You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:33 am

I would be pretty shocked if they spend a day 1 or day 2 pick on a running back, the Bucs offensive line was in the bottom quarter for both run blocking and pass blocking. That should be where they invest their capital, as well as defense. I don't care who your running back is, but behind that line nobody is doing that much, and nobody is taking the pressure off Jameis.

A free agent signing makes a whole lot of sense for running back. Gordon, David Johnson, and Bell all make sense in what Arians looks for in a running back.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:04 am

What's interesting is 3 of their top 5 cap hits next year- https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-b ... /cap/2020/. It'd be more interesting to see individual grades, but https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019 has them bottom 10 run and pass as a unit.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:21 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:04 am What's interesting is 3 of their top 5 cap hits next year- https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-b ... /cap/2020/. It'd be more interesting to see individual grades, but https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019 has them bottom 10 run and pass as a unit.
PFF has

Demar Dotson as the #31 OT
Donovan Smith as the #37 OT
Marpet as the #11 OG
Earl Watford as the #21 OG
Alex Kappa as the #35 OG
Ryan Jensen as the #2 C

So their individual grades aren't too bad, especially on the interior, but their tackles are middle of the road for 64 starting spots league-wide.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:45 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:06 pm
maxhyde wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:20 amHe has less carries in his career than some guys get in a game so maybe "a few" is different for us. Hardly think he is a seasoned 2nd year player with touches in 6 of the 9 games he played in. Anyway I am not even defending Jones at this point just saying the evidence for your conclusion is pretty weak for a 22yr old pro athlete with a career that has barely started.
My arguments are meant to be considered "by comparison".

Do you know how many players came into the league around his age and started performing at a high level? Hundreds I'm sure. Everyone wants to use his age as an excuse, but somehow that's not used as excuse for anybody else.

RB is the easiest NFL position to learn. You've probably heard that before. There is a video somewhere (can't find it) of Peyton Manning telling his new RB what to do before each and every play. Didn't even need to practice with the team. That's how easy it is. Know what to do, know where to go, the rest is skill, talent, and instinct.

His main competitor is Peyton Barber. Barber is considered the worst starting RB in the league. All RoJo has to do is play slightly better than the worst starting RB in the league to even get half the carries. He can't do it.

So we're talking about a kid who plays the easist-to-learn position, drafted to a team that's weak at RB, and he couldn't crack the lineup in 2018. Jacquizz Rodgers had more carries than he did in 2018. Hell, RYAN FITZPATRICK had more carries.

And somehow all of this factual information and video evidence shown to you is not enough to persuade you to get rid of him in 100% of your leagues? He's not getting any better. I haven't seen one run that's an improvement over last year, but I've seen half-a-dozen plays that mirror last years performance.

Oof... you're going down with the ship my friend. :P
This didn't age well
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:48 am

Lol, how did it "not age well"? Rojo is trash.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:59 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:48 am Lol, how did it "not age well"? Rojo is trash.
Fine analytical mind there.

RB26 on basically 60% workload. Avg'd a full yard + per carry better than his RB partner
For a guy with ~200 touches I'd say you could do worse.

Nobody ever claimed he was a top 10 RB winning you 'ships so perhaps your expectations were far too high to begin with.

Sorry I wasn't selling him for the 3rd round picks in last years weak draft...gamble really backfired on me
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Just the truth, sell him now before he gets replaced this offseason. Pretty much the definition of roster clogger, not good enough to start or trade for anything of note but too good to cut.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:57 pm

As maxhyde said, not exactly trash. Long-term value is questionable and he's unlikely to ever be an RB1 or RB2, but "lol he sux" is disingenuous and lazy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:20 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:57 pm As maxhyde said, not exactly trash. Long-term value is questionable and he's unlikely to ever be an RB1 or RB2, but "lol he sux" is disingenuous and lazy.
Yeah, I mean he's no league winner or anything, but he had basically the same amount of total yards and TD's as David Montgomery at the same age, on much fewer touches. He's not terrible.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:38 pm

What if I don't think David Montgomery is very good either?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:38 pm What if I don't think David Montgomery is very good either?
Wouldn't dispute it, just pointing it out, as nobody is saying that type of thing about him. "Trash" etc.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Should we start a new last chance 2020 version thread?

RoJo made some progress this year. I likely won't be starting him often, but he's also not what I would call a roster clogger either. He still incredibly young with low mileage, and learning. Too many extremes in this thread.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:58 am

CGW wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 pm Should we start a new last chance 2020 version thread?

RoJo made some progress this year. I likely won't be starting him often, but he's also not what I would call a roster clogger either. He still incredibly young with low mileage, and learning. Too many extremes in this thread.
It's more interesting/macho to stake out extreme positions like planting a flag.

I'd be interested in a general "Last Chance to Sell" thread.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:32 pm

As someone who owns him by chance in a few leagues(got him as a throw in). I'm holding for anything less than a mid second, I don't see how a back end of the second guy will have more upside or more of a chance at oppurtunity than he does right now, I mean that's guys like justice hill, darwin thompson, alex mattison, or ryquell armstead from last year.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:30 pm

maxhyde wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:45 amThis didn't age well
I read this quote and thought "oh crap, what backfired on me". Then I re-read the quote I wrote and thought "that's accurate".... so I can't figure out why you think it didn't age well? My comments were mostly a reflection on his 2018 season. It's not like that season is going to change or anything.

It took him 1.5 years to crack the lineup vs terrible RB competition. The incoming 2020 draft class is loaded at RB. The Bucs will surely draft a 2nd RB, not necessarily to replace Jones, but to split carries at least. I don't think it'll take much to bump Jones from 1st to 2nd on the depth chart.

For what it's worth, every time Jones allowed his QB to get crushed by the blitz because of his inability to pass block, he was removed from the game and sat on the bench. It happened several times. That was one of my biggest criticisms and he's done very little to improve.

My opinion still stands: Sell him.

I'd rather take a chance on a RB I can acquire in the 2nd and early 3rd than Jones. The only RB I would have taken over Jones last rookie draft this late was Singletary. In 2020 I think there will be a good dozen players I'd rather have. It's going to be deep.

You can't celebrate yet, Max. If you are eventually right on this then I'll gladly give you props for standing behind this turd for so long.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134