Etienne officially returning to Clemson
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:20 pm

I'll never get why RB's don't jump when they're eligible. Injuries are so common at that position that you can lose out on a ton of money.

Harris and Etienne returning to school is definitely a noticeable blow to this class, but it's still very strong on paper.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:20 pm I'll never get why RB's don't jump when they're eligible. Injuries are so common at that position that you can lose out on a ton of money.

Harris and Etienne returning to school is definitely a noticeable blow to this class, but it's still very strong on paper.
See Bryce Love. It also hurts their shot at a good 2nd contract.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Etienne, Harris, Chubba, Hill all going back is honestly pretty brutal. Back to the top heavy class that this was known as about a year ago honestly...
Last edited by Kmani6 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

chalorpas
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chalorpas » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:20 pm I'll never get why RB's don't jump when they're eligible. Injuries are so common at that position that you can lose out on a ton of money.

I always think the same - although I'm sure he is taking out an insurance policy that would at least make up some of the difference if he gets injured.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:32 pm

Harris and Chuba were never ones I was particularly high on. Harris has solid receiving skills though.
Chuba is any number of scat backs that have floundered.

Etienne is the only real loss I see.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:48 pm

The four RB’s I mentioned, plus devonta smith all returning definitely has an impact. Outside of Etienne, the rest were late firsts/early 2nd’s at the latest, and that’s essentially half a round lost.
Last edited by Kmani6 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Team 1:

WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy

Dynasty Team 2:

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:12 pm
Lumps wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:09 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:02 pm

2 strong late first prospects already gone and then a top tier as well, pushing the rest up.
What are you referring to?
Etienne and Harris, I'd assume. Or the WR Smith from Alabama. This class has lost some perceived depth, that's for sure.
Yeah, the handful of guys mentioned above. Nearly half a round's worth of prospects evaporated.
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:49 pm

I guarantee he didn’t get good news from the advisory committee. Honestly he’s a fairly overrated prospect in my eyes and only really wanted him to declare so that you guys would draft him high. Limited strength in his lower body, limited as a pass-catcher, and I personally don’t think he had great vision. The funny part is all these RBs returned (Hubbard, Harris, Kylin Hill, and now Eteinne) because 2021 is not supposed to be a good class and they wanted to be the top RB. Now all of them are doing the exact same thing that they had a problem with in this class, where there are a bunch of quality prospects that drive the overall price of RB down. Hopefully none of them get hurt, but overall this tells me more about the responses they got from the NFL than the teams they are coming back to.

Overall this is a deep WR class and you better hope to be in the top 5-6 if you want a RB.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:54 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:48 pm The four RB’s I mentioned, plus devonta smith all returning definitely has an impact. Outside of Etienne, the rest were late firsts/early 2nd’s at the latest, and that’s essentially half a round lost.
I’d wager all of them outside of Etienne returned to school because their projected draft grade wasn’t as high as the general consensus here was, so not really sure how you can call them locked late firsts / early seconds.

Etienne is a surprise though, sounds like he really wants his degree and another national championship, there’s no way he was making it out of the second round of the NFL draft.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:55 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:49 pm I guarantee he didn’t get good news from the advisory committee. Honestly he’s a fairly overrated prospect in my eyes and only really wanted him to declare so that you guys would draft him high. Limited strength in his lower body, limited as a pass-catcher, and I personally don’t think he had great vision. The funny part is all these RBs returned (Hubbard, Harris, Kylin Hill, and now Eteinne) because 2021 is not supposed to be a good class and they wanted to be the top RB. Now all of them are doing the exact same thing that they had a problem with in this class, where there are a bunch of quality prospects that drive the overall price of RB down. Hopefully none of them get hurt, but overall this tells me more about the responses they got from the NFL than the teams they are coming back to.

Overall this just become a deep WR class and you better hope to be in the top 5-6 if you want a RB.
Pretty much agreed with this. Etienne has that home run ability, and is great bouncing off tackles once he's moving, due to inertia, but in between the tackles he lacks the leg drive to be a consistent early down back at the next level right now. Another year of working on his hands, pass pro, and adding some weight and strength as his body develops, could help him become a better player for sure. Etienne may have been a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder this year, but we'll never know. Have to imagine that if he can get up to 210-215 in real weight (not listed weight) that he would be a lot stronger between the tackles, and his speed isn't going anywhere.

We aren't pro scouts, and sometimes we think more highly of a player around here than the NFL does. I heard last years class was weak, and that Elijah Holyfield may save the draft class etc. I think that there is a good chance Etienne was overrated on these boards. I moved him up in my rankings, as I basically had him on my do not draft list early, as I felt his value was too high for what I saw, but he did impress me a bit vs LSU on a few plays to make me think if he fell that I would take him in the right spot.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:58 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 2020 class should still be pretty strong:

Jeudy / Lamb / Taylor / Swift / Dobbins = very, very good top5.

Ruggs / Shenault / Reagor / Jefferson = very solid tier 2 of Wide Receivers.

CEH / Akers = very solid tier 2 of Running Backs.

To me, 2nd rounders are what took the biggest hit. Guys like Jefferson / Reagor / CEH, who may have been early / mid 2nd rounders if Etienne / Smith / Harris all declared will now be pushed to the end of the 1st round. It's not like they don't project as solid late 1st picks, but now they can't be had at a huge discount.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:32 pm Harris and Chuba were never ones I was particularly high on. Harris has solid receiving skills though.
Chuba is any number of scat backs that have floundered.

Etienne is the only real loss I see.
Agreed.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:00 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:49 pm I guarantee he didn’t get good news from the advisory committee. Honestly he’s a fairly overrated prospect in my eyes and only really wanted him to declare so that you guys would draft him high. Limited strength in his lower body, limited as a pass-catcher, and I personally don’t think he had great vision. The funny part is all these RBs returned (Hubbard, Harris, Kylin Hill, and now Eteinne) because 2021 is not supposed to be a good class and they wanted to be the top RB. Now all of them are doing the exact same thing that they had a problem with in this class, where there are a bunch of quality prospects that drive the overall price of RB down. Hopefully none of them get hurt, but overall this tells me more about the responses they got from the NFL than the teams they are coming back to.
Isn’t the point of a forum to advise us against doing that? Regardless, your point makes no sense because the RB class next year is not great compared to this years class regardless of many of them returning because frankly they are tier 2 RB’a (outside of Etienne). So etienne is probably thinking along the lines that he could be the first RB taken next year with another strong campaign, whereas he could potentially be the 3-5th RB taken this year.
Dynasty Team 1:

Dynasty Team 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:02 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:58 pm Correct me if I'm wrong, but 2020 class should still be pretty strong:

Jeudy / Lamb / Taylor / Swift / Dobbins = very, very good top5.

Ruggs / Shenault / Reagor / Jefferson = very solid tier 2 of Wide Receivers.

CEH / Akers = very solid tier 2 of Running Backs.

To me, 2nd rounders are what took the biggest hit. Guys like Jefferson / Reagor / CEH, who may have been early / mid 2nd rounders if Etienne / Smith / Harris all declared will now be pushed to the end of the 1st round. It's not like they don't project as solid late 1st picks, but now they can't be had at a huge discount.
Higgins??? I'd certainly expect him to be drafted before Shenault in the NFL draft.