Buyer's remorse. Julio Jones

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Miso_Neil
Role Player
Role Player

Buyer's remorse. Julio Jones

Postby Miso_Neil » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:01 pm

Team in SIG. 0.5PPR. QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K

Earlier this week I sent over 1.05 and 3.05 for Julio Jones. I did it because I am thinking my team is competitive for the next year or two and I was close to winning the championship this year. After the trade processed I am doubting myself and I am think I made a huge mistake. BUT positive is I may have an offer from someone else that I will

Send:
Julio Jones

Get:
Dak and Amari Cooper

I like this deal, but I already have Zeke and Gallup and I don't know if I want the entire Cowboys offense. What should I do? Stick it out with Julio or make this deal?

Additionally, how bad was my original deal of 1.05+3.05 for Julio Jones?
Hawaii Menehunes, 10-Team, 0.5 PPR QB/2RB/3WR/2WRT/TE
L. Jackson, D. Carr, B. Mayfield
J. Taylor, S. Barkley, R. White, D. Achane, Z. Charbonnet, D. Vaughn, R. Penny, D. McBride, D. Jackson
J. Jefferson, T. Higgins, G. Wilson, T. McLaurin, D. Samuel, M. Evans, N. Collins, M. Hardman, M. Bryant, J. Metchie
M. Andrews, J. Ferguson

Taxi Squad- E. Ezukanma, D. Thompson-Robinson, S. Toure, D. Washington

2024 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4

Tucson Trash Cans, 12-Team Superflex, 0.5PPR
J. Fields, D. Watson, D. Ridder
J. Gibbs, A. Jones, M. Sanders, Z. Charbonnet, D. Achane
D. Smith, K. Allen, C. Sutton,, A. Thielen, C. Claypool, N. Collins
K. Pitts
J. Myers

pmart33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Buyer's remorse. Julio Jones

Postby pmart33 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:07 pm

I don't think 1.05 and 3.05 for Julio is catastrophic by any means. Julio probably will give you another 1-2 years of elite level production, but obviously this is a deep class and you could have left a stud on the table. Hard to say for sure, but at least you know what Julio is.

Regardless of the deal you made to get him I'd send Julio out for Dak and Cooper in a heart beat, regardless of my team's situation. This is dynasty, so don't worry about having too many guys on one team. If that's really an issue for you then deal a piece of the Dallas offense this offseason.

If you want to put the 2 deals together:

Dak and Amari > 1.05 and 3.05
For Podcasts, Blogs and more please visit:
https://www.sundaysurefire.com/

Team 1
12 Team .5 PPR
Starters 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Hurts Love Cousins
RB CMC Stevenson Ekeler Mostert Spiller
WR Hill Puka Aiyuk Diggs
TE Kelce

Team 2
12 Team PPR SF TE Prem
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Kyler A-Rich
RB Dobbins Hull
WR Flowers London C. Watson Mingo
TE McBride Musgrave Mayer Fant

1.01 1.03
4 2025 1sts
5 2026 1sts

Team 3
12 Team PPR SF
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Burrow Purdy Howell
RB Taylor Hall Kyren Ekeler Pollard Z. White Dowdle
WR Lamb Puka Deebo Dionte M. Williams Zay Jones
TE Njoku Fant Hill

Team 4
12 Team .5 PPR SF TE Prem 1 PPR
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Purdy Cousins Watson Levis Fields
RB Bijan Gibbs Barkley Walker Kyren
WR Lamb Hill Kupp Dell Diontae E. Moore Mims Pierce
TE Hockenson Goedert

3 2025 1sts
4 2026 1sts

mgregoirec
Captain
Captain

Postby mgregoirec » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Not sure I would have done the initial deal, but I don't think it's that bad.

Also, I wouldn't want to have any team's entire offense, especially the Cowboys. BUT as mentioned above, you could trade a couple of Cowboys' players to get a stud.
2022 Back to back champion
2021 Champion
Briseur de cennes - 14-team half-PPR w/ IDP - 4 keepers, Est. 2017
7-1

QB : Jordan Love
RB : D'Andre Swift, Josh Jacobs, Gus Edwards, Ezekiel Elliott, Antonio Gibson
WR : Justin Jefferson, Ja’marr Chase, AJ Brown, Quentin Johnston, Jahan Dotson
TE : Mark Andrews
DL : Sam Hubbard
LB : Foye Oluokun, Micah Parsons
DB : Julian Love

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:16 pm

The Jones deal is not that bad. He could be a huge piece in helping you make a title run. I would roll Jones and hold off on the other trade. IF you do make the other trade, I would look to move Gallup at least. Not sure relying an entire offense week to week is a great plan.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:28 pm

Agree that the Julio deal wasn't bad and that you're probably just getting rookie fever right now. I'd make the second trade as well and get Dak and Cooper. You can always flip Cooper or move Gallup if you don't want two WRs from the same team. Having Dak and Zeke shouldn't be an issue though.

