More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby cantguardjake » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:05 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:58 pm Correct me if I'm wrong, but 2020 class should still be pretty strong:

Jeudy / Lamb / Taylor / Swift / Dobbins = very, very good top5.

Ruggs / Shenault / Reagor / Jefferson = very solid tier 2 of Wide Receivers.

CEH / Akers = very solid tier 2 of Running Backs.

To me, 2nd rounders are what took the biggest hit. Guys like Jefferson / Reagor / CEH, who may have been early / mid 2nd rounders if Etienne / Smith / Harris all declared will now be pushed to the end of the 1st round. It's not like they don't project as solid late 1st picks, but now they can't be had at a huge discount.
I personally see nothing special about that tier 2 of wide receivers, a few over rated speed prospects with minimal production and gadget wide receiver coming off a poor year (Jefferson is ok but once again I personally wouldn’t be excited about drafting him).

Looking like a good year to trade a late first for a proven player imo.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:05 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:58 pm Correct me if I'm wrong, but 2020 class should still be pretty strong:

To me, 2nd rounders are what took the biggest hit. Guys like Jefferson / Reagor / CEH, who may have been early / mid 2nd rounders if Etienne / Smith / Harris all declared will now be pushed to the end of the 1st round. It's not like they don't project as solid late 1st picks, but now they can't be had at a huge discount.
Zach Moss should definitely be included in the tier 2 RB’s but I agree.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Clemson boosters must be paying Etienne handsomely, in education credits, of course.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Higgins??? I'd certainly expect him to be drafted before Shenault in the NFL draft.
You're right, oversight on my part regarding Higgins.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:10 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:05 pm

Zach Moss should definitely be included in the tier 2 RB’s but I agree.
He very well could be, I just haven't watched a lot of his tape yet so I don't have much of an opinion on him (yet).
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:12 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:05 pm

I personally see nothing special about that tier 2 of wide receivers, a few over rated speed prospects with minimal production and gadget wide receiver coming off a poor year (Jefferson is ok but once again I personally wouldn’t be excited about drafting him).

Well, they're tier 2 Wide Receivers, so they shouldn't be special - those are usually tier 1 guys. I personally don't love Shenault, but I think Reagor & Ruggs could very well blow-up the combine. Jefferson is a 6'3" slot WR who's one of the best route runners I've seen coming out of college. Are you drafting a sure-fire stud WR at 1.09 this year? Of course not, but no class has ever been like that.

I still think we see 4 - 6 likely 1st round receivers in the NFL Draft - definitely Jeudy & Lamb, and then likely 3+ out of the Reagor / Higgins / Ruggs / Shenault / Jefferson tier.

Again, not special, but very solid.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:14 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:54 pm
Kmani6 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:48 pm The four RB’s I mentioned, plus devonta smith all returning definitely has an impact. Outside of Etienne, the rest were late firsts/early 2nd’s at the latest, and that’s essentially half a round lost.
I’d wager all of them outside of Etienne returned to school because their projected draft grade wasn’t as high as the general consensus here was, so not really sure how you can call them locked late firsts / early seconds.

Etienne is a surprise though, sounds like he really wants his degree and another national championship, there’s no way he was making it out of the second round of the NFL draft.
Because many of us don’t draft talent solely based on their round selection in the NFL solely. If you’re in that boat then your missing a lot of talent. Also there’s a big difference between their projected draft grade and where we draft them. I took those projections straight from Walter Football that does pre-draft rankings and round predictions straight from NFL scouts, and personnel.
Dynasty Team 1:

WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy

Dynasty Team 2:

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Well this really sucks. Might as well change the thread title to omit RB now -- if you want a RB you need a top 4 pick to get one. WR is still deep but the lack of RBs really hurts all of those people with late 1sts.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:18 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:48 pm The four RB’s I mentioned, plus devonta smith all returning definitely has an impact. Outside of Etienne, the rest were late firsts/early 2nd’s at the latest, and that’s essentially half a round lost.
I’d wager all of them outside of Etienne returned to school because their projected draft grade wasn’t as high as the general consensus here was, so not really sure how you can call them locked late firsts / early seconds.

Etienne is a surprise though, sounds like he really wants his degree and another national championship, there’s no way he was making it out of the second round of the NFL draft.
Oh wait looks like you might’ve mistaken what I said. I meant late 1st early 2nd in fantasy drafts not the real draft...
Dynasty Team 1:

Dynasty Team 2:

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:20 pm

As the owner of 1.04 & 1.05 for a team in desperate need of RB help, this is a bummer.

I was really hoping to land 2 of the Etienne / Swift / Taylor / Dobbins group, which seemed all but certain a few weeks ago.

Now with Etienne staying in school, & knowing how much my league values RB's, and there's a chance I don't get any of them :(

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Must be something to this new CBA. Sucks for Etienne owners in devy and for 1.06 folks.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:28 pm

Vendetta wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:15 pm Well this really sucks. Might as well change the thread title to omit RB now -- if you want a RB you need a top 4 pick to get one. WR is still deep but the lack of RBs really hurts all of those people with late 1sts.
I agree about it hurting people with late 1sts quite a bit. One thing that was special about this class was the quality of talent in the 2nd round of fantasy drafts could definitely compete with 1st round talent in many other draft classes. While the top 5 is full of studs, and I’m sure a few of them will hit big, this class wasn’t known for having an absolute monster like Saquon or Zeke. I have two top 5 picks and I’m definitely holding until the draft, as their value has probably increased, but if I had a late 1st I’d be annoyed
Last edited by Kmani6 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Team 1:

Dynasty Team 2:

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:29 pm

I'm still very excited but I really like Ruggs and Shenault, my league is also semi superflex value (2 QB but only 8 teams) so I have basically every pick from 5-9 and I'm stoked. I could care less about the mid 2nd end players. I'll hopefully come out with a mix of Dobbins, Ruggs, Shenault, Jefferson, Burrow, Tua.
I'm firmly still in the great class group, as someone already said it basically books down to your opinions of the tier 2 wrs.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:30 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:18 pm

Oh wait looks like you might’ve mistaken what I said. I meant late 1st early 2nd in fantasy drafts not the real draft...
Nah my response was to fantasy drafts. My point was that, much like Butler and Harmon last year, I don’t think Hubbard, Harris and Hill we’re coming off the board in the NFL draft until day 3, with Smith probably an early third - hardly late first material was my point. But I guess we’ll never know now.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:40 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:12 pm
cantguardjake wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:05 pm

Well, they're tier 2 Wide Receivers, so they shouldn't be special - those are usually tier 1 guys. I personally don't love Shenault, but I think Reagor & Ruggs could very well blow-up the combine. Jefferson is a 6'3" slot WR who's one of the best route runners I've seen coming out of college. Are you drafting a sure-fire stud WR at 1.09 this year? Of course not, but no class has ever been like that.

I still think we see 4 - 6 likely 1st round receivers in the NFL Draft - definitely Jeudy & Lamb, and then likely 3+ out of the Reagor / Higgins / Ruggs / Shenault / Jefferson tier.

Again, not special, but very solid.
I was told this is the greatest wide receiver class of all time so I was hoping to, yes :wink:

I’m gonna wager we see 3 - Jeudy, Lamb and one of the aforementioned, but I’m not going to gamble on which one because I see most of them as day 2 prospects.