Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Pew Dogs » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:34 am

usps33 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:14 pm I don’t think CTE is what Brown is suffering from, I think he’s bipolar.
Im curious why you think this indicates being bipolar rather than just being an asshole.

As someone who is bipolar, I try never to use that as an excuse for when I’m being an asshole. They’re not necessarily related.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:53 am

Pew Dogs wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:34 am
usps33 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:14 pm I don’t think CTE is what Brown is suffering from, I think he’s bipolar.
Im curious why you think this indicates being bipolar rather than just being an asshole.

As someone who is bipolar, I try never to use that as an excuse for when I’m being an asshole. They’re not necessarily related.
A lot to unpack here. I think he didn't mean offense by saying bipolar but it was a bit insensitive. I think for one, we are going to discover within a decade or two that ALL NFL players have CTE. Scary, but every autopsy done on a former player has pretty much shown that.

I think he might also be suffering from some type of undiagnosed mental illness issues. I had a good friend I grew up with who is bipolar and it has been a battle with some really tough moments over a decade and a half now. I don't feel we are qualified to speculate on whether that is it or not.

I will point out that it seems he has treated everyone in his life horrible at all times and hired regular people to do work and then stiffed them out of payments without remorse. Treated the women in his life terrible and in public. Had issues with teammates and every team. It kinda seems like outside of brain issues, he's always just kind of been a bad person. Just saying.
Brown's former stepfather, Larry Moss Jr., spoke out about Brown's legal situation and made it known he isn't surprised with the accusations.

“I can’t tell you that he did what they said he did,’’ Moss told USA TODAY Sports. “But I know he’s very abusive to women.

"As far as just raping somebody, [Brown] just feels like he can have whatever he wants. He’s just empowered that way. So it doesn’t surprise me that this kind of allegation came out about him.’’

Brown (nicknamed Tony by his peers growing up in Miami-Dade County in Florida) was raised by Moss from ages 5 to 17. Moss claims Brown's erratic behavior began all the way back in his childhood years.

“A lot of things that Tony's doing, nothing surprises me,’’ Moss said. “I’m surprised that it took them this long to figure him out. Because he’s been this way since he’s been 12 years old.’’
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:07 am

CTE, bipolar or whatever other condition: he wouldn't be the only person suffering from this kind of illness, and not all of them behave like a fucking cunt.

so even if you are a better doctor than a doctor and can diagnose him from his tweets (unlikely), stop saying that a physical condition is the cause for his behaviour: it is extremely disrespectful for people who, despite having the same conditions, manage to live as decent human beings.

he behaves like an arsehole, because he is an arsehole. end of.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:07 am CTE, bipolar or whatever other condition: he wouldn't be the only person suffering from this kind of illness, and not all of them behave like a fucking cunt.

so even if you are a better doctor than a doctor and can diagnose him from his tweets (unlikely), stop saying that a physical condition is the cause for his behaviour: it is extremely disrespectful for people who, despite having the same conditions, manage to live as decent human beings.

Yeah, I kind of agree with this.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:24 am

I also think he started to maniacally think the NFL needed him like a Lebron. The NFL doesn't need any one player. That's kind of their thing, the league is the product, not the individuals.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:11 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:07 am CTE, bipolar or whatever other condition: he wouldn't be the only person suffering from this kind of illness, and not all of them behave like a fucking cunt.

Great post.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:17 pm

Nice: Drop the 🎤 post!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:10 pm

I apologize, I shouldn’t have used bipolar and can clearly see that was insensitive of me. He just reminds of Brandon Marshall, once Marshall was properly diagnosed, his life that we see, seems to be night and day from what it was before his mental illness was discovered. CTE is thrown out there so often, but Brown’s been acting like this way before the Burfict hit and just wish people would stop trying to use that for his behavior.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:28 pm

usps33 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:10 pm

I apologize, I shouldn’t have used bipolar and can clearly see that was insensitive of me. He just reminds of Brandon Marshall, once Marshall was properly diagnosed, his life that we see, seems to be night and day from what it was before his mental illness was discovered. CTE is thrown out there so often, but Brown’s been acting like this way before the Burfict hit and just wish people would stop trying to use that for his behavior.
Solid Post.

It’s pretty apparent A. Brown has issues. His actions look like that of someone who needs a mental health checkup in a big way. His behavior is self destructive.

What is actually going on is subjective at this point.

Pretty sad to witness a superior talent acting as he does.

In the end, his future is up to him. Most understand as adults the world doesn’t revolve around ones self.

I don’t see him playing in this league again anytime soon if ever.

Time will tell.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:14 pm

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/284 ... lationship

Dropped by his agency if he doesn't get counceling/therapy, you know he's gotta be out of control if Drew Rosenhaus can't deal with him anymore.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:43 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:14 pm https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/284 ... lationship

Dropped by his agency if he doesn't get counceling/therapy, you know he's gotta be out of control if Drew Rosenhaus can't deal with him anymore.
Drew might as well distance himself from AB if he can't earn. No reason to deal with him at that point as an agent.

But maybe this is a ploy to try to get Brown to actually get some help. I doubt it will work, but it's possible this was done with good intentions.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:00 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:43 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:14 pm https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/284 ... lationship

But maybe this is a ploy to try to get Brown to actually get some help. I doubt it will work, but it's possible this was done with good intentions.
I can't tell if you're being serious.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:50 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:00 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:43 pm

I can't tell if you're being serious.
Well, serious about no reason for Rosenhaus to waste time representing, or being involved with someone who's worth $0.00 to him in his current state of (un)employment.

While unlikely, I'd like to think that maybe he'd like to see AB get some help and try to turn himself around and resurface. But at this point, it really looks like Brown will continue to spiral downward until the elevator reaches the bottom. Wherever that is. Not at all defending his behavior over the last year or so, but it's sad to see talented people throw away their gifts with self destructive behavior.

Maybe Ryan Leaf actually could have been a good NFL QB? Richie Incognito seemed to be on his way out of the NFL at a couple of points with his behavior, but he's managed to apparently get right and resurface. Just somewhat hoping Brown isn't done as a player, and ends up primarily being remembered for all this stupidity he's exhibiting.

Not saying this as someone who has any shares, just remembering the way he dominated on the field for years as a game-changing WR. Great players make the game more fun, but are best enjoyed if they're not complete a**holes off the field. I'd rather see him succeed than fail as a person if that's still possible.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:19 pm

I can't wait to drop him come keeper time lol figured back in November or whenever he was dropped in my league that he was worth a stash. Nope

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:28 pm

I agree mostly but I know a few different people with bipolar (2 have taken their own lives) and no 2 people are the same with it, I will say that I know 3 people with bipolar that play in the A-League and they have told me that mental illness is ripe in professional sport. I wonder if there is a correlation between Bipolar or other mental Illness and the focus and drive it takes to become an elite athlete. These people (I won't name names) also claim that a lot of other athletes have some sort of Illness but aren't diagnosed maybe because of what you can get away with as a star in you home town; as in a regular Joe would get called out more often for unruly behavior.

But I agree, we can't go diagnosing Brown from our computers, its not fair to actual suffering people to get his antics lumped in with their mental illness. I think the only fair thing at this point to even suggest is CTE.