Miso_Neil
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Miso_Neil » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:37 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:28 pm Agree that the Julio deal wasn't bad and that you're probably just getting rookie fever right now. I'd make the second trade as well and get Dak and Cooper. You can always flip Cooper or move Gallup if you don't want two WRs from the same team. Having Dak and Zeke shouldn't be an issue though.
I think I am suffering from the fear of missing out on a stud rookie, but the age of Julio scares me too. My league is also afraid of making trades I think there has only been 7 trades in the past year and I was involved in all but 1. So I am afraid if I make a trade for players then I am going to be "stuck" with them. You know? Hence the fear of being stuck with the Cowboys offense.

If I make this trade for Cooper and Prescott I think I would look to trade away Gallup, but what is a fair asking price for Gallup? Maybe a Phillip Lindsay? Just because I might need some younger RBs?
J. Taylor, S. Barkley, R. White, D. Achane, Z. Charbonnet, D. Vaughn, R. Penny, D. McBride, D. Jackson
J. Jefferson, T. Higgins, G. Wilson, T. McLaurin, D. Samuel, M. Evans, N. Collins, M. Hardman, M. Bryant, J. Metchie
M. Andrews, J. Ferguson

2024 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4

K. Pitts
J. Myers

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Miso_Neil wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:37 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:28 pm Agree that the Julio deal wasn't bad and that you're probably just getting rookie fever right now. I'd make the second trade as well and get Dak and Cooper. You can always flip Cooper or move Gallup if you don't want two WRs from the same team. Having Dak and Zeke shouldn't be an issue though.
I think I am suffering from the fear of missing out on a stud rookie, but the age of Julio scares me too. My league is also afraid of making trades I think there has only been 7 trades in the past year and I was involved in all but 1. So I am afraid if I make a trade for players then I am going to be "stuck" with them. You know? Hence the fear of being stuck with the Cowboys offense.

If I make this trade for Cooper and Prescott I think I would look to trade away Gallup, but what is a fair asking price for Gallup? Maybe a Phillip Lindsay? Just because I might need some younger RBs?
You might be able to get an early 2nd for him right now. That could land you a pretty decent RB in this draft.

Miso_Neil
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Miso_Neil » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:49 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:35 pm

You might be able to get an early 2nd for him right now. That could land you a pretty decent RB in this draft.
And you value that draft pick more than a RB currently in the league? I am only asking because there is a guy in my league who owns, Barkley, Cook, Jacobs, Singletary, and Lindsay. and our league is a 2RB 1 flex, so he has more RBs than he can play and his WRs are Lockett then his WR2 Kendrick Bourne/Westbrook. So I thinking I might be able to get a deal done.
M. Andrews, J. Ferguson

2024 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4

K. Pitts
J. Myers

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:50 pm

One has to wonder if Amari will be even a Cowboy next year.....

That said, I'd move Julio and get Dak/Amari. Figure out how to move some Cowboys later in offseason. I just like the value here.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, Trey Benson, James Conner, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:56 pm

Miso_Neil wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:49 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:35 pm

And you value that draft pick more than a RB currently in the league? I am only asking because there is a guy in my league who owns, Barkley, Cook, Jacobs, Singletary, and Lindsay. and our league is a 2RB 1 flex, so he has more RBs than he can play and his WRs are Lockett then his WR2 Kendrick Bourne/Westbrook. So I thinking I might be able to get a deal done.
I think I'd rather have an early 2nd over Lindsay. The other RBs are obviously worth more.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:55 pm

it's not bad value for julio but i get that feeling. Saying that I'd make the flip for Amari and just let the offseason play out.
If you wanna sell Gallup I'd hold for a mid first TBH.

PhillySpecial
Captain
Captain

Postby PhillySpecial » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:50 am

The deal for Julio is OK for a contender but I would rather have had the 1.05 to draft Jeudy or Lamb. But Julio will provide 2 more years of elite production. I would trade Julio straight up for Cooper so getting Dak is a nice little bonus.

I agree with the above that Cooper may not even be in Dallas next year so make the deal and hope Cooper is in another city in 2020. That would be a huge victory having Cooper and Gallup both as WR1s on their teams.
10 Team. PPR. 25 player roster. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF, 1D
QB - Justin Herbert. Anthony Richardson. Geno Smith. Sam Howell.
RB - Saquon Barkley. JK Dobbins. Tony Pollard. Leonard Fournette. Kareem Hunt. Devin Singletary. Zamir White. Tyjae Sharp. Jaylen Warren. Jerome Ford. Zach Evans. Chris Rodriquez.
WR - AJ Brown. DK Metcalf. Chris Godwin. Deebo Samuel. Amon Ra St Brown. Courtland Sutton.
TE - Darren Waller. Pat Freiermuth. Evan Engram.

2024 - 1st. 4th.
2025 - 1st. 4th.