointless in my opinion. This thread was clearly started as a brag post by meurah. It has since slightly backfired, though RoJo has developed into an only moderately worthwhile asset, which has forced us to pick apart statements and words to determine who is more right than the other.

I don't blame Phaded for leaving these forums. Just a bunch of pissing contests and attempts to prove superiority.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:00 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:01 pmI don't blame Phaded for leaving these forums. Just a bunch of pissing contests and attempts to prove superiority.
Phaded quit fantasy football all-together. It wasn't about the forums.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:23 am

I heard he quit cuz he inherited $200 from a distant relative and decided to move to the Caribbean and live the good life.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:28 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:01 pm This discussion about the intent of the topic is pointless in my opinion. This thread was clearly started as a brag post by meurah. It has since slightly backfired, though RoJo has developed into an only moderately worthwhile asset, which has forced us to pick apart statements and words to determine who is more right than the other.

I don't blame Phaded for leaving these forums. Just a bunch of pissing contests and attempts to prove superiority.
agreed
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:53 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:10 pm Yikes.

Sell high. Do it now before it's too late. This is freakin terrible.
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:16 pm The "last chance" part has a question mark on it. I don't know when the end of his value is but I don't want to be holding him when it happens.
These two quotes, regardless if they were made months apart or not, do not mesh. That first one is from the first post on this thread, and it says "now", which was clearly not the best time to sell him, as Vcize pointed out very well:
Vcize wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:33 am All that's really left to discuss is when the proper time to sell him was, and it wasn't at the beginning of the year.

At the time the guys around him in ADP via mizelle who you could presumably trade him straight up for were Marquez Valdez Scantling, DeDe Westbrook, Kalen Ballage, and Jordan Howard. Now the guys around him in ADP via mizelle are Darren Waller, DeVante Parker, OJ Howard. I'd much rather be in talks right now to move him to a RB needy team for one of the guys on the latter list than the former.

And that's not counting the full season of low RB2/flex play people already got out of the deal by holding on to him this year, in addition to the better players they can now get in return for him.
Now I'm not some RoJo believer, and I don't have him on any of my teams and I'm not looking to trade for him anywhere, but if this was me I would probably be saying something like "yeah I guess he gained a little value this year (for whatever reason), but I still would sell him for any 2nd as soon as I possibly could" or whatever, something along those lines. Which brings me to the last thing I wanted to mention...
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:47 am I'm getting chastised because a guy who was 20% his original draft value rose to 30% of his original draft value, and I warned that it might not happen.

Of all the proclamations and stances I've made in all the RB situations I've talked about, this one keeps popping up. I'd rather RoJo becomes a bonafide superstar and I become dead wrong than to be picked apart by some tedious increase in value. It's somewhat annoying.
Speaking as someone who has only followed this thread and has no leaning one way or the other - your posts about RoJo in general, and especially this thread, came across almost as if you having some personal beef with RoJo. Now obviously I have no idea if that is a correct opinion or not (I would assume not), but I just wanted to point out that that is how it seems to me - and I'm guessing it might seem that way to others. I think that may be the reason this thread keeps popping up?

I like your content, Mike - you seem like you know what you're talking about. And as CoD and mild pointed out, you're usually planting your flag one way or the other which I dig. I'm not sure why this RoJo stuff seems different, but it just does to me.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I hope all of you can get whatever it is you want from RoJo some day :lol:

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:57 pm

I want RoJo to be the guy in TB next year just so I can see this thread swell to 40+ pages.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:17 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:57 pm I want RoJo to be the guy in TB next year just so I can see this thread swell to 40+ pages.
We're only 1 month into the off-season so I think it could reach 40 before Sept regardless. :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:56 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:17 pm
djeternal2 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:57 pm I want RoJo to be the guy in TB next year just so I can see this thread swell to 40+ pages.
We're only 1 month into the off-season so I think it could reach 40 before Sept regardless. :lol:
Can we set 40 pages as the over/under by the first game of 2020(regular season)
I’ll take the over

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:52 pm

So is this the last chance? Saw an article involving Arians saying the following:

"Can they be a receiver?" asked Arians while discussing what he would be looking for during the running back workouts. "That separates guys from having to come off the field. I had Christian Okoye who led the league but he never played on third down. Edgerrin James never came off the field. Marshall Faulk never came off the field. For me, I'm looking for that type of guy."

Sounds to me like Arians doesn't have "his guy" on the current roster. Swift or Dobbins, perhaps Akers may all be possibilities. Have to think they add someone to compete for the spot in the draft.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick