Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:20 am

Fin1354 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:47 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:09 am Like others have said, I think the most I'd offer is a mid or late second and much of that is because this class is expected to be very good fantasy football wise.
I've made offers in a few leagues for early to mid 2nds but so far no takers. Can't say I blame them, I wouldn't sell him for that either but also don't want to give up a 1st for him.
I agree, I wouldn't sell for what I'd also be willing to offer. Selling for any second is selling too low. This makes him a solid hold.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:47 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:09 am
djeternal2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:53 am Nope I don't believe in any WR that doesn't pop in the first 5 min of their NFL career. He's a complete waste of space and roster clogger already.
How many WRs have started their careers as poorly as Harry and gone on to meeting their fantasy draft stock? It's pretty rare. There are still reasons to be optimistic, but it's going to be hard to find anyone willing to pay much for that.

Like others have said, I think the most I'd offer is a mid or late second and much of that is because this class is expected to be very good fantasy football wise.
I don't think it all is on Harry. He was being held out till week 11, and came back to a catastophic Brady.
17 targets is not much. Dunno if it's on Harry being slow at learning or game script/Brady gone totally wrong.

Obv you would expect more from a 1st round pick, but this season, to me at least, is just like him being on IR. On to 2020.

Bottom line, if you believed in him before his return, nothing should have changed.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:52 am

It wasn't the debut season I was hoping for, but I'm certainly not giving up on him. He was put in a tough spot debuting late in the season on a mostly veteran team making a playoff push. I do think he showed some promise, especially in the Redzone, don't forget he made a really nice play to score a TD vs KC that was mistakenly ruled out of bounds by the referees and the Pats were out of challenges to get it fixed, that's something completely out of Harry's control.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:01 pm

There is certainly a Corey Davis feel to all this, put I'm not ready to sell cheap after 1 season slowed down by injury. With the incoming class, I would move him for a first if I could find a buyer
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:23 pm

Should have listened to Phaded:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=180924&p=1776723&hi ... l#p1776723

I did not.. I drafted him as the first WR where I could, and I have little faith in him now, but won't sell for a 2nd.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Patriots WR playbook is notoriously difficult to learn and understand.

Combine that with injuries and Brady preffering a veteran WR and Harry had a bad year.

Buy low if possible
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:19 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:53 am Nope I don't believe in any WR that doesn't pop in the first 5 min of their NFL career. He's a complete waste of space and roster clogger already.
How many WRs have started their careers as poorly as Harry and gone on to meeting their fantasy draft stock? It's pretty rare. There are still reasons to be optimistic, but it's going to be hard to find anyone willing to pay much for that.

Like others have said, I think the most I'd offer is a mid or late second and much of that is because this class is expected to be very good fantasy football wise.
Wtf.. how can we even really call his season bad?

He missed 10 weeks to start, got thrown in the 7 games and only had 25 targets. There was even that beautiful catch and run for a +25 years score that was called back one of those games.

New Englands offense in general was a mess, no one got in to any rhythm. His value should be exactly where it was this time last year which based on this stud class is probably pick 10 or so
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Even if you still believe in him, his value should drop a fair bit. Young WRs have limited windows to break out. Harry now has 1 strike.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:28 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Wtf.. how can we even really call his season bad?

He missed 10 weeks to start, got thrown in the 7 games and only had 25 targets. There was even that beautiful catch and run for a +25 years score that was called back one of those games.

New Englands offense in general was a mess, no one got in to any rhythm. His value should be exactly where it was this time last year which based on this stud class is probably pick 10 or so
I agree, and I tried to buy low based on the replies to this post.

From what I can gather, the opinion that Harry is only worth a 2nd is representative of buyers or those with no interest or ownership.
As others have mentioned, owners (including my [rejected] trade partner :lol:) are holding unless they get close to equal value of what they paid for him (which last year was an early 1st)

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Remember when we used to give WRs 3 years to develop, showed leniency to injuries and still valued the talent and draft capital from 9 months earlier. I guess Corey Davis ruined that line of thinking for some.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Rasorin wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:44 pm Remember when we used to give WRs 3 years to develop, showed leniency to injuries and still valued the talent and draft capital from 9 months earlier. I guess Corey Davis ruined that line of thinking for some.
Call me crazy but I still wouldn't accept anything less than a first for Corey davis

The talent is undeniably there and now that is seems they have found a compentant QB and AJB should demand double teams next year we could finally see Corey davis put up some big weeks.

I mean.. maybe? :wall:
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Rasorin wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:44 pm Remember when we used to give WRs 3 years to develop, showed leniency to injuries and still valued the talent and draft capital from 9 months earlier. I guess Corey Davis ruined that line of thinking for some.
Historic RB classes the past couple of years (2015-2018) will do that. People are too accustomed to immediate production.

As for Harry, he had his ups and downs this year but at least I saw flashes of an explosive playmaker. Typically all you want to see as a rookie is some flashes. That said, I think his value is now about a late-1st. I'd buy for a 2nd, sell for a early/mid-1st and hold for a late-1st.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Just to bring this back to actual discussion of the players' skills... for me, the big question on Harry was always separation. His highlight reels from college are full of monster contested catches (and some amazing plays after the ball is in his hands too) but I never really saw him being a route technician at the highest level - he was always playing using his physicality.

In no way am I suggesting this can't be learnt and that he cannot improve. However, the knock was separation - and all training camp, that's what we heard - that the Patriots DB's were completely locking him down. That's not unsurprising - that's probably the best secondary in the game right now.

But for me those questions are still there. I haven't seen anything to suggest he's improving. His best plays with Brady to finish the year were... yep, contested catches. Perhaps NE can scheme him open into space. Perhaps he can improve his footwork and route running. But a big part of Phaded planting his flag that N'Keal would bust was based on this.

I was never a Harry fan, I liked DK and AJB and even Hollywood more. I still don't believe, for those reasons. But if you still think there's something there, and you're a believer, then now is probably your window...

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:53 pm

Which is exactly where he should go if he was entering as a rookie next year

He isn't better than juedy or lamb and there are 3 or 4 RBS I'd take over him. So yes about 8 or 9 is where he'd probably go based just off his college tape.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:55 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:47 pm
Call me crazy but I still wouldn't accept anything less than a first for Corey davis

The talent is undeniably there and now that is seems they have found a compentant QB and AJB should demand double teams next year we could finally see Corey davis put up some big weeks.

I mean.. maybe? :wall:
You are Crazy.
But I am right there with you :lol:
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...