More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby AussieMate » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:01 pm

What do people think of Jalen Reagor? he's really starting to grow on me, I've been moving him up my boards just about every week.
Currently in my wr tier 2 with Shenault, Higgins, Ruggs, Jefferson

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:42 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:01 pm What do people think of Jalen Reagor? he's really starting to grow on me, I've been moving him up my boards just about every week.
Nice!! I have the exact same tier minus Ruggs! So either we are both doing it wrong or we got good eyes :lol: :lol:
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:23 pm

I must be the only person alive who doesn’t see Higgins, Shenault or Ruggs as first round NFL talent. I have them all pegged to be drafted in the second, which I guess doesn’t really matter too much from a fantasy perspective. Time will tell if I need glasses or not :geek:

I can see a team pulling the trigger on Ruggs early if he really does run sub 4.3 at the combine with the NFLs current obsession with speed based offenses (ala KC and 49ers).

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:44 am

Packerland wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 pm Interesting info on Lamb:

Oklahoma wide receiver CeeDee Lamb is known to be a good kid, according to NFL scouts and to sources around the Sooners program. They all say he is a really nice person and a good teammate. With that being said, Lamb has developed the reputation for being a huge partier, and team sources feel that is going to be a challenge for him in maintaining focus depending on where he goes.

"[Lamb] definitely shouldn't go to a place like Miami, or Tampa Bay. That could be Michael Clayton all over again," said one scout. "I'll put it to you this way. He would be awesome in Green Bay."

Lamb is probably going to get get hit with a lot of questions about this during the combine and pre-draft interviews. Teams like him as a person, but depending on which team drafts him, it may want a plan in place to keep him focused on not partying too much in his down time.

From WalterFootball.com
I like how people just assume that somewhere like Wisconsin doesn't have bars or clubs or hot girls.

The reality is that if you're a famous football player and you have a weakness for booze and girls, you will find that anywhere.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:13 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:42 pm
AussieMate wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:01 pm What do people think of Jalen Reagor? he's really starting to grow on me, I've been moving him up my boards just about every week.
Nice!! I have the exact same tier minus Ruggs! So either we are both doing it wrong or we got good eyes :lol: :lol:
Yeah I'm moving down from Ruggs a touch, Reagor to me has the up side to turn into the best WR in this class, has speed, lateral movement good at high pointing. If he can refine his route running (a lot will depend on his coaching staff) he could be a star.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:45 am

cantguardjake wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:23 pm I must be the only person alive who doesn’t see Higgins, Shenault or Ruggs as first round NFL talent. I have them all pegged to be drafted in the second, which I guess doesn’t really matter too much from a fantasy perspective. Time will tell if I need glasses or not :geek:

I can see a team pulling the trigger on Ruggs early if he really does run sub 4.3 at the combine with the NFLs current obsession with speed based offenses (ala KC and 49ers).
I can't speak on the prospects individually, but I wouldn't be surprised if only a few WR are taken in the 1st. There were only 2 taken last year in the 1st and a lot of the best ones were taken in the 2nd round. I don't really discount a RB/WR who gets drafted in the 2nd instead of 1st.

I think all these mocks having "a record 8 WR in the 1st" is just fantasy clickbait... They know a lot of people play fantasy football and I bet most that do are interested in the top WR in the class. More clicks

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:15 am

Vcize wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:44 am I like how people just assume that somewhere like Wisconsin doesn't have bars or clubs or hot girls.

The reality is that if you're a famous football player and you have a weakness for booze and girls, you will find that anywhere.
I found that interesting, too. Wasn't the University of Wisconsin voted one of the top party schools in the country? He'll have no problem finding a party in that state.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:21 am

cantguardjake wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:23 pm I must be the only person alive who doesn’t see Higgins, Shenault or Ruggs as first round NFL talent. I have them all pegged to be drafted in the second, which I guess doesn’t really matter too much from a fantasy perspective. Time will tell if I need glasses or not :geek:

I think Ruggs has a chance to go in the 1st with his speed, but I personally don’t value him high.

I think the collection of Reagor, Higgins, Jefferson, and Shenault are all a mixture of late 1st, 2nd, and early 3rd. I think after the combine Reagor will be going in the first because I expect a very good/twitchy/explosive athlete. He’ll probably make a pretty substantial jump.

My tiers are like this right now:

Tier 1:
Ceedee Lamb
Bryan Edwards
Jerry Jeudy (not a fan)

Tier 2:
Jalen Reagor
Tee Higgins
Justin Jefferson
Laviska Shenault

Tier 3:
AGG
Denzel Mims
Quintez Cephus
KJ Hamler

Combine in February people!!!
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:23 am

Packerland wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 pm Interesting info on Lamb:

Oklahoma wide receiver CeeDee Lamb is known to be a good kid, according to NFL scouts and to sources around the Sooners program. They all say he is a really nice person and a good teammate. With that being said, Lamb has developed the reputation for being a huge partier, and team sources feel that is going to be a challenge for him in maintaining focus depending on where he goes.

"[Lamb] definitely shouldn't go to a place like Miami, or Tampa Bay. That could be Michael Clayton all over again," said one scout. "I'll put it to you this way. He would be awesome in Green Bay."

Lamb is probably going to get get hit with a lot of questions about this during the combine and pre-draft interviews. Teams like him as a person, but depending on which team drafts him, it may want a plan in place to keep him focused on not partying too much in his down time.

From WalterFootball.com
there's liking parties and there's being an idiot.
so far, the parties don't seem to have affected him much, if he has a minimum of brain and doesn't think he's jerry rice already, he'll be fine.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:25 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:21 am Jerry Jeudy (not a fan)
please expand on that!
only thing i haven't liked is a couple of shocking drops (though i'm late with my homework).

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:35 am

Anyone have thoughts on AJ Dillon?
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:55 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:15 am
Vcize wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:44 am I like how people just assume that somewhere like Wisconsin doesn't have bars or clubs or hot girls.

I found that interesting, too. Wasn't the University of Wisconsin voted one of the top party schools in the country? He'll have no problem finding a party in that state.
We do have hot girls, but it depends on how you want to gauge them. Like our 10's are probably considered a 7 elsewhere. :lol:

As for bars...plenty of those on every street corner! UW is a 3 hour hike from GB so can't really say the campus party migrates that far north. There really isn't much to do in GB besides go bowling at Ashwaubenon Lanes.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:17 am

MattDeezy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:35 am Anyone have thoughts on AJ Dillon?
Reminds me of Mike Alstott.

Needs to show half decent in the speed and agility drills at the combine or he will likely go late or undrafted.

Hes a tank out there though
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:23 am

He is likely on my do not draft list. I just really don't see any upside with him. He is a between the tackles grinder that doesn't show pass catching upside. Jordan Howard types like Dillon just don't have the upside I shoot for and that is likely his ceiling.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Richardson, Dak, Watson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Achane, Mixon, Ekeler, Javonte Williams, Mostert, Dobbins, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, QJ, Bateman, MT, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
1.07, 3.04, 4.07

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:25 am

DJB wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:17 am
Reminds me of Mike Alstott.

Needs to show half decent in the speed and agility drills at the combine or he will likely go late or undrafted.

Hes a tank out there though
Ya, just not sure if he works in the modern NFL and is just stuck in the wrong era. Definitely has some talent, and hopefully does well at the combine, but I think his ceiling is probably Jordan Howard.